Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Good on them. Was speaking to an old friend the other day, about as big a bluenose as you'll find. He said he won't set foot in Ibrox until Ashley is gone. Rangers ha e always been my most disliked club probably, for various reasons but their fanbase has really impressed me since all the shit started. I have a new found respect for some of them.

I'd quite happily pay more for a season ticket if it meant we had more ambition, i'm sure 7-10yrs ago my season ticket was over £510/£520 then. it's become far too much of a day out and much less about the whole feeling of a club

20 years ago, we were paying almost 600 pounds for an E Stand ST....in addition, many of us coughed up 500 for the 'Bond', supposedly to enable you to retain your place for 10 years...Platinum Club STs were - wait for it - 3000 quid...

Ashley has piled high and sold cheap with all his ventures...he knows discerning people won't accept second-best tat, but there are plenty who will buy something just because they see it as 'cheap' - and that applies to NUFC STs now.

As you say, there are many fans who would pay more if they felt the club had ambition and would re-invest money made into the playing staff but that won't happen under this regime.

Chicken and Egg....

Hi, I'm in Malaysia and there are some rumours I hear around these parts about possibility of some Asian Consortium looking to buy into a Premiership club. No specific club name that I'm aware of for now but would not rule out Newcastle.  They could be following example of Tony Fernandez and friends with QPR and the Thai chappies with Leicester.

Don't rule out this possibility as many Asian Businessmen are cash rich and need somewhere to park their extra funds. Its also a source of pride (if done right) and great advertisement for their organizations. Recently, a Singaporean Billionaire Peter Lim just bought Valencia and apparently he is now the new savior and hero of Valencia fans. Still early days but Peter Lim seems to be enjoying the limelight, at least for now.

Hi, I'm in Malaysia and there are some rumours I hear around these parts about possibility of some Asian Consortium looking to buy into a Premiership club. No specific club name that I'm aware of for now but would not rule out Newcastle.  They could be following example of Tony Fernandez and friends with QPR and the Thai chappies with Leicester.

Don't rule out this possibility as many Asian Businessmen are cash rich and need somewhere to park their extra funds. Its also a source of pride (if done right) and great advertisement for their organizations. Recently, a Singaporean Billionaire Peter Lim just bought Valencia and apparently he is now the new savior and hero of Valencia fans. Still early days but Peter Lim seems to be enjoying the limelight, at least for now.

Make it happen but dont turn our kit red.

And it was so promising until this point.

Guest neesy111

USC has went into admin (he owns a majority shareholding), apparently loads of suppliers have fucked off from them.

USC has went into admin (he owns a majority shareholding), apparently loads of suppliers have fucked off from them.

Yeah, apparently the big names were starting to be cast aside for more of his naked brands to come in and be sold. Diesel say they are owed some money off them for stock that they have, I can see this a way of Ashley buying that stock cheaply off USC to sell in SD stores whilst Diesel are offered a small amount of what they are owed if they get anything at all.

And it was so promising until this point.

This all smells a bit like Barry Moat to me.

Had this sick feeling last night whilst finishing up that Keegan "Reluctant Messiah" book - when the likes of Newcastle & Barcelona were competing over signatures of players. SBR turning down chance to sign Ginola for Barcelona as he was too much money for his age, and Keegan basically saying well we don't have to sell, those times are gone for good - we're in the same bracket as Barcelona and we play in the same European competition. Those days are gone.

Crippling reading that. 1995-1996 to now. My word.

Lucky to have lived it as well though.

It's a killer though, great times to have witnessed first hand, glorious days. But it makes current circumstances all that more unbearable. You can see why some of the young ones aren't as affected as us.

Guest Roger Kint

Lucky to have lived it as well though.

Timed it perfect with just about to leave school at the end of the promotion season and given the chance of loads of away games to teams i was too young to appreciate when i started going in the mid 80's. Perfect age to start travelling round and enjoying some incredible football, think i would hate the sport if i was born 20 years later :lol:

Aye it's tough to explain to younger fans. Still though, wouldn't have missed any of those moments.

Younger fans need to sit the fuck down and read some of these books tbh. You learn a hell of a lot about that time in football, appreciate a ton more of those individuals and finally - get some perspective on why there is so much uproar amongst some of us when the sad apathetic bunch sit on their hands and ask for a smile and nod from Pardew.