Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Shocking that people don't see past that. The interview just p*ssed me off more - why do people continue to be so gullible. Generally you can cling to hope if there's evidence of change. There's nothing of that sort. Not in any f***ing year man.

The only worthwhile statement Ashley could have made today was to immediately relieve Carver and the rest of the jokers from their positions as soon as the full time whistle went.

Shocking that people don't see past that. The interview just p*ssed me off more - why do people continue to be so gullible. Generally you can cling to hope if there's evidence of change. There's nothing of that sort. Not in any f***ing year man.

Yip, fuck all will change. Expect mediocre manager and 20 million spend with around 30 coming in for Cisse, Sissoko, Tiote, Abeid etc. 3 in more out, no centre halves, no top strikers and Carver or McLaren in charge of it all. Totally depressing

Guest chopey

Carver said he needs to know either way before he heads off on his holidays on Wednesday because there is no phone signal at his caravan in crimdon dean

this PR move will more than likely buy him at least another year of benefit of the doubt from the morons and that's why he's done it...keep stringing people along until the deal kicks into 100m a year, then keep stringing them along further :lol:

this PR move will more than likely buy him at least another year of benefit of the doubt from the morons and that's why he's done it...keep stringing people along until the deal kicks into 100m a year, then keep stringing them along further :lol:

I thought it was this, and a realization that if we went down and lost the sky money- suddenly the money from the fans would become important again-  'Quick make an ambiguous statement about possible ambition'

He's ran the club the same way for 8 years. He's not going to suddenly change his stance now, let's be clear about that. We'll sell a few players this summer and spend a small amount replacing them, enough for Ashley to believe we'll finish outside the bottom 3, and repeat for the season after etc.

Thankfully with my season ticket now cancelled I'm not part of it anymore and he isn't getting another penny from me. The crack at the match yesterday suggests many people have chucked in their tickets which is probably why he came out and spoke to the cameras for the first time. Hopefully people will see straight through his lies now.

If he's actually serious, and I don't believe a word he says, then both Charnley and Carver will be both peddled tomorrow morning. The best money he could spend would be on appointing a very good manager and allowing him to bring his own backroom team in.

If he somehow managed task 1 then task 2 is to shift the shite out to whoever is daft enough to sign them and spend significant amounts of money on all areas. We're about 12+ players short of being in a position to have a pop at the likes of Everton and Southampton etc. Failure to do these things (let's be honest, he's not going to part with much is he?) will mean another struggle to stay up. rinse and repeat until we drop. Any fucker can give it the big one in a 5 minute interview, it means nothing without actions. 

:thup:

League is shite enough that I disagree that 12 players are needed, but a fantastic manager certainly.

I haven't seen anyone saying that they 'believe' what Ashley is saying, based solely on the interview. Just that they're interested to see if he puts his words into action. No-one needs to decide, at this point, whether they 'believe' him. The view seems to be 'we've heard it all before', but this is a more positive, and public commitment to success than he's ever previously been prepared to give.

And what's the alternative?

Guest chopey

He's got the summer to put things right but if his first move is to make carver manager then he can fuck right off

I haven't seen anyone saying that they 'believe' what Ashley is saying, based solely on the interview. Just that they're interested to see if he puts his words into action. No-one needs to decide, at this point, whether they 'believe' him. The view seems to be 'we've heard it all before', but this is a more positive, and public commitment to success than he's ever previously been prepared to give.

And what's the alternative?

The same alternative there's always been. Have some self respect and stop giving him your money.

He's got the summer to put things right but if his first move is to make carver manager then he can fuck right off

For once, I'm prepared to agree. Carver has shown that he's far too emotional for the top job, and I think he's lost the support of the players.

He's got the summer to put things right but if his first move is to make carver manager then he can f*** right off

Won't be him though... will be Charnley and 'the Football Board'.

:rolleyes: "Not my mess, Guvnor!"

He's ran the club the same way for 8 years. He's not going to suddenly change his stance now,

Pretty much said it in that interview- 'Continue' no change in approach was even hinted at.

He's ran the club the same way for 8 years. He's not going to suddenly change his stance now,

Pretty much said it in that interview- 'Continue' no change in approach was even hinted at.

He did say that we are now in a position to punch above our weight in the transfer market.

Guest The Little Waster

Thing that sickens the most is not Ashley spouting his usual crap but the beaming faces coming out of the ground yesterday happy that we had survived ... These people will be the death of Nufc

He did say that we are now in a position to punch above our weight in the transfer market.

so we will match the spending and ambition of the top 6 ? starting with a manager?

Guest The Little Waster

so we will match the spending and ambition of the top 6 ? starting with a manager?

No ...

Best thing he could have done was say he's got things wrong, got carried away thinking everything was rosy after finishing 5th, has put his trust in the wrong people, (Kinnear, Pardew,etc.) and that he would change things moving forward so that we're never in this position again. That interview was just nothing though. Nowt will change.