Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

never trust a man that cannot maintain eye contact alot of that interview he spent looking off to the far right or up in the air while I appreciate he isnt a public speaker this just reminded me of a televised version of that Charnley did with the chronicle spoon fed rhetoric from someone who has shown nothing but the exact opposite of what has being peddled.

I'm not wanting to back Ashley here at all because I believe he's all smoke and mirrors, however what you have said is bullshit. Looking someone in the eye is often a major sign of lying. Looking up (either to the left or right depending on which hand you right with) is a signal of either recalling information or fabricating information.

Someone's been watching Lie to Me. O0

It's actually one of my favourite shows, however I followed Dr Ekman's work long before then and is the area of psychology I want to pursue research in.

I got a first for it in one of my exams earlier in the year.

never trust a man that cannot maintain eye contact alot of that interview he spent looking off to the far right or up in the air while I appreciate he isnt a public speaker this just reminded me of a televised version of that Charnley did with the chronicle spoon fed rhetoric from someone who has shown nothing but the exact opposite of what has being peddled.

I'm not wanting to back Ashley here at all because I believe he's all smoke and mirrors, however what you have said is bullshit. Looking someone in the eye is often a major sign of lying. Looking up (either to the left or right depending on which hand you right with) is a signal of either recalling information or fabricating information.

Someone's been watching Lie to Me. O0

It's actually one of my favourite shows, however I followed Dr Ekman's work long before then and is the area of psychology I want to pursue research in.

I got a first for it in one of my exams earlier in the year.

Lick

Well he's middle aged, and white, but not middle class. Rules out a psychopath, right?

This summer is when we'll really see what his plans are for the club.

My prediction is that we'll spend upwards of £20mil. The press will be telling everyone that Ashley's put his money where his mouth is, but the money spent will actually be less than what we receive for outgoing players.

Steve Mclaren and buy some new players for a net outlay of bugger all. Fans content. Guess who wins again. Guess again you fat bastard. Think I'm talking to myself now, time for bed.

The moment I heard Charnley was going to be responsible for the appointment of a new manager I thought, 'Nothing is going to change then.'.

Same old Ashley, hire lick-arses into positions they're not equipped to deal with, pay them cheap, replace when exposed as incompetent.

Guest firetotheworks

I love this idea about Champions League from him.

Right everyone, I really want us to push for the Champions League this year, so our plan is to employ a mediocre (at best) manager willing to be told exactly what to do and who to buy working alongside John Carver, we'll buy players nearing the end of their contracts with no care for team shape or cohesion and if any of them perform well and the team is in good shape half way through the season, we'll sell them. Alright GooooooooOOOOOOO Magpies!

Guest thenorthumbrian

Ashley has been here 8 years and one day.

And it's taken him this long to talk to the media.

Guest ElCid

My prediction is that we'll spend upwards of £20mil. The press will be telling everyone that Ashley's put his money where his mouth is, but the money spent will actually be less than what we receive for outgoing players.

Personally I think he has left himself in a position where if he doesn't spend big and if there is no mass improvement, then the whole press circle including all the nationals will turn on him. This bloke has never ever came remotely to being even close to answering or even acknowledging anything which has been requested or asked of him and yet in the biggest shock of the year he suddenly appears in front of the cameras (and if anyone says the were not totally shocked when he came on their a liar).

Long term (maybe even short term) only a good thing as he either matches what he said (and he said about winning things not finishing 10th so he can't use that old chestnut again) or if he doesn't and he then gets castrated by the world media which we all know he does not enjoy which may well force him to sell up. Well done Fat Mike you have opened up to be shot at now you have emerged from your little rabbit hole and will now be caught in the headlights. £20 million will be laughed at and will lead to relegation next year - you may well be right but lets enjoy him squirm in the spotlight. He was 90 minutes today from losing approx. 60 million in one fell swoop (100 million - parachute payments). Well done to the protestors and AshleyOut.com as you certainly have made a hell of a difference to the extent the fat cunt has had to come out in front of the whole footballing world.

I thought that was last summer , or was it the one before, or January or something?

Kevin Keegan believes that Mike Ashley’s “bullish” interview is a hint that the Newcastle United owner has a new head coach already lined up.

The former Toon boss identified Michael Laudrup as his own personal preferred choice but feels that Ashley’s rare public interview should be encouragement that big changes are around the corner.

Keegan, speaking to beIN sports, said: “I think he’s got somebody lined up as he was quite bullish in the interview. I’ve got a feeling with the way he was talking before the game, he’s already got someone.

“I would put Michael Laudrup top of my list. What that would do is guarantee a certain type of football. What he did at Swansea is something the Newcastle fans want. They want to be entertained.”

And Keegan feels that Ashley can win back over those fans that are against him.

He said: “Ashley has got the money. If someone could just explain to him that if you get this right, everything that’s been against you, it will swing full circle.

“He had people between him and me that he didn’t need. I told him that. That’s why it didn’t work. I know the guy who he’s got running the club - Lee Charnley - and he needs someone else with more experience.”

Personally I think he has left himself in a position where if he doesn't spend big and if there is no mass improvement, then the whole press circle including all the nationals will turn on him. This bloke has never ever came remotely to being even close to answering or even acknowledging anything which has been requested or asked of him and yet in the biggest shock of the year he suddenly appears in front of the cameras (and if anyone says the were not totally shocked when he came on their a liar).

Long term (maybe even short term) only a good thing as he either matches what he said (and he said about winning things not finishing 10th so he can't use that old chestnut again) or if he doesn't and he then gets castrated by the world media which we all know he does not enjoy which may well force him to sell up. Well done Fat Mike you have opened up to be shot at now you have emerged from your little rabbit hole and will now be caught in the headlights. £20 million will be laughed at and will lead to relegation next year - you may well be right but lets enjoy him squirm in the spotlight. He was 90 minutes today from losing approx. 60 million in one fell swoop (100 million - parachute payments). Well done to the protestors and AshleyOut.com as you certainly have made a hell of a difference to the extent the fat c*** has had to come out in front of the whole footballing world.

It wont be so much how much we spend but how we spend it. Will it be spent on players to improve the team or players purely  to sell on ? That seems to be the crux for me and many others.

Fuck off man, it makes no difference.  It's been 8 years.  Not one thing will change, except we might spend a few extra quid to save his skin on the Premier League gravy train.  "How we spend it" FFS.  You know how we'll spend it, you know what the idea is by now.  The guy doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, there is no doubt now.

one means running us as a football club, one means running us as a business. Hes done it as the latter for a while, if he keeps doing it he'll lose lots of paying customers and gets loads of bad publicity (which has really just started on a national press scale), the national media having a go couod touch the nerve.

one means running us as a football club, one means running us as a business. Hes done it as the latter for a while, if he keeps doing it he'll lose lots of paying customers and gets loads of bad publicity (which has really just started on a national press scale), the national media having a go couod touch the nerve.

So he's going to change then, you reckon.  Not like you to play the Devil's advocate mate.

Long term (maybe even short term) only a good thing as he either matches what he said (and he said about winning things not finishing 10th so he can't use that old chestnut again) or if he doesn't and he then gets castrated by the world media which we all know he does not enjoy which may well force him to sell up. Well done Fat Mike you have opened up to be shot at now you have emerged from your little rabbit hole and will now be caught in the headlights. £20 million will be laughed at and will lead to relegation next year - you may well be right but lets enjoy him squirm in the spotlight. He was 90 minutes today from losing approx. 60 million in one fell swoop (100 million - parachute payments). Well done to the protestors and AshleyOut.com as you certainly have made a hell of a difference to the extent the fat cunt has had to come out in front of the whole footballing world.

I'm more inclined to believe that the national press will have already forgotten what he said and the locals will not dare to rock the boat whether he fails to replace Carver or sells the squad and replaced them with eleven farts trapped in a jar.  The only reason we were 'big news' today was so they could peddle the deluded Geordie shite if we went down.

So he's going to change then, you reckon.  Not like you to play the Devil's advocate mate.

Not saying he will, I think it's a better chance than him selling up, probably at a loss, to someobody who'll give us what we want.