Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Most of the criticism will be in the lack of investment thread.

And the transfer rumour thread, and the various threads about key players being injured/suspended.

Pardew's getting a lot of shit because he's still had most of his first team available (and we were playing poorly even with the missing players), and up until about a month ago was consistently licking Ashley's arse in public and saying how we should just be grateful we didn't sell anyone.

He's simply not the biggest problem right now, he's supplied good players but our manager is not adapting and is making mistakes every week. He should get stick for the summer, we could have done with at least another 2 in, but who's to say they'd have even been used properly? How exactly would Pards have played Debuchy for example?

As a right back.

The Ashley debate has got to the point where it has became pointless and there was nothing left to offer - we in the corner of disliking the man have mostly come to accept that he's currently here to stay, doesn't give a shit what the fans think and every transfer window will end in disappointment with a lopsided squad that's threadbare in talent.

He's simply not the biggest problem right now, he's supplied good players but our manager is not adapting and is making mistakes every week. He should get stick for the summer, we could have done with at least another 2 in, but who's to say they'd have even been used properly? How exactly would Pards have played Debuchy for example?

As a right back.

But like a right back more akin to a third centre back, who rarely moves forward? Could he have handled TWO full backs that like pushing on!?

The Ashley debate has got to the point where it has became pointless and there was nothing left to offer - we in the corner of disliking the man have mostly come to accept that he's currently here to stay, doesn't give a shit what the fans think and every transfer window will end in disappointment with a lopsided squad that's threadbare in talent.

Basically, aye.

Guest neesy111

Ashley's transfer policy is very flawed, looks good on the outside and initially it worked but now when go into it we see the huge flaws its causing for the manager and team.

We need 4-5 players if we can compete on all fronts.  2/3 first team and 2 squad players.

Ashley's transfer policy is very flawed, looks good on the outside and initially it worked but now when go into it we see the huge flaws its causing for the manager and team.

We need 4-5 players if we can compete on all fronts.  2/3 first team and 2 squad players.

its not flawed, with everyone fit our team is way better than a lot of the teams that are sitting above us right now. 

As a right back.

But like a right back more akin to a third centre back, who rarely moves forward? Could he have handled TWO full backs that like pushing on!?

Oh I see. :lol: Our backs to overlap once in a while when the sun is in scorpio.

Ashley's lack of investment in the summer should have been the difference between 4th and anything down to 7th - Pardew has us languishing in the bottom half and having our arse handed to us by the teams around us.

Plus if he wants sympathy (and there probably is some to be had), the best thing to do is drop the shit about how grateful we all should be to St Mike. Obviously I'm a Hughton fanboy but I loved his bland platitudes which most people on here seemed to detest. There was never the least thing concerning or irritating about his interviews - far preferable to Pardew's brand of utter bullshit.

Guest neesy111

its not flawed, with everyone fit our team is way better than a lot of the teams that are sitting above us right now. 

When was the last time football was decided on paper.....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8154563/

Derek Llambias says critics of Mike Ashley's Newcastle regime "don't understand" how much has been achieved during his time at the club.

A four-year shirt sponsorship deal with loan company Wonga is the latest Ashley initiative to rile supporters who have long been opposed to the sportswear tycoon's five-year-old ownership.

Tension remains between terrace and boardroom despite success on the pitch under Alan Pardew, who was initially dismissed as a 'yes man' for the regime when he replaced the popular Chris Hughton.

Pardew recently committed to the club for eight years and Llambias reckons that deal - and Wonga's commitment to fund an Academy which is now all-but guaranteed Category One status - represents a huge fortnight's work.

He told the Journal: "We've been plugging away, slowly. You don't understand what we've done - we've done a good job. We've been realistic about what this club can do and what it can do in the future.

"Financially we are stable and we will get stronger and stronger. Financially we don't take anything out of the club, remember that. We don't charge the club any interest on the loans - we're not interested in that.

"What we want to do is bring something to the club and eventually, with eight years' stability, hopefully we'll do that. It's been a big fortnight - a very big fortnight. It's all about the season for us now."

click "new" and this was the newest post the last time I came in this thread.

Oh, hindsight, coupled with reality.

It's a good policy but certainly not perfect. An adaptable and slightly creative manager is what you need to get the best out of it though.

“There have been times when Derek (Llambias) has said, ‘It’s out of the budget or it doesn’t work’.

“But Mike has said ‘Do it’.

“Don’t think that might not happen again.”

“That’s my job to try to tease him in on signings. He knows that and what I’m trying to do all of the time.

“He tries to stay away from me but he can’t, I know where he is in Mansfield, it isn’t far!”

“He is the best chairman I’ve had in terms of letting me work.

“He hardly ever bothers me and if he does, it’s about a decision involving the budget.

“Questions like ‘Was that a good move?’ or ‘Could we have paid less?’

“But outside of the team, very rarely will he stop me and say ‘Why did you sub him at that time?’ or ‘What’s the story with him, why isn’t he playing?’.

“He trusts me and knows I am being fair.

“I am trying to get the best out of the team"

That was a month ago. It's hard to blame Ashley if Pardew is so happy with the situation  :iamatwat:

how do you determine how many players we need, isnt that decided on paper?

who says we are suppose to compete on all fronts. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Absolutely laughing his fat fucking arse off at us!

He'd be happy with 17th to get his piece of the sky pie next year

Dosnt give a shit

Absolutely laughing his fat fucking arse off at us!

He'd be happy with 17th to get his piece of the sky pie next year

Dosnt give a shit

17th is a bit too close to relegation, surely he remembers how fucking shite that was to his finances.

Needs to sack Pardew and bring in a manger who plays football.

Problem is his thought process is:

'Who's unattached? Who will be happy being the lowest paid manager in the league with no budget?'

Then appoint someone shit.

Needs to sack Pardew and bring in a manger who plays football.

Problem is his thought process is:

'Who's unattached? Who will be happy being the lowest paid manager in the league with no budget?'

Then appoint someone shit.

Aye. Will also be someone who's been out of the game for years an' all - i.e. David fucking O'Leary or Curbishley. It'll be bargain fucking basement that's for sure.