Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

He's got an entirely valid point about this MP's carry on btw. It's turned into a bit of a point scoring witch hunt.

Bollocks. He should've turned up when they asked him.

Why?

A lot of people in this country massively resent success.

Said it all along, relegation would do nothing and now it seems that MA has proven me right.

The only way Ashley will sell us if when/if someone comes in with a daft offer for us.

So all of those fans wishing relegation on us to rid us of Ashley can continue to do so with no realistic outcome :aww:

Yep. Never understood the relegation brigade as he didn't sell us the last time we went down. It was never a given he'd leave if we went down.

:(

Said it all along, relegation would do nothing and now it seems that MA has proven me right.

The only way Ashley will sell us if when/if someone comes in with a daft offer for us.

So all of those fans wishing relegation on us to rid us of Ashley can continue to do so with no realistic outcome :aww:

Yep. Never understood the relegation brigade as he didn't sell us the last time we went down. It was never a given he'd leave if we went down.

If the fans starve the club of cash he'll soon be on his bike. It's always been in the hands of the fans, just need the sheep to wake up. They won't though.

If the fans starve the club of cash he'll soon be on his bike. It's always been in the hands of the fans, just need the sheep to wake up. They won't though.

The main revenue for clubs isn't attendances anymore, its TV money

We were only down for one season the last time. I think the line of thought is that if we went down, and stayed down for a number of seasons, he'd start to think differently.

The main revenue for clubs isn't attendances anymore, its TV money

I know that.

If we go down however, that is taken away. Add to that a boycott from fans, and he'll be pissing money away.

His facial expression and the tone of his voice throughout the reply, when asked about possibility of staying up, seemed to indicate that he thinks it's unlikely.

Ah, fuck, that's that then - the man really knows what he's talking about when it comes to football.

I want us to go down to L2 or lower? 

Will he sell then?

3 seasons or more without premier league involvement and he's likely to sell. If you're going to assume it's on a single years basis like before then of course he won't. The act of relegation isn't the cause; it's the aftermath.

Amazing insight!

3 seasons or more without premier league involvement and he's likely to sell. If you're going to assume it's on a single years basis like before then of course he won't. The act of relegation isn't the cause; it's the aftermath.

Amazing insight!

Well my passive aggressive chum, someone seems to be arguing the opposite.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-admits-regrets-buying-7603869?

Mike Ashley has admitted he “regrets” buying Newcastle United – but won’t sell if they are relegated.

In a rare interview Ashley insisted new boss Rafa Benitez was the man to guide the Geordies away from relegation.

Ashley revealed he won’t sell up, saying he and the fans are “wedded together through the good times and the bad” and “stuck with each other”.

Ashley concedes he has “nil” effect on the running of the club and said: “Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes.

“I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven’t been able to make the difference I wanted to in football like I have at Sports Direct.

“I wanted to help Newcastle, I wanted to make it better, that’s what I wanted to do. I haven’t seemed to have had that affect.

“Let’s hope Rafa can do the business and keep us up there.”

Ashley has invested £262 million of his personal fortune in Newcastle and says he is desperate for them to stay up this season.

Manager Benitez has eight games to rescue the struggling club, currently second bottom of the Premier League after just two wins in 14 games.

Ashley’s ownership has been controversial since he bought the club in 2007.

It has including a relegation in 2009, Wonga becoming shirt sponsors, and managerial changes including appointing Joe Kinnear.

Asked if he was committed to the club if United go down, he replied: “I have no choice. They’ve got me, and I’ve got them. That is the way it is.”

Asked about the draw against Sunderland on Sunday he replied: “It’s disappointing because I personally want to win every game for Newcastle United. It doesn’t matter who they are playing. But it is not a disaster.”