Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

Peter Lovenkrands (Sub) "Added some experience"

Oh is that what he adds? Because I've been wondering for about a year.

:lol:

'Peter Lovenkrands (sub): Older than the player he replaced.'

I had a feeling we'd score on that corner and then Ba headed it home.  Jonas goal nearly brought a tear to my eye.  As much as I thought we controlled the first half, Wolves didn't take their chances very well.

The second half was horrible.  We invited too much pressure and just when the announcers talked about taking Ba off and bringing in another midfielder, Pards took Ba and Cabaye off for Guthrie and Shitpants.

In the end, Wolves are tough to beat at the Molineaux and I'll take the 3 points but that 2nd half was discouraging.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wolves were pretty scared of Obertan. He's a very useful weapon away from home.

Wasn't one of his best days though.

good result thet tailed off into a poorish performance (maybe a tad harsh given that it was a good start and poor finish...other way round may have a differing perception). i could understand the subs in taking players off, ba had just went down and may have been carrying a knock because of it, cabaye looked shot, but i can not for the life of me understand their replacements.

side point...a lot has been made about cabaye's work rate and the amount of ground he covers compared to his last season in france......hope he can hack it without burning himself out.

I had a feeling we'd score on that corner and then Ba headed it home.  Jonas goal nearly brought a tear to my eye.  As much as I thought we controlled the first half, Wolves didn't take their chances very well.

The second half was horrible.  We invited too much pressure and just when the announcers talked about taking Ba off and bringing in another midfielder, Pards took Ba and Cabaye off for Guthrie and Shitpants.

In the end, Wolves are tough to beat at the Molineaux and I'll take the 3 points but that 2nd half was discouraging.

so did we (me and 2 others), we were tripping over each other to shout," steven taylor near post,heres a training ground move" as he's normally the run from deep bloke from dead balls.

He's been dying to get Lovenkrands on the last couple of games, remember him saying "he should have come on" against Blackburn. Guess it's good man management, he scored two in the cup so should be "rewarded" with some league minutes. However, he only get cup minutes for a reason as he's just not good enough, if he doesn't like it he's welcome to leave.

haven't read every post on there (basically that page linked to) and they aren't going overboard about the pen and disallowed goal, mainly talking about the football as opposed to the decisions. can't say it would be the same on here. good on them!

Yeah, seem like a really good bunch. The ":blush:" was because of the complimentary first post on that second page.

Slightly bevied Liverpool fan here, always had a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle. Great start to the season, what do you think has been the biggest improvmnt? I know a few who were writing Pardew off but it looks looks like he's built a good team spirit.

Slightly bevied Liverpool fan here, always had a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle. Great start to the season, what do you think has been the biggest improvmnt? I know a few who were writing Pardew off but it looks looks like he's built a good team spirit.

biggest improvement......a philosophy of pass and move.

biggest improvement......a philosophy of pass and move.

It's important like but to go away and grind wins out you also need that strong work ethic and mentality. I wonder if selling the popular old guard has been the catalyst and brought everyone together. You've also added some much needed pace and youthful enthusiasm.