Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Wondering if Jonas starts this one from the bench. He's had the longest journeys on international duty and it might be an excuse for Pardew to give someone else a start without rocking the boat too much.

Would be madness not to start him.

This will sound like I am making Spurs out to be some mega team but I am really not (although I do think they are very good) but if we get a point from this we will have done very bloody well.

It's not just because of their quality but the unbeaten run will be huge.

totally agree- it should keep us 4th going into wigan game

Wondering if Jonas starts this one from the bench. He's had the longest journeys on international duty and it might be an excuse for Pardew to give someone else a start without rocking the boat too much.

Madness? Surely you overstate your case before even making one.

He really doesn't. Games against the top six sides are where Jonas is most vital - he's a similar sort of player to Park for Man U and there's a reason why he's always one of the first names on their teamsheet in the bigger games.

Being rumoured that Adebayor will start and Lennon will be on the bench. 

Ade's tweeted  "Hi guys. Feeling much better and am pushing hard to be fit for the weekend. Have a good day".  If he does start and do the best part of 90 minutes then maybe Spurs will have a chance of getting their 5th win on the trot.  Without him, no chance imho.

Making the trip over for this one, and I've got a good feeling about it. Would be delighted if we can come away with a win, but still very happy with a point. Team morale and confidence needs to be preserved as much as possible ahead of our upcoming run of difficult games...

Left my ST on the kitchen bench last week and the dog nicked it and chewed it to shreds. My brother took it into the box office at lunch today and they had a new card done up for me in minutes :thup:

Ade's tweeted  "Hi guys. Feeling much better and am pushing hard to be fit for the weekend. Have a good day".  If he does start and do the best part of 90 minutes then maybe Spurs will have a chance of getting their 5th win on the trot.  Without him, no chance imho.

Give over.

Guest VaVaVoom

I actually agree with Logic.

If Jonas hadnt of been on international duty then aye, start him. I think this is a chance for Marveaux. I'd like to see him and Santon given a go together down the left.

He really doesn't. Games against the top six sides are where Jonas is most vital - he's a similar sort of player to Park for Man U and there's a reason why he's always one of the first names on their teamsheet in the bigger games.

Aye, if we're going to get anything from this game Jonas' defensive work and ball retention will be absolutely vital to us. Providing Santon is fit and plays at left back, I'd be tempted to switch him over to the right to help Simpson out vs Bale.

Give over.

I said a few pages back that without Adebayor Spurs would lose 1-0.  Just don't see us scoring a goal with the remaining strikers.

Have people forgotten he effectively scored the winner in the last match? :lol:

So what? It's not like if you score a goal you are a automatic starter in the next game?

Yeah - goals are so overrated these days anyways! [/big sam]

So what? It's not like if you score a goal you are a automatic starter in the next game?

Not always, but most of the time it means you'd be very unlucky to be dropped yeah.

Yeah - goals are so overrated these days anyways! [/big sam]

:lol: It's not like Jonas scores goals every week. Imo Marveaux will offer a lot more for us in the offensive part but Jonas' workrate are so important for us so i would still start him.