Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Just to be daft, this game might be one to give Mehdi Abeid a shot, since he seems to be impressing the reserves, and we need to at some point. How about

Krul

Santon    Saylor    Colo      Raylor

Abeid      Tiote

HBA              Cabaye            Guti

Ba

Think it'll end up too defensive actually but didn't Cabaye play there for his last club? Would like Abeid get some gametime if he is being lined up to replace Tiote when he's off at the ACN

I've a gut feeling that Pardew doesnt really rate Best "that" highly and I think he may use his performance today as the reason to drop him out of the line up next weekend.

I've a gut feeling that Pardew doesnt really rate Best "that" highly and I think he may use his performance today as the reason to drop him out of the line up next weekend.

Aye.

Ameobi and Ba it is then. :okay:

Like someone said, this could be our Blackpool last season. Fucking hope not! We're capable of hammering these guys, let's just hope the lads show up and get the job done.

Would like to see:

Krul

Santon  Saylor    Colo    Raylor

Marv      Yocabs  Tiote    Jonas

Barfa

Ba

Will probably be:

Krul

Simmo  Saylor  Colo  Raylor

Barfa    Yocabs  Tiote  Jonas

Best    Ba

Feels like we are spoilt for choice in terms of team selection at the minute. Would like to see Santon and Ben Arfa both get starts but then I understand Pardew's problem in dropping players who have been doing the business for us.

I think Ben Arfa could really do with a start but the problem is that in a game like this we should really be playing 4-4-2 with two proper strikers and Jonas is playing so well that we shouldn't drop him.

I'd go for:

Krul

Santon  Saylor  Colo  Raylor

Obertan  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Best    Ba

Aye if we get a win here and something off Everton it sets us up nicely, even if we get an absolute roasting in Manchester.

I don't think we will. Think we can surprise against both Manchester sides and also against Chelsea. Only after that it will start that the opposition teams will take us too serious.

Big bonus that all those 3 are playing in the CL and even Mancini will probably have to rest some players against us in order to not get a disaster in the CL. Don't have a clue if they are even playing in it before/after our game, though. :lol:

A bit OT, but you can bet your house on SAF playing a full strength team against us, only to rest players the game before or after against one of our rivals who will get something from the game. Classic SAF.

I would be tempted to rest Tiote for this one and give Gosling some game time, he's on his 3rd yellow already and we're going to need him for all of the games in November, plus it will do Gosling good if we want him up to speed when he replaces Tiote during the ANC.

First match of the season for me, nailed on shite performance.

I'll pretty disappointed if we don't win like (not because we're playing well but because Wigan are shit and self respecting team in the league should expect a victory at home to them)