Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

After listening to that Pardew interview it sounds to me like Ben Arfa is going to play on sat behind Ba. Have a feeling that Santon might come into give Simpson a rest what with Simpson's stuff with his baby. Also sounds like Obertan is going to be told to have a proper go at the right back and good to hear that he's got Marveaux very much in his plans.

:saylor:

Made some sort of audible noise when I saw this picture, the person next to me is confused. :lol:

Krul

Santon  Saylor    Coloccini  Raylor

Obertan  Cabaye  Tiote    Jonas

Benjamin Arfa

Ba

I'd start with that too and see how we go.

We've then got the option of bringing Best on for Obertan and playing him at the head of a 4-3-3 if it's not working out.

Krul

Santon  Saylor    Coloccini  Raylor

Obertan  Cabaye  Tiote    Jonas

Benjamin Arfa

Ba

I'd start with that too and see how we go.

We've then got the option of bringing Best on for Obertan and playing him at the head of a 4-3-3 if it's not working out.

Agree with these.

Yeah I think that's exactly what it will be too.

Complaceny is the danger here and AL Habsi having a barnstormer and it being "one of those days". I just can't see beyond that Wigan defence giving us some really good opportunities and if we put away a chance early then it will be really difficult for them.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has virtually a full squad to choose from ahead of tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash with Wigan.

Skipper Fabricio Coloccini has had a minor toe problem, but is expected to be fit, while Haris Vuckic (broken hand) and Alan Smith (hamstring) are available again.

Only central defender Mike Williamson, who has recovered from surgery on an arm fracture, but is now battling an ankle injury, remains on the sidelines.

Provisional squad: Krul, Elliot, Harper, Simpson, R. Taylor, Santon, Ferguson, Coloccini, S. Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Ben Arfa, Abeid, Vuckic, Smith, Ba, Best, Shola Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Sammy Ameobi.

Striker Hugo Rodallega is set for a return to the Wigan starting line-up after making his comeback from a knee injury as a substitute a week ago.

There could be changes elsewhere as Steve Gohouri had 45 minutes to forget out of position at left-back in the 3-1 defeat at home to Bolton.

That could signal a return for Maynor Figueroa, who was dropped to the bench at the weekend.

Provisional squad: Al Habsi, Boyce, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Watson, Diame, Moses, Gomez, McCarthy, Di Santo, Jones, Pollitt, Stam, Van Aanholt, McArthur, Lopez, Thomas, Sammon, Maloney, Crusat, Gohouri.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-vs-Wigan-team-news-Toon-close-to-full-strength-and-Hugo-Rodallega-to-return-for-Latics-article817230.html

Coloccini potentially out and Rodallega back, would be bad news if so.  Who would actually play CB if Coloccini was out?  I presume we'd move play Santon there?

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has virtually a full squad to choose from ahead of tomorrow's Barclays Premier League clash with Wigan.

Skipper Fabricio Coloccini has had a minor toe problem, but is expected to be fit, while Haris Vuckic (broken hand) and Alan Smith (hamstring) are available again.

Only central defender Mike Williamson, who has recovered from surgery on an arm fracture, but is now battling an ankle injury, remains on the sidelines.

Provisional squad: Krul, Elliot, Harper, Simpson, R. Taylor, Santon, Ferguson, Coloccini, S. Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Ben Arfa, Abeid, Vuckic, Smith, Ba, Best, Shola Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Sammy Ameobi.

Striker Hugo Rodallega is set for a return to the Wigan starting line-up after making his comeback from a knee injury as a substitute a week ago.

There could be changes elsewhere as Steve Gohouri had 45 minutes to forget out of position at left-back in the 3-1 defeat at home to Bolton.

That could signal a return for Maynor Figueroa, who was dropped to the bench at the weekend.

Provisional squad: Al Habsi, Boyce, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Watson, Diame, Moses, Gomez, McCarthy, Di Santo, Jones, Pollitt, Stam, Van Aanholt, McArthur, Lopez, Thomas, Sammon, Maloney, Crusat, Gohouri.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-vs-Wigan-team-news-Toon-close-to-full-strength-and-Hugo-Rodallega-to-return-for-Latics-article817230.html

Coloccini potentially out and Rodallega back, would be bad news if so.  Who would actually play CB if Coloccini was out?  I presume we'd move play Santon there?

Colo will play even if he is in a wheelchair.