Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Worth giving anyone a rest?

Wigan are probably the worst side in the league at the moment.

Krul

Santon Saylor Colo Raylor

Tiote Cabaye

Marveaux  HBA  Jonas

Ba

Bench:

Best

Shameobi

Obertan

Gosling

Simpson

Harper

Ferguson

this,  or

Krul

Santon  Saylor    Colo    Raylor

HBA      Tiote    Cabaye  Jonas

Best/Shola  Ba

While I would love to see Marveux and Ben Arfa in the starting eleven, the most important change is to get Santon in there ASAP. For me, Taylor is the one that makes room for him, a lot of people on here disagrees with that, but in the end, it doesn't matter all that much who he replaces, as long as he replaces one of our full backs.

Can't help but feel that our left hand side would be fucking lethal with Santon and Jonas there, and when we eventually have Ben Arfa, Marveux and Ba in the side as well, we'll have too many attacking options for our opponents to be able to double up on Santon and Jonas.

Need to find a new flat before the weekend so I can travel up for this, otherwise I'll have to have viewings.

Usually I'd be posting that this could be a potential slip up, but the way we're playing at the moment I'm relatively confident of a win. Would start HBA then take him off after 60mins if he needs it.

Krul

Santon    Taylor    Coloccini      Taylor

Tiote

Cabaye

Obertan                                    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

The only other possibility is Pardew naming an unchanged side again but i can't help feeling that he will bring Santon and Ben Arfa in to this one.

Wigan are absolute toss, probably going to be the worst team to play at SJP this season, so i expect a comfortable win.

I'll go 4-1

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Mr Neil Swarbrick from Preston is the ref of #nufc v errr #wigan

(whoever he is)

Give or take about 5 miles, it's like a Geordie refereeing a Sunderland match.

Wigan are shocking at the back but not the worst going forward. I expect a few goals but i think we will out score them. 3:1 to us atleast

Reading their forum apparently they're shambolic at the back, lack physicality and creativity in midfield and can't score goals.  :lol:

Genuine mass suicide on the cards it seems, so if we lose I'll be mortified.