On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

Was in Chinatown having dinner. Found out when I was browsing N-O! My dad was pretty happy too as he won £200 from the bookies (he put a bet on KK becoming the next NUFC manager when Allardyce was sacked, 25-1 iirc).

• 3 weeks later...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41295000/jpg/_41295548_shearer270.jpg

7 years ago today.  :yikes:

I was thinking yesterday about how the Chelsea game is potentially so similar to this one. Was a massive turning point as we were almost definitely going down with Souness until we shipped him out.

Exactly a year ago I traveled to Australia and at the same time we were playing Chelsea. 3-0 down at Stamford Bridge only to come back and score three times in the last half an hour to get a draw. Great game. Great day.

Today is 4-4 day.

The best thing that happened that day was Arsenal getting a fourth before half time. That's when it went from embarrassment to farce and the atmosphere went from one that was pretty poisonous to a bit of a carnival.

Aye.  It was before we all got shipped out of level 7 so my seat was still up there.  0-4 down singing 'were gona win 5-4' to the Arse fans who (not surprisingly) looked amused and had a good laugh at us.  Massive celebrations even after the 1st, the Arsenal players looking absolutely terrified by the noise after the 3rd :smitten: The whole 2 blocks closest to their fans surged towards them after the 4th, ended up in the next block along then, The Blaydon Races in full flow all round the stadium not just pockets of it.

Never had an atmosphere like that since.

i remember being worried that dariusz djackenowski (?) would do us that day. also was talking to an an old bristolian in the pineapple afterwards, said we had nothing to beat that day but keegan and us were the perfect match.

Today is 4-4 day.

The best thing that happened that day was Arsenal getting a fourth before half time. That's when it went from embarrassment to farce and the atmosphere went from one that was pretty poisonous to a bit of a carnival.

Probably best day as home fan, even better than the mackems 5-1.

The turn around from thinking "why am i still here? I must only be here out of duty, not enjoyment" in the first half, to a bizzare belief in the second half that we were actually going to do it.  The euphoria when Tiote scored, I've been part of some great celebrations but that Tiote goal had this added element of WHAAAT THE FUUUCK!

Kevin Keegans :smitten: 1st Match in charge as he returned to Manage us.  Bristol City h- 3-0 .

Start of a peroid thats been the best in 40 years for me. :)

Yes, the change in the atmosphere from the last home game was unbelievable and we had a full stadium...at that time the ground could only hold 29,000 safely....

The whole ground humming as he walked out and waved to the fans before the game started and the buzz that he had obviously created among the players.

Fantastic when the final whistle blew, we had won 3-0 and the ground chanting 'Kee-gan, Kee-gan'....

I'm not a person who is over-emotional, but I did have tears in my eyes at the sight and sound of it all.

You just KNEW that if he kept us up - and it WAS a tough ask - we would go from strength to strength - it was the start of the best 5 years I have seen since I began going to games in the 60s.

• 4 weeks later...