On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/22/article-0-01580C3C00000578-526_468x286.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV5YiMmcgJboB_-6NSbI-9sUFgeazRgT8KNF0w4RNncJzYoUu5Xg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/05/22/JohnTerryPAMartinRickett3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2005 Hamburg defender Daniel Van Buyten spoke to journalists about the possibility of him moving to Tyneside after a £3.4m bid was lodged by United:   

"I have spoken to Graeme Souness and he said that he wants me and five or six others.

"He said that he wants to rebuild and that next season Newcastle are going for the Champions League at least. He also said that Newcastle will even try for the Premier League title.

"He told me that I will play alongside Jean-Alain Boumsong and that Boumsong already knows.

"I do not know yet if I will even leave Hamburg but they are not in Europe next season and I want to play in the Champions League, that is my ambition."

:yao:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

25 years ago today, Holland won the '88 Euros and Van Basten scored THAT goal.. :smitten:

Probably my best childhood memory..

I went to that tournament, thoroughly expecting an England triumph as we hadn't lost since the 86 World Cup. :kurt:

Partizan was probably the first truly, utterly heartbreaking moment for me where Newcastle is concerned. Vaguely recall being very upset when Wolves beat us 3-2 in that FA Cup 'classic', but nothing really compared to Partizan.

Partizan was probably the first truly, utterly heartbreaking moment for me where Newcastle is concerned. Vaguely recall being very upset when Wolves beat us 3-2 in that FA Cup 'classic', but nothing really compared to Partizan.

I was listening on the radio, it was horrid and it was the last week of the school holidays, bad news after bad news.

Told this story a million times but I was on holiday on the Costa Del Sol. There was a sentence amongst the Brum 0-1 match report saying we'd "crashed out of Europe in midweek". Just awful. Awful awful. I actually have a picture somewhere of about five minutes after I found out, really grumpily walking around a marina.

Told this story a million times but I was on holiday on the Costa Del Sol. There was a sentence amongst the Brum 0-1 match report saying we'd "crashed out of Europe in midweek". Just awful. Awful awful. I actually have a picture somewhere of about five minutes after I found out, really grumpily walking around a marina.

Tis literally just after as well:

http://s21.postimg.org/5phuml393/post_part.jpg

Seething. :lol: