Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

Fair enough having a go at the ref but I'm not so sure it matters that he was a league one ref. Premiership refs make terrible calls all the time.

The standard of PL refs is clearly better though. No-one's saying any referee is perfect, but cast your mind back to the fuckwits that refereed a lot of our Championship fixtures - some of them were absolutely useless, not just with big decisions, but with basically every call they had to make.

There's a reason we have PL refs and League 1 refs - because the ones in the PL are deemed the best we have and the ones in League 1 are deemed to be not as good/experienced as the PL ones.

Guest Heneage

Accusations of racist chanting/songs from our fans last night...

Anyone hear any of this? Shame if true.

I sometimes wonder if you go looking for these bad stories.

Shame.

Didn't hear any on the right hand side (even from the mentalists who were very loud ... lots of 'cunts' and other loud comments but nothing racist). The police were videoing and photographing a lot of stuff so I'd guess they were on to something.

On another note ... nice to see such large Asian support (including the staff) given it's not exactly well known in football ... Blackburn may be a shithole (and that's also how it's though of here in the NW as well as loudly by our fans) but there's still something vaguely real about it in the age of sterile stadia (even to the point of old-fashioned obscured views behind girders). It's one of those NW B's that all involve descending into dark smoke-filled valleys.

Appeared on my twitter timeline.

"More tales of #nufc fans being ignorant idiots coming in last night. Needs to be addressed. Racism, islamophobia. Disgusting."

"I confronted kids last night acting the idiot. Trouble is police & stewards inept."

"Question for #nufc fans; who do you think represents our city in a more positive way; pissed racists at Blackburn or @OccupyNewcastle????"

Appeared on my twitter timeline.

"More tales of #nufc fans being ignorant idiots coming in last night. Needs to be addressed. Racism, islamophobia. Disgusting."

"I confronted kids last night acting the idiot. Trouble is police & stewards inept."

"Question for #nufc fans; who do you think represents our city in a more positive way; p*ssed racists at Blackburn or @OccupyNewcastle????"

I did not hear any racist chanting; in fact we even got over the "your support is fucking shit" shit in the second half to actually get behind the team. I was in Row 30 in the middle of the stand fwiw.

I did not hear any racist chanting; in fact we even got over the "your support is f***ing s***" s*** in the second half to actually get behind the team. I was in Row 30 in the middle of the stand fwiw.

So was I  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:  :lol:

In hindsight the biggest positive to come from this is that it should give us a massive kick up the arse. We've not been good enough in our last two outings.

On a completely unrelated noted I'm tired of hearing the 'unbeaten run is over' line. Was anyone actually counting games against Scunthorpe and Forest in the League Cup?