Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

How was Marveaux?

Anonymous and little forward thrust (rather like everyone in the first half - like watching 'statues' played at school) ... Obertan - a lot of forward thrust and then often awful decisions (but at least he didn't overrun the ball like everyone else did) ... just never released it when he should have (including a run from one side of the box to the other when there were four players in the box no more than six feet away he could have slipped it to ... even a school kid would have made the pass).

We've got a few decent penny takers in the squad like. Lovenkrands, Shola, Guthrie all decent from the spot. I do wonder who the natural taker in the first team is, though. If we ever fucking get one in the league, anyway...

We've got a few decent penny takers in the squad like. Lovenkrands, Shola, Guthrie all decent from the spot. I do wonder who the natural taker in the first team is, though. If we ever f***ing get one in the league, anyway...

thats came up in the pub every home game this season when shola hasn't been a starter.

Impressed with Ba tonight, up top on his own against Samba most of the night and chased everything. Coming away from the ground it didn't really feel like a defeat. Was much happier losing like that than heading home after a boring 2-0 loss.

Just got back, I really don't know what to say about one of the most bizzare matches I've ever seen so I'll just say that the bedlam when Cabaye's free-kick went in was extraordinary, I don't think anybody had stopped celebrating until well after the final whistle had gone!

Just got back, I really don't know what to say about one of the most bizzare matches I've ever seen so I'll just say that the bedlam when Cabaye's free-kick went in was extraordinary, I don't think anybody had stopped celebrating until well after the final whistle had gone!

I was hugged by a big fat sociopath and his friend fell backwards over the seats and squashed my daughter ... was kind of a weird moment.

It was fucking class. Think I hugged about five or six different people and nearly ended up falling down a few rows of seats. :lol:

Sounds like it was a crazy game. How did we play?

We weren't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, yet still were the better of the two teams and still should have won. We created a lot of chances, good ones at that, but didn't put them away. Didn't feel like we controlled the game yet the possession stats suggest otherwise. When we lost the ball they tried to break on us which worked a few times so that's probably why it didn't feel like we were in control.

Individually, thought there were some good performances and some positives to take. Ba was superb up top on his own, got the better of Samba on more than one occasion and should have had at least one goal. Also drew the 'foul' from Samba that wasn't given as a pen. Ran his bollocks off all night too. Santon looked good, played much better at right back than left back though. Lovenkrands did well from the bench too; wouldn't have a problem with him coming on for the final 20 minutes or so at Stoke after this performance as he should be able to get in behind their defence, something which we looked to do fairly often tonight and it worked to decent effect. Simpson and Perch were woeful but that isn't surprising. Colo had a massive go at Simpson on more than one occasion, even Perch had a go at him at one point. Think it's been mentioned but there was an attack from Blackburn where they both just backed off and pointed at the man with the ball instead of taking responsibility for marking the man.

Not sure how much it's been mentioned but we had very good shouts for two or three pens and a couple more that I'd want to see again before judging. The ref was an absolute joke and so far out of his depth it was unbelievable. Pardew and the rest of the coaching staff were going mental at various points throughout the second half in particular, with Pardew ending up on the pitch at one point. Never heard a louder rendition of 'you're not fit to referee' either.

Simpson and Perch were woeful but that isn't surprising. Colo had a massive go at Simpson on more than one occasion, even Perch had a go at him at one point. Think it's been mentioned but there was an attack from Blackburn where they both just backed off and pointed at the man with the ball instead of taking responsibility for marking the man.

Perch and Simpson presumably?

Simpson.

Or did he just wave his arms, point and shout at him like normal?

That sums up what Simpson did a lot of the match actually. :lol: It's becoming such a regular thing now it's getting boring, he needs removing from the side before someone gets so fed up of him they do actually lamp him.

Simpson and Perch were woeful but that isn't surprising. Colo had a massive go at Simpson on more than one occasion, even Perch had a go at him at one point. Think it's been mentioned but there was an attack from Blackburn where they both just backed off and pointed at the man with the ball instead of taking responsibility for marking the man.

Perch and Simpson presumably?

Aye.