Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

town full of..... begins with p is 5 letters long and ends on s

It would have been much easier to type Pakis, it's not as if you're using it against anybody on here.

easier to do 5 full stops i think  :bluestar:

We're not Liverpool here. No excessive use of full stops.

Went to Leicester a few year back on one of the busses that left from central station... Absolutely deafening rendition of "town full of pakis" from the majority on the bus. Was pretty much a regular thing at the midland games while pulling into the towns / areas around the stadiums on various buses I've used.

Never really heard it in the stadiums while I've been going mind.

These school holiday away games do tend to bring out the knackas mind.

It would have been much easier to type Pakis, it's not as if you're using it against anybody on here.

It would of been but I was at work and they monitor the internet access, me typing Paki whilst using their systems might of been a bit dodgy if they were checking what I'd been doing. Would rather cover myself than end up in the s*** with them no matter what context it was going to be used. People have been sacked for less.

It would of been but I was at work and they monitor the internet access, me typing Paki whilst using their systems might of been a bit dodgy if they were checking what I'd been doing. Would rather cover myself than end up in the s*** with them no matter what context it was going to be used. People have been sacked for less.

they wouldn't mind you browsing the forum?

Post match reaction from Blackburn forum:

"Nothing in their shout, as Samba's reaction suggested. He clearly felt Ba dived, but to be fair, I thought he just slipped. And the only controversy about our penalty was that the goalkeeper wasn't sent off - some may say it was because Rochina knocked the ball away from goal, but he only did that because Krul had charged out to make an illegal challenge. If the goalie plays fairly, Rochina has a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I'd imagine a section of our fans would be screaming that Pardew is deluded after his post match comments. He said something about them not deserving to lose over 90 minutes, yet their first shot on target was Guthrie's long range effort 3 minutes into stoppage time. I think Bunn made one save, which was just before their penalty. And they may have seen more of the ball, but they were poor with it. We looked more threatening.

And finally, the time-keeping was strange. I've no idea where 5 minutes came from at the end of normal time - there were 6 subs, but no other hold ups. I only remember the physio coming on for Krul in the last half of extra time. And then I reckon the ref forgot to look at his watch in the first period of extra time. No additional minutes were signalled, yet their goal is recorded in the 18th minute of the half. I know some of that time is because of the dispute over the penalty decision (I've a hunch that their player was offside whether he was fouled or not), but I think the ref didn't give it because he realised he'd made a mistake and played on too long.

No matter, in the end."

Post match reaction from Blackburn forum:

"Nothing in their shout, as Samba's reaction suggested. He clearly felt Ba dived, but to be fair, I thought he just slipped. And the only controversy about our penalty was that the goalkeeper wasn't sent off - some may say it was because Rochina knocked the ball away from goal, but he only did that because Krul had charged out to make an illegal challenge. If the goalie plays fairly, Rochina has a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I'd imagine a section of our fans would be screaming that Pardew is deluded after his post match comments. He said something about them not deserving to lose over 90 minutes, yet their first shot on target was Guthrie's long range effort 3 minutes into stoppage time. I think Bunn made one save, which was just before their penalty. And they may have seen more of the ball, but they were poor with it. We looked more threatening.

And finally, the time-keeping was strange. I've no idea where 5 minutes came from at the end of normal time - there were 6 subs, but no other hold ups. I only remember the physio coming on for Krul in the last half of extra time. And then I reckon the ref forgot to look at his watch in the first period of extra time. No additional minutes were signalled, yet their goal is recorded in the 18th minute of the half. I know some of that time is because of the dispute over the penalty decision (I've a hunch that their player was offside whether he was fouled or not), but I think the ref didn't give it because he realised he'd made a mistake and played on too long.

No matter, in the end."

Outstanding bullshit in that.

Krul vs Rochina = never a fucking penalty after watching replays. Krul wins the ball, and puts it into touch. 

Ba = one of the most blatant penalties I have ever witnessed not given, then for those cunts to break and get that other one awarded was a fucking joke.

2 other handballs some of the most basketball type action I've ever seen too.

Flukey pissing deflection from that cunt Pederson.

Off 'fucking' side for Givet at the end.

All in all, fuck you Blackburn.

Still no idea where 7minutes of additonal time came from mind.

Thought this match analysis seemed pretty balanced from that Rovers forum, pretty long like:

I went to the game. Me and about 15 others!! Sad to see the turnout from the Rovers fans, but totally understand why, as I hummed and hawed myself about going.

On balance I think we deserved this win, although it was a very close run affair. We scored early and it settled us down and then as the game ebbed and flawed a pivotal moment so the barcodes denied a penalty and in the resulting play following that decision, Rovers were awarded a penalty at the BBE. Big difference 1-1, or 2-0 of course.

Two great strikes from Newcastle brought them level, a deflected goal from an excellent strike took us one up and a rather soft penalty brought them level yet again. Meanwhile MGP, Samba and Givet then combined to send us home happy for once.

Star Players for me; Samba (2nd half especially) - Givet throughout, Olsson and Lowe. MGP did very well also, scored and was involved in the last goal and Pet was much improved. Junior had a rather quiet game by his standards, Yakubu was a bit frustrating and somewhat stationery at times but scored well and somewhat cheekily from the penalty spot, Rochina looked very tidy, worked hard and also scored, but continued to give the ball away cheaply in dangerous areas at times, whilst Goodwillie worked very hard but was totally ineffective again. He wasn't helped however by sloppy final balls when he had taken up good positions, but is lacking that yard of pace required by strikers at this level and I doubt he will start ahead of others in bigger matches.

All in all a very good work-out and very good result and some very good performances across the team. I was very pleased to see Kean playing such a strong starting line up and although the extra time will have been very tiring, you could see the elation on the players faces at the end and I think the win, feel good factor and confidence gained will be worth more going to Norwich than a few sore and tired limbs. However, our confidence is hugely fragile and I would not be suprised if it dissipates quickly should things not go to plan at Norwich. I still believe we will lose at Norwich in the league.

Frustratingly we again conceded two at home in normal time (ish) and three in total throughout. It is hard to guess where the next clean sheet is coming from. PLeasingly we scored four, Kean set us up as I hoped from the outset and I thought the substitutions were timely and made sense. RTT mentions a reason or two why bringing Hanley on was a good idea and the other reason I was happy to see him come on was that Amoebi was having some fun with a tiring Lowe at right back and was always going tpo be a threat at the back post. Hanley was closer to him in height and it prevented Newcastle targeting Amoebia in the air.

Credit to the amazing Newcastle fans! Definately amongst the most passionate fans in the country and pleasant and well behaved afterwards when chatting about the game.

This made me chuckle though:

Very pleased we won, sadly couldn't make it to the game. Caught the highlights and although I was initially fuming to see we'd let in 3 goals, from what I saw we fully deserved to win.

How someone can watch the 2 minute highlights and come to that opinion is beyond me :lol:

Steve Kean is quickly becoming one of my most hated managers in the PL. Deluded as f***.

It's just watching his rat features when he talks that winds me up.  Add to the fact he talks utter shite and just lies all the time I dislike him even more.

Steve Kean is quickly becoming one of my most hated managers in the PL. Deluded as f***.

Same

I can't believe that he thinks what he says is true.  In the summer when they sold Jones as they weren't YET ready for CL football. Laughable stuff

Guest Heneage

You can see why he is compared to David Brent, his media handling is atrocious. The fact he's so vocal on the rare occasion they win a game doesn't help him either.

I can see them going down.

Same

I can't believe that he thinks what he says is true.  In the summer when they sold Jones as they weren't YET ready for CL football. Laughable stuff

He reminds me of a con-man off some TV soap. :lol: