Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

I'm struggling to care tbh, no doubt if I was at the match i'd feel differantly like. 'Blessing in disguise' is probably too far, but we realy havn't got the squad for a cup run, as much as I would like one.

Don't really understand this, a run in one of the cups is only one extra game every couple of weeks. It's not like we're in Europe as well.

To think the Ba incident and Krul's tackle were in the same passage of play, too. :lol:

Whoever decided to give Brum/Leeds a Premiership ref, and us this League 1 clogger, needs stringing up.

nah, Brum/Leeds shouldn't be denied the chance of a decent ref tbh, it is disgusting that the "big 6" were given Premiership refs though, and we were handed this buffoon.

I'm struggling to care tbh, no doubt if I was at the match i'd feel differantly like. 'Blessing in disguise' is probably too far, but we realy havn't got the squad for a cup run, as much as I would like one.

Don't really understand this, a run in one of the cups is only one extra game every couple of weeks. It's not like we're in Europe as well.

I'm just worried about injuries, 1 extra game a week is 1 extra game in which one of the core team fucks his cruciate or gets sent off (ala Tiote).

I realise it isn't THAT likely, I just always worry on a cup day.

He got the decisions for both incidents wrong but there's certainly a defence for him. On first viewing it looked to me like Krul played nothing but the man. It also looks like Ba slips over. He should've gone down earlier.

The photographs prove he got them horribly wrong, like.

As a few people have said the highlights don't even show the blatant handball (from Marveaux's shot I think), that was a penalty all day long.  The ref was woeful throughout the whole game anyway, was like being back in the Championship, the amount of elbows, pushes etc. that he missed was embarrassing.

First half we were rubbish, improved in the second half but still didn't do a lot until the goals.  Guthrie's goal was quality and he was probably our best player all game. Simpson was poor, Perch was a little shaky but had spells when he was quite comfortable.  Cabaye and Jonas were quiet but looked knackered, especially Jonas.  Marveaux was up there with our better players and was unlucky to be subbed but I guess Jonas had the upper hand in that he can also fill in in defence.  Sammy was class for the first 15 mins that he came on then quietened down and Lovenkrands did well and battled hard when he came on.  Ba played quite well all game and put a lot of work in.

Ben Arfa was pretty much anonymous all game but didn't go in a huff, you could see after some of his mis-controls that he looked gutted.  He kept getting the ball back in play after it went out, putting it in the six yard box for goal kicks etc. this was pretty much his only contribution but I guess it was his way of showing he gave a damn.  There's little bits of evidence from Spurs and Wigan that in time he'll get better and better, I just hope Pardew gives him the time to improve.

I don't think the ref was biased mind, he was just a complete shambles. Some of the decisions in terms of freekicks to both sides were mental.

I certainly thought the same (a few more against us than for but there were ones on both sides that were really poor in both positive / negative senses). I was sitting about 18 feet from the hauling down and it was obvious enough (if only from the 'sack of potatoes' way Ba went down).