Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

I'm still confused how the penalty wasn't given, he grabs a hold of his hand and yanks him down.

That wasn't even the most blatant penalty appeal of the night which says a lot about the ref.

Guest Geordiesned

Not long back. What highlights were shown? Any of our penalty appeals?

2 clear pens turned down for a handball and Samba's rugby tackle on Ba and a possible 3rd.

The ref was so far out of his depth it was unbelievable.

Guest Geordiesned

Blackburn have some smarmy cunts in their team. What the fuck was Olsson doing after their first goal? What a prick.

Pedersen too. Would pay money to punch him.

When that bottle was thrown on from our end after their first goal I was thinking "which fucking knacker threw that?"

Then when Pedersen picked it up to show the ref and turned to the away end to wag his finger I wished I'd had a bottle myself to launch at his head! :lol:

Thanks for the report Ash

Sorry if someone else has posted it but

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9376/vlcsnap2011102714h51m48.png

That's clearly a fair challenge.

Only saw the highlights and we looked unlucky with the above and the deflected free kick they scored. The last looked borderline onside. The defending on their first was woeful mind.

Another chance goes begging. More gutted than normal seeing how our results have been going.

We weren't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, yet still were the better of the two teams and still should have won

And yet against Wigan we didn't play that well and still got the three points, that's just the way things go.

Blackburn are still royally in the shit make no mistake. Their manager is desperately clinging on but I don't for one minute by his constant bleating as it's becoming tedious now. Would enjoy seeing Norwich have them at home and see the misery continue :lol:

I've lost my voice  :razz:

Was an incredible game though. The celebrations from Cabaye's goal were just crazy. The two people who were sitting infront of us had left in the 90th minute and when Cabaye scored a group of lads behind us just jumped over us and into that row, all pushing themselves over, no idea how none of them didn't break their back  :lol:

Referee's performance was shocking as mentioned, think we got the softest penalty out of the 3 that we could have had and it was actually the linesman that gave it!

Just me? Or should we if we're still in a very good position do everything possible to get Samba to this team? The man is a fucking beast and the ideal partner to Colo.

How big can a human being get, seriously. That man is a fucking monster, and fact that Blackburn got him for £450,000 is such a joke and such a deal I'm jealous. A bit like Cabaye at £4,5 :p.

Will get laughed at here, but assuming he was fit to play,  I think we should have had Besty in the squad last night.  In his last two games against him, he's dominated Samba in the air and would be a useful player to have when we needed to go direct.  Not scored in 3 or 4 games now and will be desperate to net one.  Don't get me wrong, I like Ba, but for his size I think he's mediocre in the air and he's not actually that strong.  Maybe him and Best, or Best on for Ba later in the game would have been wise?

Will get laughed at here, but assuming he was fit to play,  I think we should have had Besty in the squad last night.  In his last two games against him, he's dominated Samba in the air and would be a useful player to have when we needed to go direct.  Not scored in 3 or 4 games now and will be desperate to net one.  Don't get me wrong, I like Ba, but for his size I think he's mediocre in the air and he's not actually that strong.  Maybe him and Best, or Best on for Ba later in the game would have been wise?

Ba is strong as an oxe, and although he doesn't seem to win many headers in the air, he wins them when it means the most. But I do get your point. Best instead of Loven ;)

The highlights failed to show the two blatant hand balls like.

Apart from the 'big' calls the referee was also appalling with the 'smaller' decisions giving everything Blackburn's way. I think i can only count 3 or 4 FK's we got in the first 90 minutes.

Here's my scores anyway:

Krul 7

Simpson 5

Colo 7

Perch 4

Santon 6

Marveux 6

Cabaye 6

Guthrie 7

Jonas 8

Ben Araf 6

Ba 8

Loven 7

Sa. Ameboi 7  Was extremely p***ed off that Ameobi was the only player creating anythign in the second half

Obertan 6

Guest johnson293

I'm going to guess the BBC coverage or lack of it had something to do with how late the game finished rather than an anti-NUFC agenda.

The footage of the match and post match interviews (word for word) was identical on both BBC and SSN this morning, so guessing only one set of cameras at the ground, and no real 'commentator'. Doubt they expected such an exciting, incident filled match.