Sky Football Commentary

Dogmatix

For those who missed Gary Birtles against Fulham, he just spent the whole first half advocating long ball and getting balls in the box and moaning about NUFC not playing long ball, and the only thing he would say about Fulham is that the strip is shit. Then we scored, and he said it was because we put the ball in the box.

Don Goodman hates us.

Tbh, I don't think I've ever listened to a game where he has commentated on us.

He commentated on some of our championship games and slipped in snide remarks. He's a bit like Mark Bright, but not as much of a cunt. :thup:

Disagree. I thought he was more than fair when he commentated on us in the CCC especially given his mackem tendancies.

Craig Burley is the worst ever, he hates us too. Birtles is shite. Not really too offended by anyone else.

Gary Neville, i'll be honest here, i wanted to dislike him but he's quite good. I wish he say "i think" a bit less though.

The one who does Serie A on ESPN is great but I've no idea who it is. The rest are pretty much shite.

Tyler used to be good, his peak was about 20 years on Sampdoria Inter but that was one of the best games ever.

They're miles ahead of any of the idiots on BBC or ITV in terms of football and overall sports coverage. People complain about Sky getting rights to sporting events, but they get them because they're better than anyone else, the Cricket commentary/punditry team in particular are very good. Sky don't do anything spectacular but they do it to a good standard, whereas the BBC always just seems amateur (with the exception of F1) and ITV always seem to manage to cock it up (see Eng v USA and Everton v Liverpool FA Cup)

They're miles ahead of any of the idiots on BBC or ITV in terms of football and overall sports coverage. People complain about Sky getting rights to sporting events, but they get them because they're better than anyone else, the Cricket commentary/punditry team in particular are very good. Sky don't do anything spectacular but they do it to a good standard, whereas the BBC always just seems amateur (with the exception of F1) and ITV always seem to manage to cock it up (see Eng v USA and Everton v Liverpool FA Cup)

:sadnod:

Edit: they get them because they pay more, though.

They get them because they pay more money, and they're less 'amateurish' because they've got more money. If they all paid the same the sporting bodies would go with the channels that have the biggest audience.

:sadnod:

Edit: they get them because they pay more, though.

True, money obviously directly affects the quality of the product as gggg said.

They should only have pundits for shows where there's time to kill. Like live matches. And even then it can get tedious.

Have Lineker quickly introduce the segments and be done with the rest.

There's plenty of money involved in MoTD but it suffers from the "old boys club" syndrome.

Linekar, Hansen & Dixon are pretty good at what they do. Shearer & Keown are particularly terrible.

Not Lee Dixon surely. His 'analysis' of games usually revolves around 'he gets the ball in midfield, plays it out wide. The winger runs with the ball down the wing, crossed it in and the striker is there to put it in the net'. Yeah, thanks for that Lee, you are aware that you are on TV and we can see what's just happened!

Used to love the commentator for Serie A when it was on channel 4, he was on MOTD for a bit too. Must have replaced him with that woman commentator  :dave:

I've always liked Don Goodman on Sky. Only does the Football League though I think.

Although I have to say, anyone is better than Andy Gray  :razz:

I hate Jon Goodman, I always though he was uber biased against us. Maybe just me?

Craig Burley was a cock, I used to be like a raving lunatic shouting at his commentary. Pisshead!