Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Is there any news on Obertan? Think him making it could be important, lets us play a bit deeper and hit fast on the break.

Don't think he'll be back for this or Man U next week. The Chelsea game is his realistic target.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What I'm envisaging is this:

Krul

Simpson Colo Saylor Raylor

Tiote

Cabaye        Guthrie

Ba                            Jonas

Best

This line up of course depends on Best being fit enough (which seems to be the case judging from Carver's (?) comments).

:thup:

Good news.

What I'm envisaging is this:

Krul

Simpson Colo Saylor Raylor

Tiote

Cabaye        Guthrie

Ba                            Jonas

Best

This line up of course depends on Best being fit enough (which seems to be the case judging from Carver's (?) comments).

:thup:

Good news.

Im expecting those players to start, however I doubt Pardew will shift from the current 4-4-2.

pardew would be a complete dick to play 442 vs city IMnotsohumbleOpinion.  However injuries might force his hand....atmo we have no real attacking right sided midfielder (am guessing marveaux is not fit)

It would be criminal to see gosling/guthrie/lovenkrands start on rightin 442 vs city  =automatic lose

I would go with some sort of 451/433 if it was me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew stick with the formation that has brought him success so far. All he'll do is tweak the individual instructions to players (i.e. Ba will be told to drift wide and help out in defence etc).

Let's face it, we will probably lose to Man City anyway, you might argue that we may as well not mess with the system too much.

pardew would be a complete dick to play 442 vs city IMnotsohumbleOpinion.  However injuries might force his hand....atmo we have no real attacking right sided midfielder (am guessing marveaux is not fit)

It would be criminal to see gosling/guthrie/lovenkrands start on rightin 442 vs city  =automatic lose

I'd rather we didn't play 4-4-2 too, but why would it be 'criminal' to see Gosling on the right?

I would go with some sort of 451/433 if it was me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew stick with the formation that has brought him success so far. All he'll do is tweak the individual instructions to players (i.e. Ba will be told to drift wide and help out in defence etc).

Let's face it, we will probably lose to Man City anyway, you might argue that we may as well not mess with the system too much.

Can definitely see this happening actually.

I'd rather we didn't play 4-4-2 too, but why would it be 'criminal' to see Gosling on the right?

:serious:

Couldn't have played them at a better time tbh. The majority of their squad are on international duty and have played. Aguero,Silva and Zabeleta all have to make it back from South/Central America. They have an important game coming up next week in the Champions league.

Only Cabaye and Ba are the only first teamers who have played any minutes during this week so we should be a lot more fresher.

I think the game will be very tight.

Ba didn't even play tonight(?), their game against Ivory Coast was cancelled. Dunno if they had another fixture in the break mind.

I think he played on Saturday.

Anyhow , i found this :

No fewer than 19 of City’s senior squad have joined up with their national teams during the current international break.

Though some have only had to travel a short distance, several have flown thousands of miles to hook up with their country for either qualifying games or friendly matches.

Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta have the longest journey as they travel back to South America for Argentina’s World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Colombia.

By contrast, Adam Johnson, Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott, James Milner and Gareth Barry have two home friendlies at Wembley Stadium – one against Spain and the other against Sweden.

David Silva only has to travel to Wembley, too – at least initially – for the England v Spain clash. In what seems like an odd decision, the Spaniards will then make the gruelling trek to Central America to face Costa Rica in another friendly.

Aleks Kolarov is also in Central America for Serbia’s two friendlies with Honduras and Mexico.

Arguably, the two most important games of the next ten days are the Euro 12 play-offs which will see the final four teams take their place at next summer’s tournament.

Edin Dzeko will feature in Bosnia and Herzegovina’s two-legged tie with Portugal, while Stefan Savic’s Montenegro will do battle with the Czech Republic.

Mario Balotelli should feature for Italy in their games with Poland and Uruguay while Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy may play for France in their matches with USA and Belgium – the latter should see them facing team-mate Vincent Kompany (and City’s skipper could in turn face Costel Pantilimon in a friendly with Romania!).

Kolo and Yaya Toure have flown to South Africa where they will play in a friendly for the Ivory Coast and if fit, Nigel de Jong won’t have quite as far to travel as Holland play host to Switzerland and then travel a short distance to Germany.

That is a ridiculous amount of call-ups and travelling IYAM. Any news on Nasri ?

We should be tight as we have been wouldn't mind seeing a

Krul

Simspon      Saylor    Colo    Raylor

Tiote      Cabaye

Guthrie

Ba                                      Guti

Best (if fit)

Defensive, packing the midfield, best to counter Silva, hit them on the break, would prefer Marveaux or even Obertan for a fast outlet but since both are injured, might as well ask Ba to do that in a fairly free role, he'll be involved on counter, Guthrie asked to help him out defensively.

Ba didn't even play tonight(?), their game against Ivory Coast was cancelled. Dunno if they had another fixture in the break mind.

technical problems to the flight apparently got the game cancelled.

anyhoo......don't think pardew will alter the 4-4-2 but for me.........

krul                                       

simpson      colo      s taylor    r taylor

jonas    cabaye    tiote  guthrie  ben arfa

ba

ben arfa and jonas to support  ba a lot, guthrie to really help out ben arfa/r taylor defensivly.