Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Guest VaVaVoom

I think the next three games is where we are really going to see how AP uses the squad and if he does so correctly.

I know Best and Ba have done well but for me its these kinda games where we need the likes of Barfa's magic.

I personally would go with...

---Krul---

Simpson---Saylor---Coloccini---Raylor

Guthrie---Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

---Barfa---

---Ba---

That could change into more like a 433 with Barfa and Jonas supporting Ba when on the attack and a 451 when in defence.

Could even put Raylor at RM and Santon at LB but i think Guthrie deserves a place in the starting 11, plus if Santon got ripped a new hole in his 1st league start that might knock the lad for six.

I think the next three games is where we are really going to see how AP uses the squad and if he does so correctly.

I know Best and Ba have done well but for me its these kinda games where we need the likes of Barfa's magic.

I personally would go with...

---Krul---

Simpson---Saylor---Coloccini---Raylor

Guthrie---Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

---Barfa---

---Ba---

That could change into more like a 433 with Barfa and Jonas supporting Ba when on the attack and a 451 when in defence.

Could even put Raylor at RM and Santon at LB but i think Guthrie deserves a place in the starting 11, plus if Santon got ripped a new hole in his 1st league start that might knock the lad for six.

i think pardew has been guided by results so far and it's worked for him, however i have the feeling that he is the sort of manager that would quite alter things, game to game depending on what he had available and the oppo, as opposed to sending out what he thought was his best XI  reagardless.

Pardew needs to decide whether we are going to compete in midfield or not. If not then we play 2 up front and try to bypass central midfield. The obvious risk being that we don't get the ball and Yaya and Silva run riot with Tiote picking up an early booking.

If we are going to compete in midfield and try to gain some kind of control through possession then we play 1 up front and attempt to stifle City and condense the game. HBA imo would be pivotal and runs beyond the City defense would be our main threat. Ba would basically have run himself into the ground for little reward.

Of the 2 I feel we have more chance with the second option which should also provide extra cover in wide areas.

Either way we are going to have to play exceptionally well to get anything.

Ba

Jonas      Cabaye  Guthrie    Santon

Tiote

Raylor      Coloccini  Saylor      Simpson

Krul

I would set up like this. Jonas and Santon providing the fitness and defensive qualities to support our two full backs. Tiote sitting deep to break up their attack (Silva or Nasri). Guthrie and Cabaye both very capable of retaining posession. With the all round attacking qualities of Ba up front.

`a 451 when in defence.`

your in cloud cuckoo land if you think hba will track back.  watch the 2 games so far where he was behind the striker, he never once did any defending.

I've seen him track a player in possession and prevent them from playing an easy pass every time he's played,but I suppose it's not Alan smith throwing himself at the ball with no thought whatsoever so to some it might not look like defending.

Ba

Tiote

Krul

I would set up like this. Jonas and Santon providing the fitness and defensive qualities to support our two full backs. Tiote sitting deep to break up their attack (Silva or Nasri). Guthrie and Cabaye both very capable of retaining posession. With the all round attacking qualities of Ba up front.

Am not sure that trying to keep it that tight and stop them from scoring will work, they play so well.. QPR tactics are needed.. GO and get at them make them to be the ones with everyone behind the ball.

Ba

Tiote

Krul

Am not sure that trying to keep it that tight and stop them from scoring will work, they play so well.. QPR tactics are needed.. GO and get at them make them to be the ones with everyone behind the ball.

:thup:

City will eventually break us down and dominate the game if we just try to be tight at the back.

We need to attack on the counter, use our pace to push their defense back.

To bad Obertan is not fit....

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew was on TS this morning, said we are going there to play not sit back, said teams that went and defended all got hammered so sounds like he will be going two up front. Also said Tiote & Obertan may yet feature although Tiote is more likely.

For the conspiracy theorists he was asked about Maiga and said 'i dont know if we will be back in for him as we are doing better than expected so our targets have changed'

Of course some will see that as either New target/No target depending on which side of the fence they sit  :lol:

Yeah that's almost spot on, though I personally doubt we'll make 4th, (regardless of where we end up, this team is a great achievement, and he's absolutely right, why not aim high?), but I've got sick of if we can beat the 3 best teams is the 'real test'.

Still if QPR can nearly beat City we should have some hope. I would not be upset if they hammered us though, their players cost a load more.

I know Santon can play there, but how recently has he? Is he going to be Jonas like and be very defensive. It would narrow the game a lot, but unlike Stoke they do carry a lot of threat through middle. If Tiote and Cabaye can keep Silva penned back have a chance