Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Can anyone recommend a bar in Glasgow with the appropriate channels showing the Man City game please?... Away this weekend for the Okkervil River gig...

There's a pub called The Joe King Arms near the station mate.

Too obvious... But nice try!

Sorry mate, in all serious though there's a pub called the Cudby Lion.

Can anyone recommend a bar in Glasgow with the appropriate channels showing the Man City game please?... Away this weekend for the Okkervil River gig...

That's just round the corner from the Cock and Bull another great little place you could check out. Then move onto to Cobblers on the high street.

That's just round the corner from the Cock and Bull another great little place you could check out. Then move onto to Cobblers on the high street.

Ages since I've been there. Don't get up to Glasgow often but always try to get in there for one. It's cheap as owt and there's always loadsa pie.

Since when did you have to be a great tackler to be a decent defensive winger? Barton was pure stamina when he played that role for us; covered a vast amount of ground. He'd tuck in centrally if the other side were getting a lot of possession, and would always be down into our corner if they were threatening a cross. I'm not gonna slag Guthrie off for his performances of late, because they've been good, but he's notorious for drifting out of games in the second half - and we'll be severely punished for that against City. He doesn't have same attributes as Barton in the final third, either.

Would be a terrible idea putting him out on the right.

"There's only one, Joey Barton!"

Very good crosser, decent passer, poor athlete, can't tackle; likes to dive and get others sent off. Can you imagine trying to find a player like that in Spain or Portugal? Practically impossible I'd say. 'One Joey Barton' indeed.

Since when did you have to be a great tackler to be a decent defensive winger? Barton was pure stamina when he played that role for us; covered a vast amount of ground. He'd tuck in centrally if the other side were getting a lot of possession, and would always be down into our corner if they were threatening a cross. I'm not gonna slag Guthrie off for his performances of late, because they've been good, but he's notorious for drifting out of games in the second half - and we'll be severely punished for that against City. He doesn't have same attributes as Barton in the final third, either.

Would be a terrible idea putting him out on the right.

"There's only one, Joey Barton!"

Very good crosser, decent passer, poor athlete, can't tackle; likes to dive and get others sent off. Can you imagine trying to find a player like that in Spain or Portugal? Practically impossible I'd say. 'One Joey Barton' indeed.

Very true.

Although Yorkie is right about Guthrie out wide.

It's absolutely critical that we utilise Jonas properly in this game, and I don't think I'd be comfortable trying him in a new position. Certainly not in this match.

I'd be far more comfortable having him there than Guthrie. Playing into their hands playing him in this one, he's basically a poor man's Barry as average as Barry is. Barry's strength is picking a pass, his weakness is dealing with pace. Stick Jonas or HBA up against him and we might have a slight chance of doing something here. Play Guthrie and try and stifle them and I think it could be a disaster.

Jonas is experienced enough to manage more than others I suspect. I have been encouraged with Guthrie, and his interplay with HBA was good with quick short passes, the sort that might allow Arfa to shine, hence me pondering whether guthrie could start in midfield 3 with HBA out wide on right.

All academic, it'll be the usual 4-4-2 and Obertan sounds likely to be back

No square pegs in round holes.

As little change as injuries allow, no sentiment, play 4-4-2, play they way we know and get after them and give them a game.

If we get hammered at least get hammered trying to win the game rather than getting hammered after doing a TCA and playing for a 0-0 draw.

Here's a crazy thought.

You know the settled side that has been quietly impressing and gathering points all season - let's keep it settled.

There should be one change to the 'regular team' and that should be Obertan's replacement (be it HBA or Guthrie or whoever). None of this switching Jonas or putting R.Taylor out on the right wing and throwing Santon in.

A settled side is the reason we are where we are.

Here's a crazy thought.

You know the settled side that has been quietly impressing and gathering points all season - let's keep it settled.

There should be one change to the 'regular team' and that should be Obertan's replacement (be it HBA or Guthrie or whoever). None of this switching Jonas or putting R.Taylor out on the right wing and throwing Santon in.

A settled side is the reason we are where we are.

Amen.

I had a dream we won this 1-0.

None of my dreams come true though.

I had a similar dream except we won 4-3 with Santon scoring the winner. But like you, none of my dreams come true :(

I had a dream that I set up Meatloaf to score the winner, then Stephen Fry jumped out of the crowed hugged him and they made out. But none of my dreams come true  :(

I had a dream we won this 1-0.

None of my dreams come true though.

I had a similar dream except we won 4-3 with Santon scoring the winner. But like you, none of my dreams come true :(

I had a dream that I set up Meatloaf to score the winner, then Stephen Fry jumped out of the crowed hugged him and they made out. But none of my dreams come true  :(

I've had that dream too!

I have a dream that Evra and Ferdinand will one day play in a league where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their footballing ability.

I had a dream that my mate said he would take me to school but then decided to go against his promise cus he was watching big brother and would only go to school after that.I was like dont worry i'll come watch with you then you can take me after that. He was like nah fuck off. Then once i saw him at school we had a big ass fight.