St James' Park

Dave

Oh jesus.  :sad:

For me there isn't a more slappable face on tv that this.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/179624_o.gif

I think I'm developing diabetes just looking at that fat mug.

:lol: :lol:

This is pure mint news to come home to, cool.  Tbh it might well have been planted in the news to soften the blow of it being Sports Direct in reality, in which case I'm surprised they didn't go for the BNP.  Also, I agree with whoever said they wouldn't buy a shirt with a tacky brand plastered on the front of it, no chance.

Which is why I think it's far to early to be getting angry over this.

Can't really blame people for expecting the worst though, can you?

They expected the worst during the summer when we were going to sell our best players.

For me life is far too short to get angry about things that haven't happened, most of us probably get enough disappointments in life without worrying about stuff that could potentially happen.

I just don't see the point in always expecting the worst. It actually depresses me trying to comprehend some peoples mindset when they are constantly believing the negatives whilst instantly dismissing positives. I don't think I could continue following football with some peoples approaches to everything.

Deal with the shite when it comes, enjoy the positives while you can.

The positives in this case being that the ground remains as the SportsDirect Arena. :lol: what joy. Unless it goes back to SJP there are no positives in this instance IMO.

Players wise I understand you're point though.

Decka wants £10m for stadium sponsorship per season

We have existing deal for £10m per season for our shirt sponsorship

Mid table Premiership clubs are now signing £20m per season shirt sponsorship deals.

We take an early exit out of our £10m per season shirt sponsorship, sell that deal bundled with stadium sponsorship deal (worth a total of £20m-£30m) for £8m.

Yeah fucking right.

Has that actually been confirmed btw?  ???

In various quotes from him saying he believed he could get £10m for it and it would pay for a new player for us every year.

So it was total bollocks then.

Still, the fact that we got £10m from VM and other teams below in the league are gaining £20m per season now (from a charity as well) kind of holds up.

That's only Sunderland and even then it's up for massive debate as it was never (IIRC) formally announced as that.

Virgin were paying not that much shy of what could be expected IMO.

Didn't Virgin just take over the existing Northern Rock deal as it already was re: payment? I didn't pay much attention at the time, but I recall reading something like that. Probably wrong though.

The Northern Rock deal ran until the end of last season, VM were on the shirts then because Northern Rock became VM on January 1st this year. VM singed a new deal though which came into effect at the start of this season, this is the deal we have cancelled.

The Northern Rock deal ran until the end of last season, VM were on the shirts then because Northern Rock became VM on January 1st this year. VM singed a new deal though which came into effect at the start of this season, this is the deal we have cancelled.

I can't remember seeing £10 million mentioned anywhere else and I doubt we'll be getting that much.

At the end of the day you either want to go and watch 11 blokes play for nufc or not. Forget about the rest of it, you can't control it. Singing songs about it won't change it. The only vote that counts is with your wallet, if its a step too far stay away.

Sad but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Which is why I think it's far to early to be getting angry over this.

Can't really blame people for expecting the worst though, can you?

They expected the worst during the summer when we were going to sell our best players.

For me life is far too short to get angry about things that haven't happened, most of us probably get enough disappointments in life without worrying about stuff that could potentially happen.

I just don't see the point in always expecting the worst. It actually depresses me trying to comprehend some peoples mindset when they are constantly believing the negatives whilst instantly dismissing positives. I don't think I could continue following football with some peoples approaches to everything.

Deal with the shite when it comes, enjoy the positives while you can.

The positives in this case being that the ground remains as the SportsDirect Arena. :lol: what joy. Unless it goes back to SJP there are no positives in this instance IMO.

Players wise I understand you're point though.

Could be SDA or we could have brought the current deal to an early end for another sponsor, doesn't mean it's Wonga just because one article with a few grasping quotes claim it is.

Won't make a judgement until it is confirmed, just learned trusting the media is pointless since Simao was in a medical with us around 10+ years ago without ever appearing from it (I assume he is okay).

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I don't want our club associated with companies like this - glorified loan sharks that prey on low income/high debt individuals and families.

This will be a genuine disappointment IF true. Sports Direct is one thing, but Wonga?

Surely a football club should ethically choose a corporate partner that reflects the mindset of the club and it's general intentions, at least to a point. Surely they must understand that money should not be the sole driver as such a partnership immediately makes us a laughing stock once again.

Here's hoping it's not true

I don't want our club associated with companies like this - glorified loan sharks that prey on low income/high debt individuals and families.

This will be a genuine disappointment IF true. Sports Direct is one thing, but Wonga?

Surely a football club should ethically choose a corporate partner that reflects the mindset of the club and it's general intentions, at least to a point. Surely they must understand that money should not be the sole driver.

Here's hoping it's not true

My thoughts exactly.