St James' Park

Dave

I f***ing hate the word "wonga" for money as well.  Can't stand "dosh" either but "wonga" is just pathetic.

It's very cockney sounding. It would sound weird in a Geordie accent I think.

I f***ing hate the word "wonga" for money as well.  Can't stand "dosh" either but "wonga" is just pathetic.

:lol: It really is like they sat down and thought about the worst possible name for the stadium. Or are using a Magic 8 Ball to make decisions whilst everyone is on holiday.

Guest neesy111

Title name is pathetic it should say at least rumoured as there are many faults in the article I've read on this

Which is why I think it's far to early to be getting angry over this.

Can't really blame people for expecting the worst though, can you?

They expected the worst during the summer when we were going to sell our best players.

For me life is far too short to get angry about things that haven't happened, most of us probably get enough disappointments in life without worrying about stuff that could potentially happen.

I just don't see the point in always expecting the worst. It actually depresses me trying to comprehend some peoples mindset when they are constantly believing the negatives whilst instantly dismissing positives. I don't think I could continue following football with some peoples approaches to everything.

Deal with the shite when it comes, enjoy the positives while you can.

:thup:

:lol: It really is like they sat down and thought about the worst possible name for the stadium. Or are using a Magic 8 Ball to make decisions whilst everyone is on holiday.

"Ask Again Later Park"

"The stadium, named the Sports Direct Arena after Mr Ashley's sportswear retailer, will be renamed Wonga."

:lol:  just "Wonga"? WTF

http://kerplow.com/drop/gif/wonga-slowmo2.gif

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27939328.jpg

Anyone on here with kids, please don't let your kids grow up calling our ground anything other than St James' Park. My worst fear is that this will last long enough that the next generation will only know it as the sell out arena.

"The stadium, named the Sports Direct Arena after Mr Ashley's sportswear retailer, will be renamed Wonga."

:lol:  just "Wonga"? WTF

http://kerplow.com/drop/gif/wonga-slowmo2.gif

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27939328.jpg

:lol:

Anyone on here with kids, please don't let your kids grow up calling our ground anything other than St James' Park. My worst fear is that this will last long enough that the next generation will only know it as the sell out arena.

:thup:

St James' Park is all it should ever be. Anyone who calls it any other name is a fucking moron.

Decka wants £10m for stadium sponsorship per season

We have existing deal for £10m per season for our shirt sponsorship

Mid table Premiership clubs are now signing £20m per season shirt sponsorship deals.

We take an early exit out of our £10m per season shirt sponsorship, sell that deal bundled with stadium sponsorship deal (worth a total of £20m-£30m) for £8m.

Yeah f***ing right.

This might be the thing though. If we think companies dont see sponsoring the stadium as a viable option, i wonder if they might be willing to accept less short term if they think it'll open up more via future competiton. A company like Wonga is already used to public opinion being against them, the type of company needed. Perhaps theyve said theyll only do it if they get on the kits aswell & we've seen it as one step back for two steps forward kind of thing.

Hope not anyway.

I don't want our club associated with companies like this - glorified loan sharks that prey on low income/high debt individuals and families.

This will be a genuine disappointment IF true. Sports Direct is one thing, but Wonga?

Surely a football club should ethically choose a corporate partner that reflects the mindset of the club and it's general intentions, at least to a point. Surely they must understand that money should not be the sole driver as such a partnership immediately makes us a laughing stock once again.

Here's hoping it's not true

It could actually be argued that Sports Direct's business model is far more reprehensible than that of Wonga, involving exploitation of workers in chronic poverty but that doesn't stop people loading up on their cheap tracky b's.

Any connection between morality and football was broken some time ago, Wonga's dubious practices are just a little more transparent than some - take for example the Middle Eastern companies who are flooding stupid amounts of cash into the game these days - some of the human rights they trample on a daily basis are almost beyond belief.