Classy

Dave

I'll stick my neck out here and say I'm far more annoyed by the sheer unprofessionalism and cuntishness of Llambias as opposed to the actual content of what he said. He's got no business running a football club if that's how he's going to shoot his mouth off.

Agreed.

I'll stick my neck out here and say I'm far more annoyed by the sheer unprofessionalism and cuntishness of Llambias as opposed to the actual content of what he said. He's got no business running a football club if that's how he's going to shoot his mouth off.

Agreed.

Same here, even though that doesn't suit the agendas of some. Evil geniuses etc.

Guest TheSummerOf69

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned, but...

If KK was appointed to appease potential Arab buyers then all those reassurances at the time that Ashley wasn't looking for a quick buck but was in it for the long haul were bull!

Agreed.

He's only human, ffs. Not a very nice one, granted...but he's fallible too.

Agreed.

Same here, even though that doesn't suit the agendas of some. Evil geniuses etc.

Same here.

Guest elbee909

No-one else reminded of Shepherd and the Mary Poppins incident?  It's just like that.  Jumped up twat bigging themselves up my belittling others.  Sad really.

Agreed.

Aye.

I know this is digging up old bones, but i've struggled to really ascertain where you're at with the board, Stu. To pluck out one of their many horrendous decisions: slinging Keegan and Wise into a melting pot. Would you class that as a 'superficial and emotive error'? Or, like me and many others, would you rank it as one of the worst decisions in the club's history? And, in my lifetime, probably the single worst?

I remember being in The Hancock having a pre-game pint when the news came through on the telly about KK's return, while the majority in the pub were glassy eyed and whooping in delight, I was distinctly underwhelmed and couldn't understand why anyone thought this was going to be a good decision (see my "Dear Agony Aunt" thread about KK's return at the time).

With that in mind, I don't necessarily agree that putting Keegan and Wise together was the single worst decision in the club's history, it just brought about his departure sooner than we would have expected and in far more explosive circumstances. Neither men were particularly good for the club's recent history IMO. I enjoyed Keegan getting the most out of our expensively-assembled and overpaid squad but it was always going to be a short-term romance, rather than a long term relationship.

You say some fans gloss over the good things they have done. I can admit to that. But i'm genuinely interested to know if you're surprised by that, or if you can even understand why.

Surprised? No. There's plenty of differing opinions and views on this board and around the stadium.

Can I understand why? I can see how they would logically arrive at these views if they're determined to hang onto the heartbreak of the Keegan fling ending and view everything through those bitter eyes. I just don't think that leads to a particularly enjoyable time as a supporter of the club, especially when there's plenty of positive things happening that you can focus on instead.

My immediate reaction to anything the board do well is: "well, it's the least they can do." The sentimental heartache caused, the attempts to diminish the club's heritage, and the potentially catastrophic relegation... all those things leave them forever in our debt as far as i am concerned. And i am sure it's the same for many others. So until they bring us genuine success (and by that i mean surpassing the Bobby era and bringing us silverware), any positive move will be met with cautious approval at best. We might be third and stable now, but they haven't even began the U-turn for me to start lavishing them with praise, or forgiving them for incidents such as this one.

Conversely, my expectations after the 4-manager, PR-distaster, relegation season were so low that I'm genuinely impressed that we're managing to achieve so many positive things in such a short space of time - I was hoping we'd do all of the good things we've done, but I thought it would take 3-4 years of mid-table safety before we started to push on (driven by the younger, hungrier players coming through). If you want to constantly chalk these up against some sort of credit vs debt list - which you no doubt have no listing for "saved us from Shepherd" - then go ahead, but you're only selling yourself short in terms of enjoyment as a supporter - IMO.

I haven't followed the thread all the way through, this is directed more at you and your stance on the board. Because i think defining your stance towards them as "less militant" doesn't quite cut it. You seem quick to pick people out who speak out against the board simply cos they "made their mind up ages ago". Well, there's more to it than that.

Interested to hear your response.

There's not more to it then that, you've admitted in the very same post that you'll always feel that the owner "owes us" so you're never going to give a balanced assessment of the decisions they make (good and bad) until they bring a trophy to the club. Someone who refuses to allow themselves to consider things with an open mind until a remote condition has been met by the opposing party certainly sounds somewhat militant to me...and you're one of the more reasonable posters.

The OP is a prime example, whenever the club does anything positive (or something is claimed to be positive), he will be one of the first to question the validity or accuracy of these claims, yet he has no qualms in repeating these stories when it suits his anti-owner agenda.

I haven't commented on the actual contents of the story - there's been plenty of that from other people - but when I question why this story hasn't been rumoured/mentioned on any of the well-populated NUFC forums or email groups in the past month, it gets shot down as me "defending Llambias" by people who then go onto accuse "posters on here have an agenda". :dontknow:

I don't agree/support every decision that the club makes - stadium renaming is a prime example - but I'm not inclined to rant and rave. "Disgust" is just one of the terms thrown about far too much on here. Colos summed it up reasonably well above, plus, what do people get a kick out of from complaining all the time?

The condoning of the "facts" spouted by this fucktart on these boards is possibly more infuriating than anything this asshole did. It just goes to show why cretinous politicians and public figures retain their powers year after year because it seems if you lie long enough, if you throw enough shit against the wall, some of it is undoubtedly going to stick.

Let's break these "facts" down:

1) Keegan. To quote the post in here that started it all, "correct." In what fucking delusional, bizarro-world is his assessment of the situation with Keegan in any way "correct?" DL said "his fucking head was all over the place." Eh? Appointed to appease Arabs? WTF ?

Ashley and Co. were found guilty in a court of law by a Judge who made sure to include in the tribunal that they also constantly lied about Keegan's tenure here, and did everything they could to tarnish his reputation.

Yet, people are still actually believing a word this fucking neanderthal says. Unbelievable, and a point enough to get one seething on its own.

2) Shearer. Also to quote the poster before, "correct."

How on earth was only Shearer responsible for our relegation? How can you pass judgment on his ability to manage a football team EVER?

DL and some of the posters on here are so fucking deluded, blindfolded and downright pathetic, that they not only pretend to be future-telling sages on how a human being will pan out as a manager in the future, but actually believe giving someone 8 games to stave of relegation is enough to banish them as human beings to the dustbin "foreva innit, mate."

We, as both a team and a club, were absolutely fucked long before Shearer was brought in that season. Not a single fan who has anything but a half-decent memory can argue with that. It was disaster after disaster brought on by Ashley, it was nothing but a sinking ship on which these fuckheads chose to find a lamb to take the blame -- in the form of a former club hero -- and amazingly, it worked! You fuckheads who're blaming only Shearer for our relegation are probably the same wankers who would purchase a bottle of snakeoil and then go and vote for George Bush in the same afternoon. Get your fucking heads checked. Shit. Sticks. To. Walls.

3) Chris Hughton.

They're practically gloating about sacking a nice guy. "I don't want a manager under me who can't argue." He needs a cunt like him underneath to deal with his own flapping cunt lips. CH may not have been the right person to "lead us forward," wherever that may be -- I don't credit them 100% for our recent upturn in fortune -- the way they treated him was downright pathetic, embarrassing for the club, and a horrible way to treat a genuinely nice guy and a pretty decent manager and coach. They rattled the ship then once again when things were finally looking stable, and have done so once again this week with the renaming and now this.

4) Andy Carroll. Okay fine, you wankers can have that one, $35M was definitely overpaying for him. Still they lied about the whole "Andy handed in a transfer request, we had no choice, blah blah" and this recent bollocks only pushes that story aside.

Absolutely pissed, to be honest, by how easy it is for people to downright lie to the public and how many in the public are willing to be covered in the urine deemed holy water.

His final quote is the nail in the coffin, no matter what you believe the facts to be:

"You have no idea how fucking horrible we can be."

Whether we all agree or not on what has gone on regarding the aforementioned points, that quote alone needs to see him sacked, and sacked soon. That's unforgivable, filled with nothing but venom, and the wanton flaunting of power that only comes from those who think they're untouchable.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Andy Carroll. Okay fine, you wankers can have that one, $35M was definitely overpaying for him. Still they lied about the whole "Andy handed in a transfer request, we had no choice, blah blah" and this recent bollocks only pushes that story aside.

Yep, this just confirms the Tribunals' findings - they happily and routinely lie to suppoters...

Ashley's in it for the long haul / was looking to sell even before KK was appointed.

KK has complete control and final say / but we'll buy and sell players without him.

Shearer is the best / worst move we ever made.

Carroll demanded the move against our wishes / we bit their hands off and sold them a dud.

St James's will never lose it's name and it's only temporarily called SD @ St James's / - no, it's the SDA  / nobody wants to come in so it stays the SDA (for free).

Etc etc.

The condoning of the "facts" spouted by this fucktart on these boards is possibly more infuriating than anything this asshole did. It just goes to show why cretinous politicians and public figures retain their powers year after year because it seems if you lie long enough, if you throw enough s*** against the wall, some of it is undoubtedly going to stick.

1) Keegan. To quote the post in here that started it all, "correct." In what f***ing delusional, bizarro-world is his assessment of the situation with Keegan in any way "correct?" DL said "his f***ing head was all over the place." Eh? Appointed to appease Arabs? WTF ?

Ashley and Co. were found guilty in a court of law by a Judge who made sure to include in the tribunal that they also constantly lied about Keegan's tenure here, and did everything they could to tarnish his reputation.

Yet, people are still actually believing a word this f***ing neanderthal says. Unbelievable, and a point enough to get one seething on its own.

How on earth was only Shearer responsible for our relegation? How can you pass judgment on his ability to manage a football team EVER?

DL and some of the posters on here are so f***ing deluded, blindfolded and downright pathetic, that they not only pretend to be future-telling sages on how a human being will pan out as a manager in the future, but actually believe giving someone 8 games to stave of relegation is enough to banish them as human beings to the dustbin "foreva innit, mate."

We, as both a team and a club, were absolutely f***ed long before Shearer was brought in that season. Not a single fan who has anything but a half-decent memory can argue with that. It was disaster after disaster brought on by Ashley, it was nothing but a sinking ship on which these fuckheads chose to find a lamb to take the blame -- in the form of a former club hero -- and amazingly, it worked! You fuckheads who're blaming only Shearer for our relegation are probably the same wankers who would purchase a bottle of snakeoil and then go and vote for George Bush in the same afternoon. Get your f***ing heads checked. s***. Sticks. To. Walls.

3) Chris Hughton.

They're practically gloating about sacking a nice guy. "I don't want a manager under me who can't argue." He needs a c*** like him underneath to deal with his own flapping c*** lips. CH may not have been the right person to "lead us forward," wherever that may be -- I don't credit them 100% for our recent upturn in fortune -- the way they treated him was downright pathetic, embarrassing for the club, and a horrible way to treat a genuinely nice guy and a pretty decent manager and coach. They rattled the ship then once again when things were finally looking stable, and have done so once again this week with the renaming and now this.

4) Andy Carroll. Okay fine, you wankers can have that one, $35M was definitely overpaying for him. Still they lied about the whole "Andy handed in a transfer request, we had no choice, blah blah" and this recent bollocks only pushes that story aside.

Absolutely p*ssed, to be honest, by how easy it is for people to downright lie to the public and how many in the public are willing to be covered in the urine deemed holy water.

His final quote is the nail in the coffin, no matter what you believe the facts to be:

"You have no idea how f***ing horrible we can be."

Whether we all agree or not on what has gone on regarding the aforementioned points, that quote alone needs to see him sacked, and sacked soon. That's unforgivable, filled with nothing but venom, and the wanton flaunting of power that only comes from those who think they're untouchable.

I agree with a lot of what you say there, drunken ranting is no way for an employee to go on much less a Managing Director, but on "a point of order" the bit I bolded, he didn't (the "Judge").

The oft quoted statement (5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United).

is from KK's legal team's statement NOT the tribunal itself as it has been portrayed in the press and seems to be believed by many.

The condoning of the "facts" spouted by this fucktart on these boards is possibly more infuriating than anything this asshole did. It just goes to show why cretinous politicians and public figures retain their powers year after year because it seems if you lie long enough, if you throw enough shit against the wall, some of it is undoubtedly going to stick.

1) Keegan. To quote the post in here that started it all, "correct." In what fucking delusional, bizarro-world is his assessment of the situation with Keegan in any way "correct?" DL said "his fucking head was all over the place." Eh? Appointed to appease Arabs? WTF ?

Yet, people are still actually believing a word this fucking neanderthal says. Unbelievable, and a point enough to get one seething on its own.

DL and some of the posters on here are so fucking deluded, blindfolded and downright pathetic, that they not only pretend to be future-telling sages on how a human being will pan out as a manager in the future, but actually believe giving someone 8 games to stave of relegation is enough to banish them as human beings to the dustbin "foreva innit, mate."

We, as both a team and a club, were absolutely fucked long before Shearer was brought in that season. Not a single fan who has anything but a half-decent memory can argue with that. It was disaster after disaster brought on by Ashley, it was nothing but a sinking ship on which these fuckheads chose to find a lamb to take the blame -- in the form of a former club hero -- and amazingly, it worked! You fuckheads who're blaming only Shearer for our relegation are probably the same wankers who would purchase a bottle of snakeoil and then go and vote for George Bush in the same afternoon. Get your fucking heads checked. Shit. Sticks. To. Walls.

3) Chris Hughton.

They're practically gloating about sacking a nice guy. "I don't want a manager under me who can't argue." He needs a cunt like him underneath to deal with his own flapping cunt lips. CH may not have been the right person to "lead us forward," wherever that may be -- I don't credit them 100% for our recent upturn in fortune -- the way they treated him was downright pathetic, embarrassing for the club, and a horrible way to treat a genuinely nice guy and a pretty decent manager and coach. They rattled the ship then once again when things were finally looking stable, and have done so once again this week with the renaming and now this.

Absolutely pissed, to be honest, by how easy it is for people to downright lie to the public and how many in the public are willing to be covered in the urine deemed holy water.

This. 100%.

I agree with a lot of what you say there, drunken ranting is no way for an employee to go on much less a Managing Director, but on "a point of order" the bit I bolded, he didn't (the "Judge").

The oft quoted statement (5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United).

is from KK's legal team's statement NOT the tribunal itself as it has been portrayed in the press and seems to be believed by many.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/7E724B279A1C454480257643006C3BEF?OpenDocument

Wow, you learn something new everyday :lol:

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/7E724B279A1C454480257643006C3BEF?OpenDocument

Wow, you learn something new everyday :lol:

I can imagine a few people not being quite happy with this new discovery  :mike:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I like Keegan, but the 2nd point in that link made me laugh a little considering the amount of times he's resigned on a whim.

No-one else reminded of Shepherd and the Mary Poppins incident?  It's just like that.  Jumped up twat bigging themselves up my belittling others.  Sad really.

It's been mentioned half a dozen times but ignored almost every time...

That's not to say that Llambias is in the right of anything, just that it's certainly not unprecedented in our club's recent history. I personally thought Shepherd/Hall's behaviour was worse, but generating any debate on that matter seems impossible.

Agreed.

Same, there's not much in the quotes I actually disagree with.

Keegan is a legend and a hero, but his mental state is a bit suspect. Hughton was a really nice guy and sound manager but I also doubt whether he could have taken us into the top 10 of the Premier League. Shearer is a legend as well, but nothing to suggest he's a good football manager.

Also encouraged by the bit where he says he wanted a manager that would answer back, throws doubt on the Yes Man theory of Pardew.

Anyway, I don't like Llambias and stuff like this is very unprofessional, but the actual content isn't that far wrong.

3) Chris Hughton.

Good post, good point about the Carroll thing too. More proven bollocks spouted from them that was argued to death on here.

as a side though, is it not all bollocks?

thinking about it, what is the likelyhood of llambias coming out with all of these convenient soundbites about every manager since keegan in a pub within earshot of someone/a few people who 'just happened to know a reporter from the daily mirror'?

thinking about it, what is the likelyhood of llambias coming out with all of these convenient soundbites about every manager since keegan in a pub within earshot of someone/a few people who 'just happened to know a reporter from the daily mirror'?

By sounds of things it was recorded, the guy who recorded it wasn't sure what to do with it and was advised to give it to the papers and so offered it to the mirror. Can't imagine the Mirror would stick it in the paper as fact and quotes from Derek without being able to back it up otherwise they'd be taken to court.

By sounds of things it was recorded, the guy who recorded it wasn't sure what to do with it and was advised to give it to the papers and so offered it to the mirror. Can't imagine the Mirror would stick it in the paper as fact and quotes from Derek without being able to back it up otherwise they'd be taken to court.

Where was this posted? Would be curious to know who 'advised' him to 'give' it to the papers...