Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll keep a close eye on Ireland's progress like. Want them to do well! They're definitely the underdogs which, you never know, could work in their favour!

But as pointed out before, the prospect of Whelan/Andrews up against Xavi/Iniesta.......ha!

Seriously though, are there not better players than Keith Andrews in the middle for Ireland?

Trap looks for work horses in midfield more than flair players not that we have many of those in central midfield mind, about the best atm in that regard is Keith Fahey, potentially James McCarthy could be that player but hes far from the finished article and since the current choice is between Andrews or Darren fucking Gibson I'll take Andrews

Decent group. Not too easy, not too hard. Croatia impressed me greatly in their playoff against Turkey, so I wouldn't count them out completely. Ireland - sorry - should be bottom and then it's up to us against Italy.

I had Portugal down as a black horse for this, but that group can be too much.

Poor f***ing Denmark :lol:

More like poor Portugal. Denmark played them out of the stadium in their last qualification match. But still, Holland and Germany will propably go through.

denmark/portugal games have a bit of recent history for being very good iirc.

edit. just found one of the games i was thinking of. a proper qualifying game, portugal at home and 2-1 up after 86mins....denmark win 3-2.

i thought it was last year...it was 2008.

Yes, they have been in the same group for both the last WC-qualifier and this EURO-qualifier - with Denmark as group winners on both times. The games are usually very good, so group B will most likely be good entertainment as Germany and Holland plays attacking football as well.

Poor f***ing Denmark :lol:

More like poor Portugal. Denmark played them out of the stadium in their last qualification match. But still, Holland and Germany will propably go through.

denmark/portugal games have a bit of recent history for being very good iirc.

edit. just found one of the games i was thinking of. a proper qualifying game, portugal at home and 2-1 up after 86mins....denmark win 3-2.

i thought it was last year...it was 2008.

Yes, they have been in the same group for both the last WC-qualifier and this EURO-qualifier - with Denmark as group winners on both times. The games are usually very good, so group B will most likely be good entertainment as Germany and Holland plays attacking football as well.

Pretty good offence indeed.

http://www.meborre.com/wp-content/imagenes///2010/07/Nigel-De-Jong-contra-Xavi-Alonso-600x400.jpg

I'm still so profoundly disappointed in how Holland set up in that match. It was so intrinsically un-Dutch. Thought they played the more attractive football over the tournament (well, behind to Germany/Argentina) too. I guess the fear of playing Spain's possession football drove them to it.

I'm still so profoundly disappointed in how Holland set up in that match. It was so intrinsically un-Dutch. Thought they played the more attractive football over the tournament (well, behind to Germany/Argentina) too. I guess the fear of playing Spain's possession football drove them to it.

yes but they still physically kicked the shit out of everyone and how Van Bommell didn't get a red card a game is beyond me

yes but they still physically kicked the shit out of everyone and how Van Bommell didn't get a red card a game is beyond me

How De Jong didn't get one is even worse.

van bommell was worse for me for sheer number of managing to get away with it over the tournment

yes but they still physically kicked the s*** out of everyone and how Van Bommell didn't get a red card a game is beyond me

:sadnod:

Webb had an absolute nightmare in that game. Didn't really control it at all.

• 3 months later...

Anyone going to this? Wondering if its worth getting tickets for Swedens game against France and England.

Looking around seems like a fucking impossibility to get around to matches in Ukraine. Closest stadium to the Olympic one in Kiev is 485km away. Seems impossible.

Anyone going to this? Wondering if its worth getting tickets for Swedens game against France and England.

Looking around seems like a fucking impossibility to get around to matches in Ukraine. Closest stadium to the Olympic one in Kiev is 485km away. Seems impossible.

Got a ticket for the Final if England get there (:yao:). Would have gone to more but got no real interest in spending that long in either Poland or Ukraine. Brazil in 2014 and France in 2016 on the other hand...

It's a couple of weeks FFS Ash, not liking you're committing six months of your life to it or anything. :lol:

Got tickets for the games against Croatia and Italy, hoping we can give at least one of them a good game. Heading over in a campervan with five of the lads, gonna be a messy couple of weeks. Thank fuck we got drawn to play in Poland, much cheaper and more manageable than Ukraine by all accounts.

It's a couple of weeks FFS Ash, not liking you're committing six months of your life to it or anything. :lol:

Got tickets for the games against Croatia and Italy, hoping we can give at least one of them a good game. Heading over in a campervan with five of the lads, gonna be a messy couple of weeks. Thank fuck we got drawn to play in Poland, much cheaper and more manageable than Ukraine by all accounts.

Exactly, a couple of weeks of not spending a fuckload of money to be in a country I don't want to be sounds a better option to me. :lol:

yes but they still physically kicked the s*** out of everyone and how Van Bommell didn't get a red card a game is beyond me

When you start Kuyt, Van Bommel & De Jong in the same side, physicality is going to play a major in the game plan.

Think I heard somewhere that it is like 50-60 years ago since England last beat Sweden in a competitive match

Pretty certain we beat them 3-1 in the WC group stage in 2002 with Emile Heskey scoring.

1-1 man.