Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Sophie S

I'm looking forward to seeing Schweinsteiger play. He was great 2010, hope he still puts the same amount of work rate in!

Starting to look forward to this. Nothing compared to the season we just have been through but the whole summer night/football/vacation/beer thing is really nice. The last Euro was in 2008. Feels like ages ago but it was a really good tournament that year. I hope teams like France, Germany and Netherlands (and Spain of course, but honestly I dont see them as favourites this year) step up and give a spark to the tournament.

What a fucking joke. We made a sweepstakes while bored at work last night. I get Spain in the test run. Put my two quid in, pick a new one... Poland. :lol: Cunts.

"test run" in a sweepstake? :lol:

WTF

Wasn't a planned test run. It was sat there. We were bored. We started picking names out. :lol:

David Villa ‏@Guaje7Villa

I've tried, but I can't be 100% to play the Eurocup. I called Vicente del Bosque to say him. It's the honest thing I could do

Spain to crash in the quarters I reckon. With Villa out it will be like watching Barca this season, only without Messi. Too many of their squad have had crap seasons - plus Puyol out injured too.

Yup, I was saying the exact same thing to my mate at work the other day. The French are belting odds.

The French hype is odd to me. The team hasn't gotten out of its group in the last two major tournaments and has performed at a very average level throughout qualifiers. They have a ridiculous amount of talent as always, but there is no evidence of them making things work as a cohesive side, which is clearly the most important thing in international football.

All you need to garner hype in an international tournament is a lot of talent, I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if they crashed out.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're in the semifinal either. Wild card for sure.

The French hype is odd to me. The team hasn't gotten out of its group in the last two major tournaments and has performed at a very average level throughout qualifiers. They have a ridiculous amount of talent as always, but there is no evidence of them making things work as a cohesive side, which is clearly the most important thing in international football.

Aren't they unbeaten in 18 matches or something daft?

I don't think anybody's hyping them up that much tbh, but they're a good outside bet away from the major 3. All it takes is for things to click at these tournaments and they've certainly got the players.

Now they have Hatem though.  :saylor:

Viana is in the Portugal squad

I always liked him, It's just a shame he didn't really make it here, glad for him. :)

Saw the odd's this morning, how the hell are England 4th favorites to win it? Jeez.

If that's in the UK then I get it, England odds are always hyped up, no matter how deluded they are.

Guest Roger Kint

Hugo Viana has been recalled by Portugal.

:)  Happy for him.

I always liked him, It's just a shame he didn't really make it here, glad for him. :)