Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Class opening day, that. Really entertaining and I thought that both games'd be s****. :thup:

Aye, good to see teams going for it a bit more than I thought they would.

Should be a good 3 days coming up. At least 1 big match every day.

Meh... pretty predictable, we always choke up in the first game. There simply isn‘t enough quality in the side, if 2-3 key players aren‘t scoring/creating chances then nothing is happening. Especially troublesome that we don‘t have a single MC that is able to run, shoot, pass or do anything other than lull lazily around the center of the pitch. Szczesny is a decent keeper but he really needs to shut up, stop with the declarations and focus on his game. Been in Warsaw for the past 2 days and I must have seen at least 215 posters, commercials and front pages with Szczesny standing there like the toughest shit on earth. Typical Polish media, hyping any half-decent player into oblivion before a tourney and then murder him once the tournament is over. The defense is shite as ever, if Greece managed to create all these changes with that attacking line up I don’t even want to know what Russia will do to us.

The stadium is absolutely magnificent, though I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere. Have to say that the people here are nothing but amazing, rarely experienced such hospitality.

Highlight of the trip was flying from Amsterdam and having Ruud Gullit and Roy Keane sit right in front of me. Once I landed in Warsaw I couldn’t pick up my luggage because they had displaced some luggage back in Amsterdam, so I went to the office and filed in a report meanwhile Roy Keane was standing next to me, not very pleased “I have to pay 25 euros because you lost my luggage?? Ridiculous”. Good ol’ Keano  :aww:

The second highlight of the trip was when went out for a walk with my uncle and his 2 dogs, beering it up in the good weather. Anyway, his dog found this block of stone in the ground so naturally doing the most doggy thing he could think of in his dog brain, he went on to spend the next 10 minutes sniffing and digging like crazy around the stone like it was the most important thing in the world. After he managed to dig a hole big enough so that he could haul the stone from the ground, he started licking and licking and licking the stone, not stopping til the stone was literally drenched in dog saliva. Think it must have been the most clean and happy stone in the world.

http://i45.tinypic.com/65rg44.jpg

Dogs....

So those Russians were alright, yeh?

They're a class above anyone else in that group.

Aye, they're the strongest team in group A.  Don't think they have enough to challenge the big 3/4 though.  They seemed to go missing for prolonged periods when their tempo and cohesion dropped off, which a big 3/4 team would take advantage.

Plus I don't think their fluid pressing system will work against the 'big 3/4', but that might not be how they'd approach such a game.

Aye, they're the strongest team in group A.  Don't think they have enough to challenge the big 3/4 though.  They seemed to go missing for prolonged periods when their tempo and cohesion dropped off, which a big 3/4 team would take advantage.

Plus I don't think their fluid pressing system will work against the 'big 3/4', but that might not be how they'd approach such a game.

I think they can up their game. Yesterday, they felt a bit too safe and, as soon as the 2-1 happened, they increased the pace again and looked like they wanted to play football again.

Think they'll make the semis at least.

You think they will beat the runner up in the group of death then?

You think they will beat the runner up in the group of death then?

I think they can do it, yes.

In the end, it's classic K.O. football after the group stages where everything can happen. Holland have their problems in defence and might struggle against Russia's offensive class. The same goes for Germany.

Think Russia would struggle most against Portugal because of their style of football they usually play.

Yeah your right, anything can indeed happen and probably will.... the answer they can do it but will they? its a tough ask imo.

About Germany and Holland struggling defensively against Russia's attacking quality..... while thats true what will probably is what Spain did to Russia in Euro 2008 is just keep the ball and thats what i expect Holland and Germany to do if it comes to that.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Only just woken up so not sure if it's verified or been getting much attention, but a small group of Russia 'fans' attacked stadium security staff yesterday. There's a video kicking about and it's obviously not very pleasant so I won't post it here.