Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting to see how poor Van Persie was. I think a lot of Arsenal players don't perform as well either when they move to other clubs, or play for their national side. Wenger's good at instilling confidence in each individual.

Interesting to see how poor Van Persie was. I think a lot of Arsenal players don't perform as well either when they move to other clubs, or play for their national side. Wenger's good at instilling confidence in each individual.

What about Arshavin yesterday? Reversal.

What about Arshavin yesterday? Reversal.

Good call. I'd say he's in the minority though.

Yeah it did, put it down to exhaustion somewhat, should have had some rest already. Huntelaar should start next game.

Dropping RvP in a game against Germany that is basically win or bust would be an enormous call that they can't afford to make.

Would be class if Holland & Portugal won their next games like. Can't see the Dutch getting anything against Germany based on today mind, Holland have to really go for it and I suspect Germany will just pick them off on the break.

Tulips & Windmills 0-1 Lego & Bacon.

Therefore a fair result.

You could also add:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__WpeLbh9NxQ/SPzHCKLWsFI/AAAAAAAABu4/1tVs7cmqxr8/s400/p%C3%B6lse.jpg

That's French silly.

As danish as it gets!  Awesome result....so happy. can we go through? why not :frantic:

Van Persie's form dropped in the last couple months with Arsenal, imho.

Yeah it did, put it down to exhaustion somewhat, should have had some rest already. Huntelaar should start next game.

Yeah he isn't used to being fit for a whole season.  Glass princess.

Would be class if Holland & Portugal won their next games like. Can't see the Dutch getting anything against Germany based on today mind, Holland have to really go for it and I suspect Germany will just pick them off on the break.

One good thing about yesterday is the knockout stages of the tournament have now officially started for us. Four years ago we were on fire in the first two group matches, than laid back and played the second string in the third and were promptly knocked out in the QF. Very disappointing result yesterday, but I do expect the lads to come out fighting next Wednesday. Can't even afford a draw now; must win vs the tournament favourites.. :suicide:

If I was Dutch I'd be a lot more worried if my team hadn't created anything yesterday, whereas it was purely down to bad finishing from players who you wouldn't expect that of. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they beat both Germany and Portugal.

If I was Dutch I'd be a lot more worried if my team hadn't created anything yesterday, whereas it was purely down to bad finishing from players who you wouldn't expect that of. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they beat both Germany and Portugal.

Say that to Portugal.

I have an odd feeling Spain v Germany will be a good game actually. Early goal for Italy will spring Spain into attacking a lot. Bit like two good attacking teams of germany and portugal producing a terrible game, vice-versa must be true! Also I'm willing to bet Italy will win.

I have an odd feeling Spain v Germany will be a good game actually. Early goal for Italy will spring Spain into attacking a lot. Bit like two good attacking teams of germany and portugal producing a terrible game, vice-versa must be true! Also I'm willing to bet Italy will win.

Last 30mins of Germ vs Port was great IMO.

We've had some good variety so far, the Russian demolition, the controversial decisions, the danish upset and the slow burner last night.

All 4 have been enjoyable in their own way, hoping for more of this throughout the tournament.

All 4 have been enjoyable in their own way, hoping for more of this throughout the tournament.

Wait until England turn up. We'll suck the excitement out of it all.

Was thinking exactly that as I was typing.

Today we should have a good game just down to the quality of the two teams, tonight we should see how well Ireland can defend, which they'll be doing all night and defending for their lives, if they do it then great performance from them, if not it should be fun to watch the second demolition of the tournament.

Yeah, surprised by the entertainment on show so far. Considering it's the worst group to look at on paper, i thought the games on Friday night were both excellent.

Seriously disappointed with the Dutch. Totally uninspiring.

Yeah, surprised by the entertainment on show so far. Considering it's the worst group to look at on paper, i thought the games on Friday night were both excellent.

Seriously disappointed with the Dutch. Totally uninspiring.

I'm disappointed by the result (obviously), but I don't think the football was that bad, apart from the defending which was s**** as expected. On another day we could have had four or five and nobody would have bat an eyelid.. Quite intrigued to find out what this squad is really made from now the going's got tough.

Robben and Van Persie in particular had absolute shockers. The former was utterly predictable every time - cut inside, shoot, nowhere near. The latter for whatever reason looked totally bereft of confidence in front of goal. Sneijder on the other hand looked dangerous and far and away the best Dutch player.

I also think it would be incredibly naive for them to simply blame poor finishing and a couple of strong penalty appeals (which, fwiw, were penalties). Why the hell did they line up with both De Jong and Van Bommel? Countless times they were trying to attack and, predictably, no support whatsoever from them. They were making things very difficult for themselves in that respect.

While the stats would tell you total Dutch domination, I certainly didn't see a game where there were loads of close misses and fantastic saves. The Danish keeper in reality had very little to do. A lot of those shots were purely hopeful and without much purpose. Denmark were actually comfortable for decent periods in the game.