Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

I'm not even feeling that sad after having lost that tbh. I know our next games are all very winnable and if we do that, there's no reason at all why we can't get back into the running for a top 4 spot.

Only thing that I worry about is the loss of Coloccini and Taylor.

In recent season we would have fallen apart without 2 key players that they both surely are - real test for Pardew now once again.

I'm not even feeling that sad after having lost that tbh. I know our next games are all very winnable and if we do that, there's no reason at all why we can't get back into the running for a top 4 spot.

Only thing that I worry about is the loss of Coloccini and Taylor.

In recent season we would have fallen apart without 2 key players that they both surely are - real test for Pardew now once again.

before that run of 3 games, i said i'd be happy with a point, albeit i expected it to come from chelsea...although i'm happy with a point, i'm devostated at the injuries....main reason we're doing so well is our solid back line and they're both out, it's a killer and it's made the next run of games more daunting and less 'winnable' imo

as you say, massive test for Pardew...be interesting to see next weeks line-up.

big test for the players as well, played excellent all season high on confidence...thats took a knock now so hope they keep their heads up

has pardew called for him to be sacked ?. shows how small time we are when we don't call for stuff like this but ignore it when it goes in our favour.

He implied the linesman was to blame and stated that he thought they should all be professionals, like referees.

How could the linesman be to blame? The ref gave the freekick, he just somehow decided Ba wasn't going to score. Just a basic error of judgement isn't it?

I think the implication was that the linesman could/should have informed the referee that Ba was easily capable of controlling that ball - the ref has said that he gave a yellow because he didn't think he would have. The linesman would have had the perfect view to judge.

I'd love to know who started the applause cause I heard one person randomly clap to my right and then it started a knock on effect.. The announcer was like whoa wait for the whistle but everyone just ignored him.

I'd love to know who started the applause cause I heard one person randomly clap to my right and then it started a knock on effect.. The announcer was like whoa wait for the whistle but everyone just ignored him.

I find it really hard sometimes to make out what anouncers are saying. 

sounded to me like it started somewhere in the region of the leazes/milburn stand corner

Now that the dust has settled, we have to accept that we cannot moan too much about the Luiz decision, given the highly fortunate decision we got at Old Teafford. Annoying though that it was evened out so quickly!

Seen the game 3 times now, unfuckingbelievable, so unlucky in many ways! Depressing in the way we lost the game and the injurys on top of that. Raylor and Obertan.. Some people saying that Cabaye hasn't been any good lately are wrong imo. Might not had many offensive runs (Tiote injured) or shots but still high quality in spraying the ball around and works very hard, same with Guthrie who has impressed me alot lately, not rocket science that we aren't as strong defensively centrally without Tiote, but the both of them have done very well and are so confident and calm with the ball at their feet.

Would love to see these two with Tiote in a 3-man midfield with Santon and another quality fullback bombing forward overlapping on the flanks. That should see us have ALOT of posession (Obertan nowhere near the pitch)

Guest hobshobs

Disappointing result.

Our wingers and full backs are absolutely useless.

Ryan Taylor got absolutely no help defending from Gay Boy Peter. How Lovenkrands gets anywhere near the first team is something I cannot understand. Just hides all the time. No doubt he'll get a lovely big extended contract like that other useless excuse for a footballer Ameobi. Soon as the team was announced you know you're playing with 10 men.

Ryan Taylor gets plenty of help from Jonas and still manages to look useless. Can't blame Lovenkrands for not being able to protect him, he was simply picked for a position he's ludicrously unsuited to - at any level of football, let alone the EPL.