Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

Ah, the referees favouring the big teams again. Such a thoughtful analysis.

Can a referee ever get it wrong without being a cheat or a bottler? Only when we benefit, clearly.

He bottled the decision. But I don't think it had anything to do with Chelsea per se. If the roles were reversed, I don't think he would have sent our man off either. There is absolutely no excuse or reason he could give to justify his decision (or lack thereof). Getting the decision wrong would have meant him waving the play on. He pulled up the play for a foul, correctly adjudging Luiz had brought down Ba who was clean through etc....

But there is an excuse/justification. He thinks Ba won't get on the end of that pass, and therefore it's a cynical foul but not a goalscoring opportunity, hence the yellow.

That's not to say that he's right, just that he does have a justification.

How the fuck would Ba not have been on control of that pass, it was right into his path. Joke.

One touch to take it wide of the goalkeeper and another to slide it in. The pass and run were perfect. Ludicrous decision, just like last week.

How the f*** would Ba not have been on control of that pass, it was right into his path. Joke.

One touch to take it wide of the goalkeeper and another to slide it in. The pass and run were perfect. Ludicrous decision, just like last week.

This is Ba, not the Brazilian Ronaldo. First touch out of play for a goalkick, the next touch would be Ba's head hitting the ground as he falls over.

Can a referee ever get it wrong without being a cheat or a bottler? Only when we benefit, clearly.

He bottled the decision. But I don't think it had anything to do with Chelsea per se. If the roles were reversed, I don't think he would have sent our man off either. There is absolutely no excuse or reason he could give to justify his decision (or lack thereof). Getting the decision wrong would have meant him waving the play on. He pulled up the play for a foul, correctly adjudging Luiz had brought down Ba who was clean through etc....

But there is an excuse/justification. He thinks Ba won't get on the end of that pass, and therefore it's a cynical foul but not a goalscoring opportunity, hence the yellow.

Nonesense. There was millimeters in it. Not like Ba would still have had a long way to go to reach the ball, or a lot more to do to have a goalscoring chance. The ref can't take it upon himself to make assumptions, especially as his decision was so easy to make. He used that excuse to cover his ass, the wanker that he is.

How the f*** would Ba not have been on control of that pass, it was right into his path. Joke.

This is Ba, not the Brazilian Ronaldo. First touch out of play for a goalkick, the next touch would be Ba's head hitting the ground as he falls over.

???

:lol:

Whatever.

www.mikedeanfans.com/forum

Absolutley abysmal, I didn't understand it not being red at the game, I understand it less watching it back. What a bent cunt of a ref, at lest he followed it up with a whole host of other poor decisions. Tosspot.

On a seperate note, what a bellend Sturridge is, surprised he didn't get his head caught in the tunnel the prick.

Absolutley abysmal, I didn't understand it not being red at the game, I understand it less watching it back. What a bent cunt of a ref, at lest he followed it up with a whole host of other poor decisions. Tosspot.

On a seperate note, what a bellend Sturridge is, surprised he didn't get his head caught in the tunnel the prick.

There was one shocking dive on the wing in the first half. Absolute arse.

Daft cunt can't shoot either.

Sturridge really needs to improve his finishing, it's not the first time I've seen him be very wasteful.

he'll justify himself by saying that, all the while knowing it was wrong.

i think it had as much to do with the timing of it, you know what refs are like for giving big decisions like that too early, had it happened 10mins later, who knows ?