Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Just seen the highlights and that Luiz non-red card is still as ridiculous as it was at st james'. Mike Dean bottled it completely

Obviously injuries and that aside, I find myself desperately longing for the next match. The ridiculous non-red card only adds to that, but I'm just really enjoying watching us play these days, especially knowing we've got a decent chance of winning each week.

Yup, feels great.

Just got in. We didn't deserve to lose by that 3-0 scoreline like.

What I can say is we gave 100% to the cause, the lack of cutting edge from either wing was worrying mind (bar Lovenkrands' run). Our left wing was completely exposed in the first half, Sturridge pretty much destroyed Raylor on every occasion. Raylor did better in the second half though.

What was also encouraging was the centre of midfield. The fact that I don't remember Lampard and Mata doing much speaks volumes.

Oh, David Luiz should have got sent off, the ref (prick) completely bottled it. Still can't believe that he only got a yellow card.

Stand-out players were Krul, Saylor and Guthrie. Hope the injury to Coloccini isn't too serious, not looking good for Saylor :(

Obviously injuries and that aside, I find myself desperately longing for the next match. The ridiculous non-red card only adds to that, but I'm just really enjoying watching us play these days, especially knowing we've got a decent chance of winning each week.

not me, right now i want the norwich game called off at least long enough to get colo back and maybe tiote.

Snow is overdue but we're not that lucky. Or Boro.

i tend to judge clubs by their fans and after talking to a couple today i have a bit more respect for chelsea. as said elsewhere they were going to lay a tribute for gary speed. he was about my age and we got talking about past games, he was saying about being marched along the motorway, to and from the station in the 80's etc, how he'd been up for anything when it happened but didn't look for it and how newcastle was his favourite away day. his partner, a yorkshire lass, only started going to away games after he came back from the game here last season and he couldnt shut up about the snowball fight outside rosies.

i tend to judge clubs by their fans and after talking to a couple today i have a bit more respect for chelsea. as said elsewhere they were going to lay a tribute for gary speed. he was about my age and we got talking about past games, he was saying about being marched along the motorway, to and from the station in the 80's etc, how he'd been up for anything when it happened but didn't look for it and how newcastle was his favourite away day. his partner, a yorkshire lass, only started going to away games after he came back from the game here last season and he couldnt shut up about the snowball fight outside rosies.

They used to go to Manors I think.

They used to go to Manors I think.

probably, makes more sense. i remember them getting marched down the central motorway

Sturridge really needs to improve his finishing, it's not the first time I've seen him be very wasteful.

It's his first full season as a regular starter so far in his career. Despite his age he's still relatively inexperienced and it showed at times today. He's only made 42 starts so far in his Senior Club career for example while his agemates (Bale and Walcott) have started 110 and 97 respectively.

Surprised he only scored 1 today as he's a far better finisher than he showed today. He was ridiculously clinical during his short spell at Bolton earlier on this year but he hasn't been able to produce that sort of form so far this season.

As for the people calling him greedy. He really isn't. So annoying how in England any player who can actually dribble with a football is automatically considered selfish.

I thought he was right to go for goal after every shot he took today bar maybe the last 5 minutes where he should have passed the ball back to Torres who was in a much better position.

Still very raw and learning an entirely different role that he's been accustomed to but he's been our best player so far this season along with Juan Mata. Ryan Taylor couldn't handle him at all today.

the biggest diffrence between france and england is how we judge players on a game

for an english man, a guy who shots ( evens if it's ut ouf target by far) and runs a lot deserves credit

i was astonished how many times pardew said that his players were "terrific" and the performance was " outstanding"

what terrific means in english?

in french, it means like ronaldo against manchester or pelé in the world cup 70

please pardew, stop to say these words for your players

and please tim krul, give the ball fast going forward, why you always wait to shoot a long ball on an hazardous face???

tim krul best player of newcasle

It's his first full season as a regular starter so far in his career. Despite his age he's still relatively inexperienced and it showed at times today. He's only made 42 starts so far in his Senior Club career for example while his agemates (Bale and Walcott) have started 110 and 97 respectively.

Surprised he only scored 1 today as he's a far better finisher than he showed today. He was ridiculously clinical during his short spell at Bolton earlier on this year but he hasn't been able to produce that sort of form so far this season.

As for the people calling him greedy. He really isn't. So annoying how in England any player who can actually dribble with a football is automatically considered selfish.

I thought he was right to go for goal after every shot he took today bar maybe the last 5 minutes where he should have passed the ball back to Torres who was in a much better position.

Still very raw and learning an entirely different role that he's been accustomed to but he's been our best player so far this season along with Juan Mata. Ryan Taylor couldn't handle him at all today.

If I could have one Chelsea player I'd want Sturridge.

Guest Heneage

I appreciate you're probably a lovely chap Blue Celery, but I have a genuine distaste for Chelsea, so little to like about them.