Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

James Linnington - hasnt he ref'ed us and fucked up before?

Was the WBA away cup game. Mick Lowes and Supermac were calling for the players to walk off the pitch on BBC Newcastle such was the blatant bias of his officiating.

James Linnington - hasnt he ref'ed us and fucked up before?

Was the WBA away cup game. Mick Lowes and Supermac were calling for the players to walk off the pitch on BBC Newcastle such was the blatant bias of his officiating.

Did Macdonald do a BBC match? Must have missed that one. It's normally Anderson and cup matches are shit to get a stream for so I have to use Plan B and go to radio. As are Championship games so next season will be a fucker. :(

At least we won't have these bunch of c***s refereeing is next season.

They do still ref now and again in the Championship you'll be afraid to hear.

Madley named as Championship play off final referee.

Should be worth a watch just to see how he really fucks it up

At least we won't have these bunch of c***s refereeing is next season.

They do still ref now and again in the Championship you'll be afraid to hear.

Madley named as Championship play off final referee.

Should be worth a watch just to see how he really fucks it up

I wouldn't be surprised if he declared the wrong team as the winner.

• 1 month later...

It's about time. Should have happened 15-20 years ago.

Other sportsmen have shown it is possible to not call the referee a 'cheating cunt' when he gives a decision against you.

First few weeks of the season should be right laugh if they enforce this strictly

Shouldn't go as far as rugby where you're not even allowed to appeal for a decision, but hopefully if they enforce it it'll stop Chelsea/Man U etc crowding the referee all the time.

Shouldn't go as far as rugby where you're not even allowed to appeal for a decision, but hopefully if they enforce it it'll stop Chelsea/Man U etc crowding the referee all the time.

Why not? When have you ever seen a referee reverse a decision following an appeal from a player? It literally never happens so the players might as well suck it up and get on with the game.

Why not? When have you ever seen a referee reverse a decision following an appeal from a player? It literally never happens so the players might as well suck it up and get on with the game.

I've seen referees consult with linesmen when players have appealed before. Rugby is fucking shit and the fans get so high and mighty because the players are so "polite", even though they gouge each others eyeballs out whenever they fancy.

I like the addition of specific scenarios that require a Red or Yellow card.  Judging the level of Dissent and when it's time for a card is always a balancing act between giving the card (and the post match assessment of the decision).  Hopefully these specific scenarios bring it more into line with the "removing a shirt in celebration" style definition where the Did they/Didn't they aspect is no longer in doubt.

It still needs a great deal of backing up from the league (post game) when the referee correctly cards/dismisses a player.

I would like to see the referee mic'd live so that the players (and the ref) are heard on TV.  Would soon stop the language/dissent when the clubs get fined by the broadcasters for F*Bombs

Nice to see the footballing authorities confirm they're going to start enforcing rules that were already in place and have been for a long time. Well done them.

I won't hold my breath on them enforcing it when it comes to players from man utd, city etc but fully expect a hull city/burnley/boro player being sent off for daring to contradict what rooney decided the decision was going to be.

Nice to see the footballing authorities confirm they're going to start enforcing rules that were already in place and have been for a long time. Well done them.

I won't hold my breath on them enforcing it when it comes to players from man utd, city etc but fully expect a hull city/burnley/boro player being sent off for daring to contradict what rooney decided the decision was going to be.

Sounds about right. Considering what we heard a couple of years ago about referees being specifically told not to 'spoil the show', there's not a chance this new stuff will make a difference to the big clubs.

Still not going stop a thick meathead trying to punch your head in on a Sunday morning, because you happen to have given a foul against him for a head high studs up tackle, that nearly took a players head off.

• 3 weeks later...