Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

There's no doubt Liverpool were cheated out of a legitimate goal. And I do mean cheated. No way was that an error. It was blatant cheating.

Having said that I was over the moon when it was chalked off because Klopp is an up his own arse maniac who generally gets so many dubious decisions his way because officials don;t seem to want to be on the end of his maniac out bursts.

Let's change this around.

If Tottenham had that same goal chalked off and Klopp was asked what he thought, he'd likely play it down and not give a flying puck.

Regardless of it being LIverpool though, the bigger picture is simply, the people in charge of VAR and ref's should be under no illusions from this point on, about the scrutiny they are under and the eyes will be on the cheating in all games.

Most of the bigger teams get the rub of the green with many of the so called smaller clubs getting the rough end. We we're generally cheated on far too many occasions until Staveley and co got stuck into the bias against Newcastle and now we seem to get a better end of the deal.

However, it shouldn't be about anyone getting the better deals. It should be about all getting a fair deal with officials having to actually explain immediately any dodgy looking decisions.

Oh..and Curtis Jones's red card was justified but it wouldn't surprise me for him to get it rescinded to atone for the blatant cheating of their disallowed goal.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

:lol: didn’t go anywhere near the comments. 

There’s a thread on Spurscommunity about “what other fans are saying about us”. Some of the stuff on RAWK is just…wow.

“What other fans are saying about us” would be a good thread like. Would really stir up some hate amongst the ranks 

15 minutes ago, magvicar said:

There's no doubt Liverpool were cheated out of a legitimate goal. And I do mean cheated. No way was that an error. It was blatant cheating.

Having said that I was over the moon when it was chalked off because Klopp is an up his own arse maniac who generally gets so many dubious decisions his way because officials don;t seem to want to be on the end of his maniac out bursts.

Let's change this around.

If Tottenham had that same goal chalked off and Klopp was asked what he thought, he'd likely play it down and not give a flying puck.

Regardless of it being LIverpool though, the bigger picture is simply, the people in charge of VAR and ref's should be under no illusions from this point on, about the scrutiny they are under and the eyes will be on the cheating in all games.

Most of the bigger teams get the rub of the green with many of the so called smaller clubs getting the rough end. We we're generally cheated on far too many occasions until Staveley and co got stuck into the bias against Newcastle and now we seem to get a better end of the deal.

However, it shouldn't be about anyone getting the better deals. It should be about all getting a fair deal with officials having to actually explain immediately any dodgy looking decisions.

Oh..and Curtis Jones's red card was justified but it wouldn't surprise me for him to get it rescinded to atone for the blatant cheating of their disallowed goal.

well it’s not cheating. It was a hilariously bad case of miscommunication and incompetent application of a a shite system

15 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

well it’s not cheating. It was a hilariously bad case of miscommunication and incompetent application of a a shite system

I don't buy into the miscommunication bit.

Maybe the ref and linesperson can be given the benefit but not those two at the VAR post.

It's more suspect because they won;t release the audio.

32 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Maybe the ref and linesperson can be given the benefit but not those two at the VAR post.

Have they said they won't release the audio? Liverpool barely asked for it a day ago.

Not to mention I'm sure multiple commentators have stated they get a feed from VAR and their recounting tallies up with the miscommunication line? Can't imagine Gary Neville of all people would keep his mouth shut if he heard blatant cheating. 

You'll find more than enough heated match thread posts from me ranting about 'rigged' and 'corrupt' but with a clear head, it's clear most of it is really subconscious bias towards the 'big' team rather than genuine corruption. Obviously it's still not acceptable. But the idea Liverpool were purposely 'cheated' is particularly outlandish considering they're probably the biggest benefactors of refereeing cock ups. Why would they decide to do it to them just once at random, knowing they're the biggest crybabies in the league and would never let it lie? :lol:

Sorry this is a needlessly long reply but I can't abide the idea they were genuinely 'cheated' rather than it being a common error, because that would imply they have just cause to feel like a genuine victim and they can fuck off with that shite when every other club gets fucked over enough times. :lol:

1 hour ago, magvicar said:

You genuinely think someone made a conscious decision to cheat Liverpool out of a goal, in front of millions of people? You really think that?

you think it’s less likely that there’s a level of incompetence in the game?

quite a claim. Nonsense, but still…

5 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

I can't believe they don't say "goal" or "no goal" at all. :lol: Feels like the final decision should be made pretty clear at some point.

Its like radio commentators who don’t say goal and it’s about 20 seconds later than you actually find out someone actually scored

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

When he says 'the game has restarted there's nowt we can do' I reckon they should have had the balls to say fuck the laws we need to give them this goal. Surely they would have gained some integrity back instead of the shitshow that followed 

If they'd done that it would have meant a replay.

12 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Honest mistake.  

- Improve language around decisions

- change the rule that once the game has started they cannot go back (in extreme cases)

- release all audio for all decisions on the day

Move on.

I still think that improving the language or procedures won't change anything if the ref is always in a rush to restart the game. The new rule on added time just isn't compatible with implementing a proper VAR check. 

The initial mistake is one anyone could make. The real fuck up is Darren England's bizarre refusal to right it on the basis of "oh no, Spurs have taken a few kick and 5 seconds has elapsed, we can't possibly go back now"

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

The initial mistake is one anyone could make. The real fuck up is Darren England's bizarre refusal to right it on the basis of "oh no, Spurs have taken a few kick and 5 seconds has elapsed, we can't possibly go back now"

In the laws of the game i'm not sure you're allowed to (Which is stupid fwiw), this is from IFAB:

The use of VARs in football matches is based on a number of principles, all of which must apply in every match using VARs.

10. If play has stopped and been restarted, the referee may not undertake a ‘review’ except for a case of mistaken identity or for a potential sending-off offence relating to violent conduct, spitting, biting or extremely offensive, insulting and/or abusive action(s).

1 minute ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

I still think that improving the language or procedures won't change anything if the ref is always in a rush to restart the game. The new rule on added time just isn't compatible with implementing a proper VAR check. 

Agreed.  Give them some time.  If it was ruled a goal they would had far longer to make the decision.  

One thing I am glad about, is that its a Champions League week, which should hopefully take this story out of the lime-light, I couldn't be doing with this being the main story for an entire week, and Liverpool fans continually being entitled pricks.