Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

All those soft Old Trafford pens and marginal decisions your way from the Fergie era coming home to roost, more like.

Looks like it. That's 5 shockers against us so far this season, usually at 0-0 when we've been in the ascendancy. 

VAR has killed the game. Refs are too inconsistent. 

4 Arsenal players asking for a card on Burn early doors and about 5 or 6 Arsenal players surround the ref booting off after our goal... No cards given.

Havertz borderline red tackle on Longstaff, NUFC players appeal to the referee... Three yellows for dissent.

It's a fucking disgrace. If we get a fine for too many yellows today I hope we mail it to PGMOL in pennies and let Tindall park a turd in there for good measure.

1 minute ago, JCONA said:

Delete VAR. Problem solved.

It's not though, is it? We then go back to the days of blatant penalties being waved away, linesmen giving shit offside decisions etc. Can you not remember this happening to us week after week?

"Problem solved" is getting competent people to operate as VAR.

Linesmen used to be decent mostly other than the odd thing. The 'luck' of it goes both ways and evens out in the end- Shearer scored 45 times for us from the spot. But at least we don't have these bollocks delays. 

We got a goal today and more people on the tele are saying it was wrong than right.. so what has it even solved? 

8 minutes ago, JCONA said:

Linesmen used to be decent mostly other than the odd thing. The 'luck' of it goes both ways and evens out in the end- Shearer scored 45 times for us from the spot. But at least we don't have these bollocks delays. 

We got a goal today and more people on the tele are saying it was wrong than right.. so what has it even solved? 

:lol: absolutely not the case at all.

And the luck does not "even out" - we went about 4 and a half PL seasons without an opponent being sent off against us FFS between 2014 and 2019. 

18 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm showing my ignorance here but wasn't Gordon offside because there was only the defender between him and the goal? 

Clearly I don't know the offside rule [emoji38]

Onside because he was behind the player who played the ball to him (Joelinton) 

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm showing my ignorance here but wasn't Gordon offside because there was only the defender between him and the goal? 

Goalkeeper isn't the defacto last player, defender played Gordon on as Gordon was between the GK and last opposition player (the defender) before the goal and the ball wasn't played forward

Edited by OCK

Spineless fucker. Watched that and let it go with only a yellow, that's fucking dreadful refereeing. Ball on the touchline, nothing to be gained by winning that tackle and Havertz saw it as an opportunity to smash Longstaff and could have broken an ankle or leg with the tackle. 

As soon as players see that type tackle not being given the correct punishment then they start trying to settle things up themselves because they don't trust the ref to do it, it shouldn't happen but it does. Not condoning Bruno for the elbow, that was bang out of order but if Atwell does his job properly then the Bruno incident never happens.   

Think this has been the first time we've been on the good end of one of these "Controversial" decisions, that seems to get everyone talking, ala, the offside for Liverpool against Spurs. And I have to say, its fucking glorious to see all the salty tears, @leffe186 this what it felt like after the Liverpool game? :lol:

He bottled the Havertz sending off and VAR did nothing to help

He then compounded things by booking three of our players and as a result he set the tone of the match, that was completely on him

Bruno should have been sent off (not bothered since Havertz wasn't) but I reckon VAR doesn't intervene as they know Havertz should have gone

As for the goal, don't envy the officials, there was a lot to unpick, just glad it was in our favour

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

The ball went backwards, the ball has to go forwards for it to be offside.