Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 minutes ago, buzz said:

Can you say at this point that VAR is providing more good then bad? Just abolish the whole thing. 

It’s not really VAR that’s the problem, it’s the monkeys watching the screens.

Just now, joeyt said:

If that's a handball (it isn't) then surely Skriniar should have been sent off for his handball in the first half

Indeed, that one was even first contact with the arm rathe then off the chest first. Ludicrous. VAR can fuck right off and the ref can too

Literally made up new rules to give that pen. Obvious deflection from his body, and how is that an obvious error in the first place that needs intervention. Has there actually been an incident when the ref has stuck with his original decision after a crappy var call.

Edited by pubteam

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

If the literal best referee in the World gives that, then we have no hope as a sport going forward :lol: 

If he's the best referee in the world it must be because he goes to the monitor when he's told like a good little boy.

Edited by wormy

11 minutes ago, Pata said:

It’s not really VAR that’s the problem, it’s the monkeys watching the screens.

Those monkeys will always be there fucking it up though. Might as well just let the match officials fuck it up. VAR has ruined things completely imo

Edited by OpenC

Tbh the deflection is completely irrelevant. Deflection or not it's accidental handball so should only penalised if the player:

"touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised" - https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#direct-free-kick

I think his arm is in a perfectly normal position considering he's running, arms do go up and down then, but that's why it was judged a foul. Pretty bad decision for me, but then I am quite biased!

Felt like it wasn't even going to be reviewed until all the PSG players circled the ref.

Not sure why only Ramos got a yellow. They were all as bad as each other.

Edited by Conjo

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Felt like it wasn't even going to be reviewed until all the PSG players circled the ref.

Not sure why only Ramos got a yellow. They were all as bad as each other.

Tbh as soon as it happened I was waiting for a review. Just felt written in the stars that they were gagging to give the first thing they could. 

Just now, pubteam said:

The officials should be forced to explain their decisions when they make such a massive call like that, especially when they have decided to completely rip up the rule book. 

"I was told it was best for the product to have the best player in the world part of the latter stages of the cup, so should make the decision in PSGs favor" doesn't sound so nice when it is said out loud, in public.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Maybe I'm imagining it but did the ref stop a continuation of play for one of the other penalty calls for VAR to confirm it wasn't just because there were so many PSG players surrounding him? Effectively rewarding their snidey behaviour [emoji38]

Yeah. He just randomly stopped play when we were in possession to check for them.

9 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Those monkeys will always be there fucking it up though. Might as well just let the match officials fuck it up. VAR has ruined things completely imo

If that gets given on field then we have a bit of a whinge but we accept it and move on. 

The fact that it's given after the footage has been reviewed is just awful.