Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Aye, wtf is going on?

22:54

Late drama

Bayern Munich 0-0 Copenhagen

Referee Stephanie Frappart awards a penalty to Bayern Munich after believing the ball bounced up on to the arm of Peter Ankersen.

It's so similar to the incident last night when Newcastle's Tino Livramento gave away a penalty against Paris St-Germain.

However, this time VAR tell the referee to take a look and she overturns her initial on-field decision.

Only thing I'd disagree with is the similarity to Livramento's, it's nothing like it. Not the type of pen I like to see given, but not really controversial and within 'seen them given' territory. VAR shouldn't have intervened imo.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Aye, wtf is going on?

22:54

Late drama

Bayern Munich 0-0 Copenhagen

Referee Stephanie Frappart awards a penalty to Bayern Munich after believing the ball bounced up on to the arm of Peter Ankersen.

It's so similar to the incident last night when Newcastle's Tino Livramento gave away a penalty against Paris St-Germain.

However, this time VAR tell the referee to take a look and she overturns her initial on-field decision.

It wasn't even similar, the ball hit the body and the top of the arm at the same time, whereas ours clearly hit the chest before hitting the elbow. Total corruption and at least the ref tonight had the bottle to make the right decision

10 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

You must be so perfect at your job.

Well what do you suggest? Do we just keep going allowing colossal fuck ups with no consequences.

I did mention if it's proved to be a complete fuck up.

I actually feel sorry for those lads grafting their arses off last night to be cheated out of a result, I feel sorry for Gary O'Neil having to be careful what he says incase he gets fined while arseholes who make the fuck ups sit back unpunished. 

Obviously I know the job reffing is totally challenging, and nobody is perfect, but if it's reviewed and deemed to be a piss poor, rather than demote a ref for a game here or there hit them with the removal of their match bonuses. 

Harsh yes, but so are the things I've mentioned, and them refs won't give a toss about the likes of O'Neil or our lads fighting to the death to be robbed.

Cheers for making an opinion personal though 👌 

Edited by mighty__mag

9 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Well what do you suggest? Do we just keep going allowing colossal fuck ups with no consequences.

I did mention if it's proved to be a complete fuck up.

I actually feel sorry for those lads grafting their arses off last night to be cheated out of a result, I feel sorry for Gary O'Neil having to be careful what he says incase he gets fined while arseholes who make the fuck ups sit back unpunished. 

Obviously I know the job reffing is totally challenging, and nobody is perfect, but if it's reviewed and deemed to be a piss poor, rather than demote a ref for a game here or there hit them with the removal of their match bonuses. 

Harsh yes, but so are the things I've mentioned, and them refs won't give a toss about the likes of O'Neil or our lads fighting to the death to be robbed.

Cheers for making an opinion personal though 👌 

Here man, give your head a shake as the idea of fining people for making mistakes is counter productive there's countless studies showing people make more mistakes when there is more pressure on them.

19 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Another hand ball VAR moment at AZ game with ref sticking to on-field decision despite going over to check screen. This refereeing of hand balls is all over the shop atm.

That's the way it should work if the on field ref thinks it's no penalty. Not giving it, if it passes all the guidelines for no penalty like the bottlejob idiot of a ref in our game did.

Edited by Bimpy474

8 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

That's the way it should work if the on field ref thinks it's no penalty. Not giving it, if it passes all the guidelines for no penalty like the bottlejob idiot of a ref in our game did.

Agreed, but begs the question why referees and VAR assistants can’t rule an incident consistently

9 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Absolutely, let the referee see the video and make the decision based on that and not just accept whatever it is that VAR thinks. Well fucking done.

7 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Agreed, but begs the question why referees and VAR assistants can’t rule an incident consistently

Yeah the inconsistency is awful, the human factor I suppose will always give some different results.

But some of the bad decisions just fly in the face of complete common sense, and just plain basic refereeing standards, that's the maddening thing for me.

9 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Here man, give your head a shake as the idea of fining people for making mistakes is counter productive there's countless studies showing people make more mistakes when there is more pressure on them.

The fact it shouldn't have been a penalty is far too clear and obvious as evidenced by every single professional who has seen it commenting as such and UEFA binning their VAR guy immediately. There is no way it's a simple mistake made under pressure. There is no excuse for such a call when the evidence to the contrary is right in front of his face in slow motion.

2 hours ago, Pata said:

Absolutely, let the referee see the video and make the decision based on that and not just accept whatever it is that VAR thinks. Well fucking done.

Part of the problem on Tuesday was he only looked at one angle for about ten seconds before deciding he couldn't wait to point to the spot.

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

Then the issue is did the ref do that in response to the debacle at our game and not wanting or being told to, not cause any more controversy.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Part of the problem on Tuesday was he only looked st one angle for about ten seconds before deciding he couldn't wait to point to the spot.

Aye, there should a rule, well a law that the onfield ref has to see all available angles before making a decision.