Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

22 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

BBC report says that the reason. So if I’ve hit the bar with a pen and I put away the rebound it’s not a goal and a free kick to the other team? 

That’s famously always been the case. Think it’s a classic “You Are The Ref” staple. Which, incidentally, could really use a reboot to help us all out tbh.

I’m a bit concerned about reffing in general after last night’s match. Going to watch it again to check, and maybe it’s just a case of “small” club at home getting kind reffing (saw that for years in Scotland), but there are some concerning patterns. 

I think they’re really running scared. The time taken to check the offside was insane. I sort of get why he didn’t give Bissouma a red immediately but giving those tackles a yellow still feels a bit like you’re waiting for VAR to help you out. But they completely ignored persistent fouling…again…and my personal pet hate, asking for yellow cards. That Yates didn’t get booked at all (and just two Forest bookings in total) is faintly bonkers. You don’t need fucking VAR to just immediately book people for that shit. It’s OK. It’s fucking mandatory.

I feel like VAR and this season so far have left refs walking on thin ice (although tbf they do occasionally jump up and down to break it). The Arteta decision just adds insult to injury, literally.

I mean perhaps they could put coming off the goal as an exception to the rule as I don't see what possible advantage there is to be gained from it but yeah you can't pass a free kick to yourself. 

Horribly unlucky like. Ref should have blowed for it straight away to prevent the rest of the play. 

Need to stop over-engineering the game and making it more complicated. I don’t even have an issue with sin bins in principle in sports but it’s just going to make football messier. If they were getting the yellows and reds right it’d be fine 

Twice yesterday an uninjured player stayed down.  Either the ref stopped play or we kicked it out.  The players got up and didn’t need treatment and carried on. 

if a player has to stay off the pitch for 45 seconds when they actually need treatment.  A player who stays down to force the game to be stopped should 💯 % still have to go off the pitch the 45 seconds whether they then say they need treatment or not.  

11 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Twice yesterday an uninjured player stayed down.  Either the ref stopped play or we kicked it out.  The players got up and didn’t need treatment and carried on. 

if a player has to stay off the pitch for 45 seconds when they actually need treatment.  A player who stays down to force the game to be stopped should 💯 % still have to go off the pitch the 45 seconds whether they then say they need treatment or not.  

Marco Silva was refusing the physio to come on and treat players as it would have meant they were down to 9 men

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Marco Silva was refusing the physio to come on and treat players as it would have meant they were down to 9 men

Interesting.  I presumed it was the player.  Either way I think you force the play to stop I think the "punishment" should be equal to when a physio comes on.

Whether the physio rule is right or wrong is an another debate.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Nice not to have VAR, the lino has been spot on so far with his decisions and the ref is letting loads go. 

But not sure how the ref can only give a yellow if he sees that challenge from Caicedo. Absolute shocker from the cunt. He’s surely decided to get one in early. Knowing there is no VAR? Red card all day long. 

Edited by Lush Vlad