Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

Such as?

Not sure if this is in reply to me,but off the top of my head...

Wigan,where he changed the shape of the game,allowed cabaye to push further on,and also dipped a shoulder and got arguably our only other shot on target in.

Man City,where he made one clear cut chance for Ba and hit post himself.

Man Utd,where he won us a penalty.

Saying 'he's been crap' as a blanket statement is badly thought out rubbish.

Such as?

Wigan,where he changed the shape of the game,allowed cabaye to push further on,and also dipped a shoulder and got arguably our only other shot on target in.

Wigans about the only game where he made a real impact.

The other games you just mentioned he was poor largely & had very little space. He hasnt looked suited to the role atall, though as has been said it makes sense to give him a chance against weaker sides there to see if theres a difference.

Fair enough answer that.

Oh, I know, fair play to the lad, but it doesn't change the fact that him at centre back for two more weeks scares me.

"Maybe", "depending on what the gaffer does". Hopefully the gaffer doesn't wait too long to play Williamson.

Like to see us bounce back in style today after the last few games, come out of the blocks flying and i think we could get a really good result against Swansea. Take a 1-0 scrappy win if needs be tho :)

I'm taking 2-1 and 3-1 today, be nice to see us in control from the off and get a good performance / result going into the Xmas slog.

he seemed okay against chelsea for me... obviously no where near the standard we've come to expect with Taylor and Colo, but not as bad as he was at the start of last season, so if Colo is fit i think he might be fine.

It isn't so much of a catastrophe until we find that he simply doesn't have the physical presence to defend properly during those key moments. Fair play to him for doing his best, but he is naturally inadequate in that position. At least he isn't fouling too much around the box so I suppose that is a plus.

Such as?

The other games you just mentioned he was poor largely & had very little space. He hasnt looked suited to the role atall, though as has been said it makes sense to give him a chance against weaker sides there to see if theres a difference.

How is winning a penalty at Old Trafford and creating the only chances at Emirates no impact? I'm not saying he was man of the match ffs.

Such as?

How is winning a penalty at Old Trafford and creating the only chances at Emirates no impact? I'm not saying he was man of the match ffs.

The penalty is easy to argue against as should be obvious, a corner in 80 minutes or so is not impact.

Against city his best work was the BA chance. He did well for his chance ofc, but it came via a big defensive error & we barely got him into the game outside of that.

Dont see much point arguing that hes been effective in that role.

:lol: He still won the penalty through pro-active running with the ball, whether rightly given or not. We can dissect it all day and opinions will be different. The fact is though I was arguing that he wasn't 'crap' in all the games. I've seen him be effective in that role, that's all i'm saying, people obviously see different things.

:lol: He still won the penalty through pro-active running with the ball, whether rightly given or not. We can dissect it all day and opinions will be different. The fact is though I was arguing that he wasn't 'crap' in all the games. I've seen him be effective in that role, that's all i'm saying, people obviously see different things.

Only seems worth arguing against if you've a strong opinion against it, think its hard to have one at this point.

He's little use in that role if we can barely get him into the game without def/ref mistakes. If he starts today hopefully we will.