Newcastle United vs West Brom - 21/12/11 @ 7.45pm - Pre Match Thread

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

at the turnstiles does it show what kind of ticket it is? i've got my mates ticket for this game and we've both got junior st's (both 16) and i'm taking dad. Will he get away with it?

The turnstile lights up Orange when you put a junior ticket in the reader and lights up green when you put an adult ticket in. You can pay £10 to upgrade a junior ticket to an adult ticket 3 times a season. I've done this a couple of times for my brother in law to use my daughters ticket but know other people who don't bother and just go ahead and use the junior tickets.

Not so sure about this one, we never seem to be able to beat these for one reason or another. However what I've seen from them this season, they don't look anything special at all. I do think however it will be another frustrating affair, hopefully this time we can take our chances. 2-0 :)

Not sure about the Obertan abuse on here, i only caught the extensive highlights from saturdays game v Swansea but I felt he looked like a threat especially first half. He got some dangerous balls into the box. In actual fact he offered more than Jonas really. A major problem sat was Ba and Best making the same runs into the box. The way we played I'd be inclined to keep it the same with a replacement for cabaye ofcourse. Not sure Vuckic is ready for a start yet although we don't have no other options really! Goes to show our squad is bare thin at the moment.

Not sure about the Obertan abuse on here, i only caught the extensive highlights from saturdays game v Swansea but I felt he looked like a threat especially first half. He got some dangerous balls into the box. In actual fact he offered more than Jonas really. A major problem sat was Ba and Best making the same runs into the box. The way we played I'd be inclined to keep it the same with a replacement for cabaye ofcourse. Not sure Vuckic is ready for a start yet although we don't have no other options really! Goes to show our squad is bare thin at the moment.

1) That shows the problem with just watching highlights as they won't have shown the numerous times he gave the ball away/did something shite.

2) Vuckic is more than ready.

I can see how highlights would make Obertan look better because all of our attacks or at least whenever we had the ball down their end of the pitch it was through Obertan, Jonas did nothing

With Cheik by his side, I think it's time for Vuckic. He has ideas and wants to go forward, then let Abeid come on when he gets tired, always runs his socks off Haris.

Also, late fitness test for Ryan Taylor? About him being on the bench I'd presume. No way he can drop Santon now.

Surely Santon has nailed down the left back spot now? I was really impressed watching him live at the match on sat.

I'm more than confident that we'll see Santon starting at LB. Raylor is rumoured to be back for the WBA game but like I've said before, surely Pardew has seen the light now - Santon > Raylor.

Guest VaVaVoom

If Ryan Taylor is fit I'd start him at RW. We need someone who can cross the ball.

This.

Drop Obertan and Best for Raylor and Ben Arfa.

Dont think Raylor will start though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vuckic getting a start in this one, although I still don't think he's your traditional central midfielder. Saying that, he played well there when he came on against Leeds in pre-season, as he was dictating the game from deep, kind of like Scholes did in the later years of his career. Plus it shows the management team have confidence in him, as he's at the age now where he needs to be put his injury problems behind him and to get some competitive games under his belt.