Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Absolutely beggars belief that this lad hasn't played every minute of our season. Fucking ridiculous.

not sure if serious

i'll be totally on board if this whole thing has been a masterplan to ease him back to fitness and form and he's seen as the first name on the teamsheet from the first whistle next season, i'm just not convinced...had he not turned the game against sunderland i don't know how much game time he'd have seen before the end of the season

That's the point though isn't it Mojo,so many fans have called for him to be in the side all season and he wasn't because of 'workrate' or 'not showing enough'.the reality is pardew has spent the season judging everyone on how much they run around,not what they can offer the team.this is not going to change,his selections this season have been wrong far too often for me

Guest WashyGeordie

Says it all (and just realised) that Ben Arfa now has the same amount of goals as Best. :lol:

But he should definately start on Sunday. I'd actually keep the same team (if Tiote is fit of course)

Not bring Cisse back?

I'd bring him on at HT if we're still drawing/losing. But i'd just keep the same team, with us at home, it should be a very attacking team, and the only person to really drop is Obertan, but at the same time he has pace, and was involved in us scoring at Arsenal.

In reality Cisse probably will start though.

For now, I'd definitely start him on the right wing. As he's demonstrated on a few occasions, he can cut inside and unleash (THUNDERBASTARD) shots which can only be a good thing for us. He also has the pace, technique and vision to play an effective role out there. If need be, he can easily switch to the left wing as well (one thing I would also like to see is, Jonas and Ben Arfa interchanging positions during a game - this can work to our advantage imo).

He certainly has a massive role to play in the remaining 10 games.

Guest Howaythetoon

Let it never be said that he doesn't work hard enough or that he's a liability. he worked his socks off when off the ball and on it, not only scored but carried a threat. Pardew has robbed us of this week in week out for f***ing Taylor or Obertan. He must start every game from now until the end of the season if fit. If he doesn't Pardew will soon loose the faith of even his most ardent of fans because its becoming so blindingly f***ing obvious he has to start. On form alone even. Is he now our second highest scorer?

Guest mimifrench

He didn't even touch the ball or hardly in the second half yesterday, which is a problem, but you gave all the possession to Arsenal so...

Best position for HBA would be a FREE role up front, with minor defensive duties. With such a position, he'd be able to switch position easily. I think to give him a precise/determinate role isn't quite a good idea.

Now, the question is if Pardew will be courageous and put Ba, Cisse and Ben arfa all three up front? Normally, NUFC has nothing to fear from Norwich so it could be a good opportunity to test the system on Sunday...

He didn't even touch the ball or hardly in the second half yesterday, which is a problem, but you gave all the possession to Arsenal so...

Best position for HBA would be a FREE role up front, with minor defensive duties. With such a position, he'd be able to switch position easily. I think to give him a precise/determinate role isn't quite a good idea.

Now, the question is if Pardew will be courageous and put Ba, Cisse and Ben arfa all three up front? Normally, NUFC has nothing to fear from Norwich so it could be a good opportunity to test the system on Sunday...

4-3-HBA-2 ?

4-3-HBA-2 ?

That's the formation I would really like to see us use in the future. I really do think that we have the players to make it work. One can hope.....

Don't put him in the hole, play him as one of the front 3, each will drift wide or deep as needs and space dictate.

Hmm, that probably is a better option, now that I think about it. All his best games (in France and here) have come from a wide position so guess keeping him out wide would make sense.

Admittedly, his performances in the number 10 position have been quite underwhelming - from what we've seen, his influence is simply greater from the wing (Blackburn in the FA Cup being a key example).

Guest mimifrench

Don't put him in the hole, play him as one of the front 3, each will drift wide or deep as needs and space dictate.

Yes, that's what I meant. One of the front 3 but with no special "role", like he'd be free to move where he wants and find space...

4-3-HBA-2 ?

That's the formation I would really like to see us use in the future. I really do think that we have the players to make it work. One can hope.....

Without quality fullbacks that formation is destined to fail.

4-3-HBA-2 ?

Indeed. Hopefully summer will be a busy one for us in terms of incomings......

In terms of the full back situation, I would like to see one of the following:

- Sign a new RB and keep Santon at LB.

- Sign a new LB and move Santon to RB.

- Sign no-one but do this: Move Santon to RB and start Ferguson at LB or keep Santon at LB and start Tavernier at RB.

(I'm going to assume that Simpson is going to stay as back up btw, can see him being decent cover for a new RB/Santon).

4-3-HBA-2 ?

- Sign no-one but do this: Move Santon to RB and start Ferguson at LB or keep Santon at LB and start Tavernier at RB.

(I'm going to assume that Simpson is going to stay as back up btw, can see him being decent cover for a new RB/Santon).

I would hate to see option 3, that would be terrible

4-3-HBA-2 ?

I would hate to see option 3, that would be terrible

That option would be the last resort btw. Don't really want to see it but if we had no choice (as in, we fail to sign any of our targets and all that), I wouldn't mind seeing it....