Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I'm doing it in my head :snod:

Good practise as well tbh rusty as fuck and learning Spanish ATM is creeping in when I was speaking to a french person the other night. Gunna read a lot more of that thread when I can be fucked

To be honest it's quite comprehensible on google translate, you get to understand how they just use totally different words than what we would use, like orientation for close control, etc. Persevere through the Newcastle topic and by the end you'll understand 99% of it translated by google, I did at least.

aye but doesn't thatmean having to take each post and basically babelfish it ?  no way to translate the site ?

Use Google Chrome and it has an auto-translate button that will pop up, push that and it will translate the entire forum as you go through it.

To be honest it's quite comprehensible on google translate, you get to understand how they just use totally different words than what we would use, like orientation for close control, etc. Persevere through the Newcastle topic and by the end you'll understand 99% of it translated by google, I did at least.

aye but doesn't thatmean having to take each post and basically babelfish it ?  no way to translate the site ?

Use Google Chrome and it has an auto-translate button that will pop up, push that and it will translate the entire forum as you go through it.

done it, but i'm even reading the bugger with a french accent.

4 in the morning and that goal has still left a massive grin on my face. Only thing more unbelievable than the goal itself is that I've already seen him score a better goal live a couple months prior. Ridiculous player, he really is, love him. :aww:

I know it's been said before but for a flair player I just love his strength and willingness to keep his feet. It's actually really surprised me watching him this year. He rarely gets pushed off the ball, and that run today- there's not many players in the league that wouldn't have gone to ground at least once in an attempt to win the free kick. Not the first time it's happened, either- I don't remember ever seeing him take a dive / tumble a little too easily. He just wants to keep playing and that's such a refreshing attitude.

:smitten:

I know it's been said before but for a flair player I just love his strength and willingness to keep his feet. It's actually really surprised me watching him this year. He rarely gets pushed off the ball, and that run today- there's not many players in the league that wouldn't have gone to ground at least once in an attempt to win the free kick. Not the first time it's happened, either- I don't remember ever seeing him take a dive / tumble a little too easily. He just wants to keep playing and that's such a refreshing attitude.

:smitten:

That's the plus side of him being a greedy bastard on the ball. You could hit him with a truck but he'd still stay on his feet because he'd want to beat just one more player  :aww:

I can stop watching the goal.  On top of the unbelievable skill what makes it one of the best goals I have seen is the point in the game it was scored.  At 0-0 it won us the game.  Too many goals like this are cherry on the cake goals to make it 3/4-0.  It reminds me of the feeling when shearer scored that goal against everton.

On a side note I think, after the goal, the ref should have booked Davies and pottentially the defender at the edge of the box for their blantent hacks. 

Guest Tyson

Ferguson will have him as giggs replacement...

Managers of Ferguson's ilk have been waiting years for him to mature imho. It will be tough to keep hold of him. 7m outlay, for fractured genius in more ways than one, versus a potential 20m fee. He always had resale value, to use Mort's mantra, if he came good.

Strictly as a player he's our answer to Hazard, Gotse, Ozil etc.

Supposedly the board have always regarded him as the "crown jewels" so I guess the plan is to sell him for mega money at some point.

However, I do think he needs at least another season to prove that he has matured and to allow him to adjust further to the Premier League as he has still not played that many games.