Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He absolutely has to play wide.

do that and he's out the game too much if you mean wide in a midfield 4. playing him in a forward 3 or one of two off a lone forward gives him the opportunity to drift into space wherever it is.

Guest hatem garrincha

Poor game for Hatem who played too safe...one more time. Not a single acceleration tonight. Ok he's touched only 34 balls and France's game is on the left, but he didn't play at his level.

I doubt we'll see him again in the tournament.

Tonight, France can say a big MERCI to England.

Poor game for Hatem who played too safe...one more time. Not a single acceleration tonight. Ok he's touched only 34 balls and France's game is on the left, but he didn't play at his level.

:lol: :lol:

Thought he did well to be honest. Its more the way that France plays that makes it almost impossible for them to score. There is absolutely no presence up front to hold up the ball. Players like Hatem and Nasri are the ones making a run in behind the defence, while Benzema drops too deep or too wide. Its too predictable and easy to defend against. Giroud needs to start for sure.

Exactly, the fact the coach hasn't realised he needs a proper forward in the box is stupid. He can have as many stylish attacking midfielders as he wants, but he's not Spain, he won't win a tournament like that. Even Arsene Wenger eventually realised this.

Thought he did well to be honest. Its more the way that France plays that makes it almost impossible for them to score. There is absolutely no presence up front to hold up the ball. Players like Hatem and Nasri are the ones making a run in behind the defence, while Benzema drops too deep or too wide. Its too predictable and easy to defend against. Giroud needs to start for sure.

that was pointed out in their pre tournament friendlies, when benzema comes wide or drops deep, no-one takes that position. cabaye did for his goal but it's the first time i've seen any french player do it in about their last half dozen or so games. i was advocating benzema playing off giroud for that reason.

Guest Spiria

French paper l'Equipe says that Wenger wants Benny at Arsenal. (Since that it can seems possible).

After they say that Newcastle wants 16.9 m£ for Benny. Does Arsenal pay this price for any player ? xD

Bloody hell can see that much more than Chelsea, Wenger may well convince him he wants to build a team around him, and he'd fit right in.

Still £16m is way too low. Should be able to fight them off...right...

I suspect RVP and Gervinho will be off, and Walcott isn't much cop so can see the plan being

Giroud

Pod      Ox      HBA

Which is a pretty strong front line imo.

We shouldn't sell though, and Arsenal aren't going to offer huge over the odds money

Guest Spiria

In the article, they say that Wenger speaks to his representative, saying that he would have a major place at Arsenal. After it's just rumors, it just bothers me that it is in l'Equipe.

Guest hatem garrincha

that was pointed out in their pre tournament friendlies, when benzema comes wide or drops deep, no-one takes that position. cabaye did for his goal but it's the first time i've seen any french player do it in about their last half dozen or so games. i was advocating benzema playing off giroud for that reason.

Menez also dit it vs Ukraine in the first half and had a lot of chances that he's wasted. I thought he did it very well. But yes, the France team is suffering the lack of players who can project themselves in depth, like Remy for exemple...

Hatem is massively criticized today in the french press. Some don't hesitated to impute to him the bad game of the team.

I'm really disappointed with his game and the fact that he "hid" a bit, by his slowness or unwillingness to take risks.

Menez is the starter now in the right and he deserved it.

Guest Spiria

Menez also dit it vs Ukraine in the first half and had a lot of chances that he's wasted. I thought he did it very well. But yes, the France team is suffering the lack of players who can project themselves in depth, like Remy for exemple...

Hatem is massively criticized today in the french press. Some don't hesitated to impute to him the bad game of the team.

I'm really disappointed with his game and the fact that he "hid" a bit, by his slowness or unwillingness to take risks.

It's always the same thing. When the France did wrong and Ben arfa plays, it's always the same who is criticized. We will see what he will do against Spain, Menez. If we lose and he wastes chances, he will burn.

Guest hatem garrincha

It's always the same thing. When the France did wrong and Ben arfa plays, it's always the same who is criticized. We will see what he will do against Spain, Menez. If we lose and he wastes chances, he will burn.

He deserves the critics. he didn't bring what Blanc is waiting from him : percussion, dribbles, quickness etc. he played too deep, wasn't present in the counters attack and was often misplaced.

He wasted a big chance yesterday and I'm sorry for him. I'm convinced that he got 2 Menez in each of his toes, but the latter played better than him.