Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest neesy111

Its time to start Hatem. He's our last throw of the dice.

He's not fit enough to start games.

How do you know?

It's clearly from all the sub performances he's done in the last month.

Its time to start Hatem. He's our last throw of the dice.

He's not fit enough to start games.

How do you know?

It's clearly from all the sub performances he's done in the last month.

You mean like the 50 minutes he played on Saturday?

There's nothing at all to suggest that he couldn't play the first 60-70 minutes against West Ham.

Why not start with him and sub him at half-time or 60 min mark.  Give him clear instructions and the chance to get settled in to a game from the start and make his presence felt.  That way, who knows, we could be 2-0 up at half-time (I know, let me dream eh?!)  instead of bringing him on in matches when we're up shit creek and need a hero and just send him on to 'do his thang' which results in him trying too much himself.

would rather start him and sub if he got tired - better than asking him to come on when we're losing and expecting him to save the game single handed - doesnt do him any favours.

Tend to agree, he feels he has to try too much when he comes on late.

Maybe playing him off the striker is the best way forward. At least we would have someone near Cisse, and he wouldn't have to track back into wide positions.

None of them are fit enough anyway. It's hardly a wonder when they don't go in for training until the Monday after a game, and thats for a 'light session' before the real work starts on Tuesday. I do more training than that ffs, and work full time!

Guest VanBarduck

Ben arfa has made 31 pass ( 90% pass accuracy ) 4 long balls , all accurate , 2 trough balls all accurate , 1 Key pass and 2 succesful dribbles in 45 mins . He also made an error that lead to a goal , but he would never have if he wasn't playing out wide , he needs to play in a number 10 position behind Cissé . Marveaux on the right and Gouffran on the left wing , Sissoko and Cabaye playing as holding midfielders

Guest hatem garrincha

Ben arfa has made 31 pass ( 90% pass accuracy ) 4 long balls , all accurate , 2 trough balls all accurate , 1 Key pass and 2 succesful dribbles in 45 mins . He also made an error that lead to a goal , but he would never have if he wasn't playing out wide , he needs to play in a number 10 position behind Cissé . Marveaux on the right and Gouffran on the left wing , Sissoko and Cabaye playing as holding midfielders

bollocks

He needs to release the ball earlier for me. He tends to hog the ball unnecessarily which slows down the passing and leads to more chance of getting dispossessed. I know it's his game, but he doesn't need to overdo it.

He needs to release the ball earlier for me. He tends to hog the ball unnecessarily which slows down the passing and leads to more chance of getting dispossessed. I know it's his game, but he doesn't need to overdo it.

Only when he knows he has to win the game himself.

Guest hatem garrincha

100% agree. I hope his saturday's "error" will be a lesson for him.

perhaps if we set up to emphasise more movement from the team in general he would be encouraged to pass more, I agree.

Guest firetotheworks

I have no problem with him being ball greedy. He's clever enough to realise that whoever he passes to won't have support and will inevitably lose it.

On his day he can destroy teams like West Ham and QPR more or less on his own. He has to start now. I said it in another thread about the fans calling for him in recent games, especially against Liverpool when he turned and applauded them, you just know he's the type of player who'd be desperate to repay the fans. I think he'll be up for the next three games more than most and given his quality he could be unstoppable.

Guest hatem garrincha

Saturday, he had enough time to release the ball earlier to Taylor or MYM, before getting dispossessed by Coutinho.

I think Sissoko is guilty of that too, trying to beat to many men and running into trouble.

Sissoko only does it when he's surrounded and doesn't have any other options. He's a very good at quick passing if the players are there. Look at how he was inter-linking with Gouffran when they first arrived.

I think Sissoko is guilty of that too, trying to beat to many men and running into trouble.

Sissoko only does it when he's surrounded and doesn't have any other options. He's a very good at quick passing if the players are there. Look at how he was inter-linking with Gouffran when they first arrived.

TRUE.. This reminds me of what it was like with Parker, him on the ball doing 360's looking for an option and no fker was showing, no movement nothing. All waiting for each other to create something.

Parker just loves spinning around though.

Parker still does this now at Spurs. Nowt to do with lack of movement. He just loves a pivot. Must have been a netball player in his youth.