Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Clearly unfit. I'm also doubtful about Pardew's claims that his scar tissue will be perfectly OK without surgery.

Imagine that. Been the icing on the cake if Pardew was sacked and then it shows that he's been overusing an unfit Benny and his career is over.

Clearly unfit. I'm also doubtful about Pardew's claims that his scar tissue will be perfectly OK without surgery.

So you surgically remove scar tissue.....which, when it heals...forms....scar tissue!!

Imagine that. Been the icing on the cake if Pardew was sacked and then it shows that he's been overusing an unfit Benny and his career is over.

He wouldn't be allowed to do that surely. Also, Ben Arfa wouldn't play if he felt it was impossible.

He is rusty. He tried to beat too many players and didn't release the ball when he needed to. Having said that, most of our players stood around watching him. They obviously assumed Hatem would beat the 3 players he was taking on. He looked better against Benifca than he did today but I'm putting that down to most of our players being poor today.

He is rusty. He tried to beat too many players and didn't release the ball when he needed to. Having said that, most of our players stood around watching him. They obviously assumed Hatem would beat the 3 players he was taking on. He looked better against Benifca than he did today but I'm putting that down to most of our players being poor today.

It wasn't just when Hatem had the ball, it was all of the time, we're clueless.

TBF, Pardew will be taking professional advice regarding Benny's fitness. Won't he?

Was lively when he first came on. Forgot how much he can frustrate sometimes by giving the simple ball miles too late (did it once when he pinged a ball out to Marv when he could have given it 10 seconds earlier), but he's still a magician.

Once the game was dead it was difficult for him though as it was pretty much up to him to score a worldy, or nothing would happen.

Do wish he was more direct at times though.

I am absolutely FUCKING SICK of seeing our players standing still when Ben Arfa has the ball. Fucking move you sackless cunts! Exploit the space, give the man some fucking options!

Same thing happens to a lesser extent with Marveaux. Been going on for far too long now, add it to the list of clear problems Pardew has failed to address.

Guest bimpy474

It's not a problem Pardew hasn't addressed Dave, He can't address a problem he can't see because he not good enough to see it. It's something he can't teach, his football isn't forward thinking, with passing and movement.

He is proving to be so limited it's ridiculous.

I am absolutely FUCKING SICK of seeing our players standing still when Ben Arfa has the ball. Fucking move you sackless cunts! Exploit the space, give the man some fucking options!

Same thing happens to a lesser extent with Marveaux. Been going on for far too long now, add it to the list of clear problems Pardew has failed to address.

Keegan used to practice 5-aside football just to get movement and one touch passing instilled in the team. It was old fashioned, but still light years ahead of what Pardew does IMO.

Left a bitter taste in my mouth seeing him cracking on with one of their players on the pitch after the full time whistle. Also noticed Cabaye go out if his way to shake the same guys hand at the start if the second half. Howay man, not when we're playing these lot and getting hammered.

edit - it was NDiaye

Left a bitter taste in my mouth seeing him cracking on with one of their players on the pitch after the full time whistle. Also noticed Cabaye go out if his way to shake the same guys hand at the start if the second half. Howay man, not when we're playing these lot and getting hammered.

edit - it was NDiaye

Yeah saw that, I am not one of these "should be locked in the house crying for a week!" types but after such a abysmal defeat the players shouldn't be laughing and joking on the pitch while the fans are distraught.

edit - it was NDiaye

Yeah saw that, I am not one of these "should be locked in the house crying for a week!" types but after such a abysmal defeat the players shouldn't be laughing and joking on the pitch while the fans are distraught.

Me neither mate. Just shows a complete lack of awareness of what the game means imo.

I thought Ben Arfa did as well as he could today, there's only so much he can do. Fact is, his teammates slack off because they expect Hatem to do everything. It's embarrassing to watch, actually.

Mix of both. Don't think it's fair to slag HBA off, but at the same time Hatem and his teammates expect him to do everything sometimes. But like Dave said, there was no movement with our players and when HBA has the ball everyone just stands and looks at him.

I thought Ben Arfa did as well as he could today, there's only so much he can do. Fact is, his teammates slack off because they expect Hatem to do everything. It's embarrassing to watch, actually.

Mix of both. Don't think it's fair to slag HBA off, but at the same time Hatem and his teammates expect him to do everything sometimes. But like Dave said, there was no movement with our players and when HBA has the ball everyone just stands and looks at him.

you reckon ? they just sat back, he had no answer, in fact often held on to the ball when we had a man out wide. all too late anyway.