Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-persevere-hatem-ben-arfa-1872757

"Ben Arfa has been struggling. This hamstring has a slight weakness in there and it won't even be strong I don't think for six, seven weeks.

"We got a great level of fitness out of him in terms of that particular problem. He was terrific at West Ham, and he's a match winner. We've been bringing him on in the second half but started him at the weekend and we missed him when we took him off. We missed that little thrust.

"I think for Hatem another week's work will get him closer. Goal scoring is what wins games, we've got to improve that area for next week, including with Hatem."

Jack Flash. :lol:.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-persevere-hatem-ben-arfa-1872757

"Ben Arfa has been struggling. This hamstring has a slight weakness in there and it won't even be strong I don't think for six, seven weeks.

"We got a great level of fitness out of him in terms of that particular problem. He was terrific at West Ham, and he's a match winner. We've been bringing him on in the second half but started him at the weekend and we missed him when we took him off. We missed that little thrust.

"I think for Hatem another week's work will get him closer. Goal scoring is what wins games, we've got to improve that area for next week, including with Hatem."

Jack Flash. :lol:.

You're trusting Pardew when he talks about injuries? :lol: Good lord. Where to even start with how Ben Arfa has been (mis)treated this season.

In the coming argument please remember that if either Pardew or Ben Arfa has said something that supports the hypothesis that Pardew has not mishandled Ben Arfa's return from injuries then it is to be taken as gospel.

However, if Ben Arfa has said something which does not support that  hypothesis (like saying im 100% fit and subsequently not playing/starting. see:last season and this) then it is to be discounted immediately and ignored.

I don't have an agenda to push with this one, I just honestly remember all good feedback about how we've handled his injuries etc. We're relying on him a bit too much right now, but it's not like we have any choice.

Fulham? Anzhi? "Out for the season" "needs surgery I fink I dunno"

Oh aye, obviously Pardew talks a lot of nonsense and also doesn't know much about physiotherapy. But I don't think that means the club has mistreated Ben Arfa.

Fulham? Anzhi? "Out for the season" "needs surgery I fink I dunno"

Oh aye, obviously Pardew talks a lot of nonsense and also doesn't know much about physiotherapy. But I don't think that means the club has mistreated Ben Arfa.

This is his 3rd comeback this season and Pardew is still saying he needs 6 or 7 weeks to recover. It hasn't been handled well by any stretch of the imagination.

Hatem, why are you so fat nowadays ?

To make sure he made a full recovery they made him move in with Derek Wright. Unfortunately the intense physiotherapy meant Hatem had to dine with Derek for every meal.

:thup:

He's been hamstrung for almost 6 months now like, may have something to do with it.

Oh aye definitely, with that said if come the beginning of next season and his fitness hasn't considerably improved i'll be disappointed.

For now its very understandable, was his first start in like 4 months too.