Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Works both ways ain't it? He needs to release the ball early on certain occasions as he did first half against Stoke. His teammates also need to run into space knowing that Hatem's vision will find them. Yet often we don't commit players forward for fear of losing the formation nor do our players find options for him to pass to. A good pass from Hatem, a good cross from Debuchy means nothing if we don't have the players in the box.

People would argue black was white to avoid saying the lad does anything whatsoever wrong.

The notion that players don't get frustrated with making runs and then not getting the ball (especially if the move comes to nothing) is daft.

People would argue black was white to avoid saying the lad does nothing whatsoever wrong.

The notion that players don't get frustrated with making runs and then not getting the ball (especially if the move comes to nothing) is daft.

Not as daft as saying excusing players not making runs because they don't get it every single time :lol:

cp40's opinion changes on a whim, man. It'll take a single sidewards 10 yard pass for him to consider Ben Ara the next Laudrup.

ha ha.

no. people on here or just in-capable of saying good when good , bad when bad.

he is all the good things people say about him no doubt. but his descision making, timing of keeping the ball/ passing are often  wrong.

Just watched a bit. The kid's a fucking magician with the ball, Pardew needs to get him in the team and work on his teammates making moves when he has it. Every fucker just watches him.

If you've busted a gut to find space a few times and he's not passed the ball I reckon it would put you off expending so much energy every time he gets the ball.

He passes the ball when there's options available.

ho doesn't.

we've the wrong manager for it to work, ben arfa has the ability - as Dave said he's a fucking magician and sees an amazing pass - but it'd have to be a committed attacking gameplan that's stuck with for a period of time for it to work, and worked on in training of course

no point in throwing him in now and again because it clearly doesn't work, the rest of the team stand still when he's got the ball because there's no understanding, pardew doesn't believe in it thus they clearly do not work on it...they need to be progressively working on getting beyond him so he's either got a decent option to pass or to use the space for himself

i honestly believe it's instruction too, pardew is telling them to stand when ben arfa starts going at people, i think he sees the lad as an individual and the rest of the team have to protect his potential for turning the ball over

said all this ages ago mind

People would argue black was white to avoid saying the lad does anything whatsoever wrong.

Do you even understand your first sentence?

cp40's opinion changes on a whim, man. It'll take a single sidewards 10 yard pass for him to consider Ben Ara the next Laudrup.

ha ha.

he is all the good things people say about him no doubt. but his descision making, timing of keeping the ball/ passing are often  wrong.

Agree.

Guest bimpy474

Do you even understand your first sentence?

It's not a graph.

Have you ever played football? There's always a few people on the team who like to dribble and sometimes don't see your runs, doesn't mean you stop doing them :lol:

Have you ever played football? There's always a few people on the team who like to dribble and sometimes don't see your runs, doesn't mean you stop doing them :lol:

precisely

Guest bimpy474

ha ha.

Agree.

Well done, you're now Lloyd to his Harry.

ha ha.

It's people writing blatant shite like "he was shit against 11 man Stoke" that puts people on the defence.

As usual if you put both sides of the argument together it would be a lot closer to the truth.

He doesn't always make the right choices, he can be frustrating and miss a clear pass (Remy wide left recently) which will frustrate the fans and team mates and the less minutes he plays the more he tries to do it all on his own, although I love a player like that tbh as long as they have the talent which he does!

He can also be brilliant, play ridiculously good passes and when his dribbles come off they are absolutely stunning.

No way he shouldn't be starting today. I can understand him missing some games (although as I have banged on about many times, this is due to Pardew trying to change him too many times) but today isn't a game he should be picking splinters out of his arse.

Guest VanBarduck

Nah, he's trying to trigger something off HBA , get that "grinta" in him , turning him into a Suarez-type of player  :snod:

Fucking genius

People would argue black was white to avoid saying the lad does nothing whatsoever wrong.

Not as daft as saying excusing players not making runs because they don't get it every single time :lol:

I never said that they would expect to get the ball every time.  If that's what you took from it then I probably worded it incorrectly.  I meant the more often he goes alone the less inclined teammates will be to find space when it was a lot of effort and would leave them exposed to the counter. 

It's not to excuse that sort of decision.  But I see it as a similar rationale as saying Ben Arfa won't pass any more because pardew won't play him and he feels he has to prove himself more.