Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

He should have been playing against Norwich, Swansea and West Brom if we're merely looking to get him fitter. Games where his supposed class can show through and we only got one point anyway. Ended up with 30mins out of 270.

Pardew must be the only person in the world who thinks Ben Arfa should be on the bench. Ludicrous, really.

Aye, even Christmas Tree realises that he should be starting... For Hartlepool, granted... But still starting...

:lol: I wasn't including mental taxi drivers

He won't play against Man United will he? f***ing ridiculous.

@Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

Pardew defended Cabaye's tackle -"he's not a malicious player" and hinted he still did not feel Ben Arfa was ready to start games. #NUFC

:dave:

He should have been playing against Norwich, Swansea and West Brom if we're merely looking to get him fitter. Games where his supposed class can show through and we only got one point anyway. Ended up with 30mins out of 270.

:thup:

Baffling really. The Swansea game especially - awful decision making by Pardew there.

Pardew could string out the 'not ready to start' for months.  He'll never get match fit if he never plays and if he's only gonna give him 30 mins max then he needs to play the next few reserve games.

If he's not fit to start then he shouldn't have played Man C, Man U and Chelsea, regardless of our injury problems.  We can all see he coped fine in those games though and should be starting now.

fwiw I think Obertan was a Pardew signing rather than Carr and I reckon this is why he has a sort of blind faith in him (conspiracy theories...)

Pardew could string out the 'not ready to start' for months.  He'll never get match fit if he never plays and if he's only gonna give him 30 mins max then he needs to play the next few reserve games.

If he's not fit to start then he shouldn't have played Man C, Man U and Chelsea, regardless of our injury problems.  We can all see he coped fine in those games though and should be starting now.

fwiw I think Obertan was a Pardew signing rather than Carr and I reckon this is why he has a sort of blind faith in him (conspiracy theories...)

Exactly what I've been thinking. I'm surprised Carr didn't try and block it, Obertan was gash at Man U too. If Fergie is willing to cast them off they aren't good enough, simple.

Edit: There are exceptions, i.e. Pique, but not many.

Obertan is shit so Pardew signed him whilst the messiah Carr had nothing to do with it.

In fact, just as Obertan was about to sign the contract, Carr burst in to try to stop it but Pardew threatened that he'd do his wife if he prevented the deal.

Get a grip. It was said at the time of the deal that Carr had been scouting him for years.

Get a grip. It was said at the time of the deal that Carr had been scouting him for years.

I'd be surprised if you could find anything to back that up.

Only thing I could find is Obertan: "Pardew had been following me for a long time. He thought I'd fit in well with the football the team plays, and he really pushed to get me here, even though the negotiations lasted a while."

Obertan is shit so Pardew signed him whilst the messiah Carr had nothing to do with it.

In fact, just as Obertan was about to sign the contract, Carr burst in to try to stop it but Pardew threatened that he'd do his wife if he prevented the deal.

Gets on my tits this Pardew=bad, Carr=good thing. They sign players as a team, they've always maintained this.

Obertan is s*** so Pardew signed him whilst the messiah Carr had nothing to do with it.

Gets on my tits this Pardew=bad, Carr=good thing. They sign players as a team, they've always maintained this.

I'm guessing Obertan and Ba were Pardew's signings and Santon, Cabaye, Marveaux (does any one else forget we have him by the way?) were Carr 'signings'. Just purely as I think Pardew prefers players with Premiership experience whilst Carr seems to always be scouting in Europe.

Obertan is s*** so Pardew signed him whilst the messiah Carr had nothing to do with it.

Its nothing to do with him being crap, the same way I don't think Tiote was really a Carr signing despite him being a top player (based on Hughton's information).  Nothing to do with bias ffs

All Carr's signings have come from abroad so I'm just surprised a Man U reserve was on his radar, we only ever hear about him catching games in France, Holland and Germany.

I'm willing to be proven wrong but I can't remember quotes on Carr following Obertan tbh

I'm guessing Obertan and Ba were Pardew's signings and Santon, Cabaye, Marveaux (does any one else forget we have him by the way?) were Carr 'signings'. Just purely as I think Pardew prefers players with Premiership experience whilst Carr seems to always be scouting in Europe.

Exactly

Edit - especially on Ba, I feel he was more of a Pardew signing, kinda throws the Carr = good, Pardew = bad argument out of the water...

Guest bimpy474

I think what either want is irrelevent, Pardew and Carr can identify who they like, its about how Fatty and Dekka see a deal, if they think its value for money then it gets the go ahead, if not nothing happens.

I think what either want is irrelevent, Pardew and Carr can identify who they like, its about how Fatty and Dekka see a deal, if they think its value for money then it gets the go ahead, if not nothing happens.

is that not as it should be ?

Well sometimes they should have a bit of faith in the manager/scouting team.  Surely Fat Mike isn't the best judge of footballing ability/potential.

So, no, its probably not how it should be but it is how it most likely is.

Well sometimes they should have a bit of faith in the manager/scouting team.  Surely Fat Mike isn't the best judge of footballing ability/potential.

and the manager/scouting team will have to think it's value for money. i'm pretty sure ashley/lambias wouldn't have heard of most of our signings and wouldn't have been personally to watch them but they, as you say, had faith in their manager/scouting team.

Guest bimpy474

True, Frazzle put it so well i'll just add, sometimes a manager or scout can be taken at their word,  pay a little more on their say so and take a little chance, your not talking £10m more but if a player is valued at £5m but the other club wants £6.5m, thats the kind of thing that bugs like.

Exactly

Edit - especially on Ba, I feel he was more of a Pardew signing, kinda throws the Carr = good, Pardew = bad argument out of the water...

Good signings are the ones you make to fit the system you play. I'm not sure what our style of play is at the moment but the players seem confused as well. Personally I'd want to see them bringing the ball out from the back and linking with the midfield more. Any player who doesn't want the ball, or loses it under pressure should be got rid of.

and the manager/scouting team will have to think it's value for money. i'm pretty sure ashley/lambias wouldn't have heard of most of our signings and wouldn't have been personally to watch them but they, as you say, had faith in their manager/scouting team.

You responded to bimpy who said it will be up to Ashley and Llmabias to decide whether a player is value for money and said 'is that not how it should be', so I'm not sure what your response to my comment is, there'll probably be loads of examples where they've dismissed Pardew's and Carr's advice.  Since Colo what's our record signing? 5 or 6m?  I'm sure the incumbent manager/scouting have recommended players costing more than that.

True, Frazzle put it so well i'll just add, sometimes a manager or scout can be taken at their word,  pay a little more on their say so and take a little chance, your not talking £10m more but if a player is valued at £5m but the other club wants £6.5m, thats the kind of thing that bugs like.

Exactly, that was my point as well.

You responded to bimpy who said it will be up to Ashley and Llmabias to decide whether a player is value for money and said 'is that not how it should be', so I'm not sure what your response to my comment is, there'll probably be loads of examples where they've dismissed Pardew's and Carr's advice.  Since Colo what's our record signing? 5 or 6m?  I'm sure the incumbent manager/scouting have recommended players costing more than that.

and that always happens at every club (bar citeh) ,the manager will not get every player he wants. what you are really saying is providing we have the cash we should just let the manager get who he wants at whatever price. (like souness and shepherd)

And Coloccini's the perfect example of how, sometimes, no matter how good your scouting is or how much you want "value for money", you have to pay top whack for top class players.

We would never sign a player like Colo now, no chance.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly, that was my point as well.

O0

and that always happens at every club (bar citeh) ,the manager will not get every player he wants.

I can see other owners being slightly more flexible though.