Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

If I still did it, there isn't one player left who I'd want on the back of my shirt. It used to be a difficult decision and was a massive sign of respect.

Cisse or Colo are probably the highest sellers these days which tells you everything about our current lot. A 2 in 23 striker and a deserter are our heroes.

Fucking disgraceful stuff. The most talented player in the squad and he's been fucked off because he doesn't graft enough.

It's shameful, absolutely fucking shameful that Ben Arfa is leaving and the cancer is staying.

Guest bimpy474

Remember when this guy went on strike to come here. Bet he doesn't regret that.

Don't suppose he thought he'd end up managed by such an ameuterish, clueless bellend.

I thought I knew what it was to truly hate a Newcastle United manager when Souness was here, same goes for Allardyce.  But this fucking detestable shit pipe is on another level.  Not only has he "managed" to make me not even want to see our games any more (which I thought wasn't even possible) but he's also wasted one of the most naturally talented players I've ever seen.  In fact even worse than just wasting him he's actively sabotaged him because he doesn't fit into his vile myopic view of Football.  The man's a fucking managerial cesspool.

I thought I knew what it was to truly hate a Newcastle United manager when Souness was here, same goes for Allardyce.  But this fucking detestable shit pipe is on another level.  Not only has he "managed" to make me not even want to see our games any more (which I thought wasn't even possible) but he's also wasted one of the most naturally talented players I've ever seen. In fact even worse than just wasting him he's actively sabotaged him because he doesn't fit into his vile myopic view of Football.  The man's a fucking managerial cesspool.

there's obviously truth to the fact that HBA had trouble integrating at his previous clubs and was seen as a bit of a troublemaker etc. never really fulfilling his talent

what annoys me is the lad came to us in his mid-20's and was obviously extremely grateful for the club standing by him after the injury, he got himself back and got himself fit and focused on making the french national team as a result and at that point looked like he could really go somewhere...he has, however, been subject to the whims and ineptitude of pardew's awful management lurching from one bad decision to another usually with HBA the implied or stated culprit for his failures

if we'd had a different manager, one who knew how to set a team up at all (even functional with HBA given licence would have been better), we'd have seen a different player this last 1-1.5 years....i'm not saying he'd have become a world beater but he might have

reminds me of discussions around the time we weren't quite as shit where people were sticking up for pardew vs. ben arfa and a few of us were pointing out that whenever he got the ball the rest of the team stood still and watched him try to take on 4 players...certain people chose to believe that it was because he was a selfish cunt and the players knew they'd not get the ball off him...does anyone still believe that now?  or is the more likely explanation that pardew instructed the team to stand still in case HBA "fucked up" and left the team exposed...

the man makes me sick, we could have been watching a truly great, exciting footballer enjoying his football, instead we've watched an inept fuckwit crush him mercilessly to further his own ends

I doubt it is just Pardew's and HBA's problem.  I remember I read some reports or news or rumours etc that HBA is disliked by his teammates and isolated in the dressing room.  If this is true then the problem is a lot more complicated.

there's obviously truth to the fact that HBA had trouble integrating at his previous clubs and was seen as a bit of a troublemaker etc. never really fulfilling his talent

to .............................

the man makes me sick, we could have been watching a truly great, exciting footballer enjoying his football, instead we've watched an inept fuckwit crush him mercilessly to further his own ends

You've made a bit of a journey there.  ;)

Popular though it is to blame Pardew for everything that's going wrong, we all know that Ben Arfa has his issues. It's not easy for an individual to change their ways, and I don't think that Hatem has met that challenge.

I think the lad has psychological issues, and could do with some help in moving forward. It always seems to be one step forward, and then one step back.

I came across this quote from him -

"I’ve always had huge problems in respecting authority. I had a lot of frustration in my family when I was growing up, and took it out on others.

“My father never told me he loved me. My life lacked generosity - while he always backed me he could never express his feelings.

“My dad grew up without a father of his own. He copied the example he’d had, and I am trying to break the mould for the sake of my progress.

“With hindsight I can see how people took me for someone overly sure of himself. I was giving off a negative vibe - I had bad energy. I was arrogant. I was a victim of my own impulsiveness.

“I’ve done some terrible things in my career. They were more down to my attitude than to what I said, and they displeased the people around me.”

Has he ever had help with this?

Suarez is a documented cheat, racist and bitten someone. Rightly or wrongly, is still played much to the benefit of his club. Besides that, Alan pardew works for legally proven liars, lies regularly to  a support he panders to by name dropping dead club legends and shows he hasnt got the foggiest clue how to do his own job; making the same mistakes in a defunct system he refuses to accept doesn't work. Who has the more dangerous attitude?

Popular though it is to blame Pardew for everything that's going wrong, we all know that Ben Arfa has his issues. It's not easy for an individual to change their ways, and I don't think that Hatem has met that challenge.

I think the lad has psychological issues, and could do with some help in moving forward. It always seems to be one step forward, and then one step back.

"I’ve always had huge problems in respecting authority. I had a lot of frustration in my family when I was growing up, and took it out on others.

“My father never told me he loved me. My life lacked generosity - while he always backed me he could never express his feelings.

“My dad grew up without a father of his own. He copied the example he’d had, and I am trying to break the mould for the sake of my progress.

“With hindsight I can see how people took me for someone overly sure of himself. I was giving off a negative vibe - I had bad energy. I was arrogant. I was a victim of my own impulsiveness.

“I’ve done some terrible things in my career. They were more down to my attitude than to what I said, and they displeased the people around me.”

I didn't deny he had issues. As for changing his ways he's not gone public over the continual shafting he's had from pardiola which suggests maybe he's grown up. Whether he's grown as a footballer we'll probably never find out.

I personally love that Hatem quote btw. Very self aware, just obviously needs someone to believe in him, rather than castigate him like dick head pardew has

Or like his father did?

Who incidentally was an ex-professional footballer who pushed him very hard to succeed.

:lol:

I personally love that Hatem quote btw. Very self aware, just obviously needs someone to believe in him, rather than castigate him like dick head pardew has

Or like his father did?

Who incidentally was an ex-professional footballer who pushed him very hard to succeed.

Did you read the quote? You posted it so I assume so.

Yeah. What's your point?

Our medical team f***ing suck at predictions. It's been like this for years. "Ah yeah he'll be back next week... wait actually he might be out for the rest of the season... ah f*** he's dead".

:lol: :lol:

He just wants to be loved man  :lol:

Someone get Dr. Maguire from Good Will Hunting over here to give him a big old hug and he'll be right as rain soon enough. Hatem...it's not your fault.

No, no, Hatem. it's not your fault.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's a cunt, stop trying to prove otherwise. An utter utter lying, conniving, conceited, egotistical cunt, who happens to be a throughly shit football manager and pathetic human stain.

Or like his father did?

Did you read the quote? You posted it so I assume so.

Yeah. What's your point?

What's yours? I said he shouldn't be castigated by pardew as obviously it negatively affected him the way his father treated him. What are you suggesting he should?

Ben Arfa is actually saying that his negative relationship with his father has led to him having difficulties with authority. He himself is not blaming others for the problems in his career. He is at least trying to take some responsibility for changing the pattern himself.

Now we don't know precisely what has gone on behind the scenes, and you can put Ben Arfa in the victim role if you want. But the weight of evidence from Ben Arfa's past suggests that it's more than likely that he's bringing something to the table himself. And it affects his relationships with team-mates, not just his managers.

With the atmosphere on here, everything seems to get twisted into a pro-Pardew or anti-Pardew stance. Call this a futile attempt to steer the discussion away from those tramlines.

I'm lolling at the fact Cronky has gone through the trouble of scouring the internet for quotes that he can use to highlight Ben Arfa's mental instability in an attempt to defend pardew. :lol:

And the ''I came across these quotes'' Like he didn't fucking search the internet to find them.

Asked whether Pardew loves him, the winger said: "No. But I respect him for that choice. I ramp up my training, I try to be a good team-mate. I know what I'm doing right now will make me play well. I'm working harder than ever. I'm always frustrated when I'm not playing but, instead of clashing with the coach like before, I let it go because I know I'll lose. I'm going to submit to his [Pardew's] authority. … I'm not going to go looking for a fight. My time will come. I have to be patient."

From that same article, but not posted for some reason...