Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Nah, it was this season I'm sure. Didn't say we'd scored or owt, just that Arsene was mildly perturbed.

"Pardew made his move with 28 minutes remaining when he sent on Ben Arfa for the tiring Yoan Gouffran and charged him with the task of running at Arsenal."

That was it. Think we conceded roughly 2 minutes later, mind.

Arsene Wenger: “Ben Arfa’s a player with huge potential – one of the most gifted we have in France.

“He’s an exceptional talent, but, due to injury, has not had a big run for a while.”

He loves Atam. Not sure he's an Arsenal player though.

He's going nowhere near a team of that calibre, like. There's just younger, better more professional players for such clubs to choose from.

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree. That ship has sailed for Hatam, and I would attribute 80% fault to the slimy one but the 20% is definitely his reaction to his detractor, he could have handled things a little better.

Breaks the fucking heart.

60(us)/40 (HBA)

Think his lack of application and poor attitude in his younger days has stopped him from becoming a world class player at a club like Real, Bayern, Barcelona etc.

60(us)/40 (HBA)

Think his lack of application and poor attitude in his younger days has stopped him from becoming a world class player at a club like Real, Bayern, Barcelona etc.

And we have failed to capitalise on this.

He needs 1 summer of new manager + new fitness regime and someone to get him back to his best by letting him be himself.  He'll work his bollocks off when he's happy and when the team around him is as well.  Nobody believes in AP's fucking terrible tactics or gameplan...

Man I hope the mental little div doesn't leave. He's got loads of flaws on and seemingly off the pitch but seeing talent like him in full flow should be what football's all about. Sheer entertainment.

Man I hope the mental little div doesn't leave. He's got loads of flaws on and seemingly off the pitch but seeing talent like him in full flow should be what football's all about. Sheer entertainment.

Entertainment is the word. Football is about entertainment -> Hatem is entertaining -> Hatem = football.

Hatem is love, Hatem is life.

Unbelievable that Hatem's career here would be summarised in a little more than two threads. :anguish:

I can't see him ever fulfilling his real potential. That isn't taking away any blame from Pardew who royally f***ed up but HBA seems to have been self destructive even from him youth days. Something not right in that otherwise brilliant head of his.

Ben Arfa is flawed, I don't think many would argue on that score. Forget tracking back, even going forward he has a tendency to hog the ball and that would see most top clubs steer clear. But we aren't a top club and some of the players starting ahead of him in a team which struggles to score goals aren't fit to be on the same pitch. That's the issue.

The sad thing is, you can see that he's trying to fit in within Pardew's anti-football framework, and is trying to make things work out with a club for the first time in his life. This has been nothing but a complete waste of an opportunity for both sides.

I can't really think of a bigger waste of talent in all the time I've been watching sport.

Paul Gascoigne. Not that he was without success, but I genuinely believe he was one of the most talented footballers of all time.