Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Unbelievable that Hatem's career here would be summarised in a little more than two threads. :anguish:

I can't see him ever fulfilling his real potential. That isn't taking away any blame from Pardew who royally fucked up but HBA seems to have been self destructive even from him youth days. Something not right in that otherwise brilliant head of his.

Unbelievable that Hatem's career here would be summarised in a little more than two threads. :anguish:

3 goals, that first vs Everton, the cup vs Blackburn, and the one was it against Bolton where he sprinted down the middle from half way?

Guest firetotheworks

Most of his goals have been picturesque. My favourite is still the WBA away one. Just beautiful football and a deadly finish. He's class man, absolutely love him.

I can't see him ever fulfilling his real potential. That isn't taking away any blame from Pardew who royally fucked up but HBA seems to have been self destructive even from him youth days. Something not right in that otherwise brilliant head of his.

Ben Arfa is flawed, I don't think many would argue on that score. Forget tracking back, even going forward he has a tendency to hog the ball and that would see most top clubs steer clear. But we aren't a top club and some of the players starting ahead of him in a team which struggles to score goals aren't fit to be on the same pitch. That's the issue.

Ben Arfa is flawed, I don't think many would argue on that score. Forget tracking back, even going forward he has a tendency to hog the ball and that would see most top clubs steer clear. But we aren't a top club and some of the players starting ahead of him in a team which struggles to score goals aren't fit to be on the same pitch. That's the issue.

I don't disagree with any of that, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't start games when he isn't injured.

The sad thing is, you can see that he's trying to fit in within Pardew's anti-football framework, and is trying to make things work out with a club for the first time in his life. This has been nothing but a complete waste of an opportunity for both sides.

The strangest thing for me is that in theory Pardew's brand of football relies on individuals to produce magic on top of the conservative base he wants to create.

Aye but 11 defenders are better than 10 so fuck your individuality, it's all 'Atam's fault tbh.

The sad thing is, you can see that he's trying to fit in within Pardew's anti-football framework, and is trying to make things work out with a club for the first time in his life. This has been nothing but a complete waste of an opportunity for both sides.

I can't really think of a bigger waste of talent in all the time I've been watching sport.

The strangest thing for me is that in theory Pardew's brand of football relies on individuals to produce magic on top of the conservative base he wants to create.

you seem to be suggesting there's little or no logic to the footballing framework laid out by alan scott pardew ian

Ben Arfa plays too deep to be allowed any individuality. He really only wants the "magic" from a centre forward. Even in a 4-3-3, the two wide forwards are only there to hold the full back's hand for them.

Ben Arfa plays too deep to be allowed any individuality. He really only wants the "magic" from a centre forward. Even in a 4-3-3, the two wide forwards are only there to hold the full back's hand for them.

yeah this, or from cabaye who has the workrate as well

Guest firetotheworks

It annoyed the fuck out of me when he was receiving the ball midway in our half and expected to create something from there. He still did for a while as well, just took everyone on. Not rose-tinted either, he either took the piss, or was the only thing worth watching at the start of last season.

yeah this, or from cabaye who has the workrate as well

Even Cabaye was usually played in front of the defenders for the majority of the 90 mins. It's surprising he got as many assists and goals as he did considering.

Guest firetotheworks

"A clab lyk owsnul, they can afford to has a playa like Atam, one Oo will open doorz an produce tha littul bit ov magic an not av to worry about, perapse goin bak that way. An we wan tha, Matt is a triffic full back, but we're not quite there yeh(t)"

"A clab lyk owsnul, they can afford to has a playa like Atam, one Oo will open doorz an produce tha littul bit ov magic an not av to worry about, perapse goin bak that way. An we wan tha, Matt is a triffic full back, but we're not quite there yeh(t)"

Sounds like a deaf stroke victim leper whose lips have fallen off. :lol: